Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this from Dayton Daily News, dated Sun 1/20:
>snip
She'll always have somebody watching out for her," her parents reasoned.
Now, Mary hopes the tragedy will prompt some soul-searching on the part of the Marine Corps. Among the changes she will advocate: a guaranteed base change for Marines who bring forth rape allegations.
"My instinct tells me the majority of rapes are not reported. For a woman to come forward and complain about a rape takes a lot," she said. "It took Maria a lot.">snip

Maria sacrificed her life. I hope this will be the catalyst in addressing rape charges in the Marines going forward.

IF her Military OBGYN TOLD HER she was having a boy (from the ultrasound) then the military would then REPORT she was having a boy. Maria was told it was a boy by her DR and since she died before the baby was born neither her NOR her Dr or the military knew any different. It's sad, but until the autopsy how would they know different? Ultrasound is good but not always 100% accurate in predicting the sex - sometimes due to positioning things can show up to fool the tech into thinking it's one sex when it's not. Happens.

And I am waiting till the DNA comes in myself - that will be ironclad proof of both paternity and the sex. Sometimes decomp is too advanced to tell, especially in a tiny infant ???

Either way it's so very sad - a little angel indeed - Gabriel or Gabrielle, you were truly loved by your mother and you were innocent - know that so many are praying for justice for you and your mother. We take a little comfort in knowing that she is with you, holding you safe in her arms now, forever.

My Opinion

Lol, I never said it was the military's fault. I'm saying it's not a stretch to think that they got that information wrong as well as other info they got. The only info I have regarding the "baby boy" statement is that was from a sonogram pic. That was told to mom. True, I do not know what the official records state. But again, in my experience, the sex determination/or guess of sex is made by the person perfoming the sonogram.

i guess where i'm coming from is that so many people think the military is the 'bad guy' in all of this.....they made a couple of mistakes, sure, but they corrected them before knowing Maria was murdered....i think the military did everything, by the book, that they could do, considering everything was a "he said, she said" deal......they could only go by what Maria & Cesar told them.....no proof whatsoever of a rape...women just can't holler rape, & then no proof of it....i have to assume that if Maria wasn't lying, maybe she was just immature & didn't know that you should always report a rape immediately..

According to Mary, Maria told her mother that despite the 1000 ft order, her and CL were forced to attend meetings together.

IF her Military OBGYN TOLD HER she was having a boy (from the ultrasound) then the military would then REPORT she was having a boy. Maria was told it was a boy by her DR and since she died before the baby was born neither her NOR her Dr or the military knew any different. It's sad, but until the autopsy how would they know different? Ultrasound is good but not always 100% accurate in predicting the sex - sometimes due to positioning things can show up to fool the tech into thinking it's one sex when it's not. Happens.

And I am waiting till the DNA comes in myself - that will be ironclad proof of both paternity and the sex. Sometimes decomp is too advanced to tell, especially in a tiny infant ???

Either way it's so very sad - a little angel indeed - Gabriel or Gabrielle, you were truly loved by your mother and you were innocent - know that so many are praying for justice for you and your mother. We take a little comfort in knowing that she is with you, holding you safe in her arms now, forever.

My Opinion
At this point we don't know for certain that her OB/GYN did tell her that, only that it's what she had said.

I think her medical records have been reviewed and they know what, and what was not indicated on her last visit in November.

I'm thinking that is probably the case. However, it still shows a belligerant attitude - perhaps belligerant enough to key someone's car or not go to LE until the husband had several hours to scoot out of town. If she believed him and didn't bother to find the truth - shame on her for not being human enough to find the truth before she developed an ill founded attitude, before she assited in painting and who knows what else. Wonder how she likes what she sees in the mirror now?

You doing okay Close ?

doing fine, RC:)...hope you're doing the same!

so hard to pinpoint what a person would do in this situation, since we don't know the 'characters' personally.....all we can do is theorize (sp?)...i just see it as me being very upset if i thought someone was falsely accusing my hubby of rape.....& i swear, if it ever happened, i KNOW i wouldn't believe it, because my hubby is simply not like that....he's the kindest, most gentle, big hearted man i know (well, besides my Daddy)

i guess where i'm coming from is that so many people think the military is the 'bad guy' in all of this.....they made a couple of mistakes, sure, but they corrected them before knowing Maria was murdered....i think the military did everything, by the book, that they could do, considering everything was a "he said, she said" deal......they could only go by what Maria & Cesar told them.....no proof whatsoever of a rape...women just can't holler rape, & then no proof of it....i have to assume that if Maria wasn't lying, maybe she was just immature & didn't know that you should always report a rape immediately..

Despite the fact that this was a he said, she said situation, the Marines stated that CL's denial that he ever had sex with Maria was significant evidence. In the he said, she said. Only CL's denial was believed.

At this point we don't know for certain that her OB/GYN did tell her that, only that it's what she had said.

I think her medical records have been reviewed and they know what, and what was not indicated on her last visit in November.

good point, TG....Maria said the baby was a boy..we haven't heard what the ob/gyn's records showed...

Despite the fact that this was a he said, she said situation, the Marines stated that CL's denial that he ever had sex with Maria was significant evidence. In the he said, she said. Only CL's denial was believed.

even though it may appear they believed Cesar, they still went by the book on everything involved....from what i've read anyway...

doing fine, RC:)...hope you're doing the same!

so hard to pinpoint what a person would do in this situation, since we don't know the 'characters' personally.....all we can do is theorize (sp?)...i just see it as me being very upset if i thought someone was falsely accusing my hubby of rape.....& i swear, if it ever happened, i KNOW i wouldn't believe it, because my hubby is simply not like that....he's the kindest, most gentle, big hearted man i know (well, besides my Daddy)

Anyone in that position would understandibly be upset. But it doesn't give Xtina or anyone else the right to break the law. And what I mean by breaking the law. It could be as little as causing harrasment or a big as being involved as an accessory before or after murder.

Anyone in that position would understandibly be upset. But it doesn't give Xtina or anyone else the right to break the law. And what I mean by breaking the law. It could be as little as causing harrasment or a big as being involved as an accessory before or after murder.

i agree, although i must admit, if i were to happen to run upon a woman that I thought falsely accused my hubby of rape, i'd probably have a few choice words to say to her too....

i agree, although i must admit, if i were to happen to run upon a woman that I thought falsely accused my hubby of rape, i'd probably have a few choice words to say to her too....

Me too! Yipee! We agree on something! :blowkiss:

I can understand why the Military at that time didn't take her allegations against Laurean as creditable in lieu of the counseling she had in '06 regarding her story about her little brother.

I can understand why the Military at that time didn't take her allegations against Laurean as creditable in lieu of the counseling she had in '06 regarding her story about her little brother.

oh my, you're right, TG!
.....this had slipped my mind that she had counseling thru the military!

Mary Lauterbach had a solid reason for these words of motherly caution. While assigned to Marine Occupation Specialties School at Camp Lejeune in the fall of 2006, Maria told a disturbing lie to some of her fellow Marines, claiming her father had accidentally killed her 6-year-old brother by throwing a lamp at him. Lauterbach was placed in counseling after her mother assured authorities that Maria's actual brother, nearly 9 at the time, was alive and well.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/20/ddn012008mariainside.html

That's what happens when you do things like that. I used to tell my stepdaughter all the time that if something bad really did happen to her, no one would believe her.

I wonder in what context and the situation that happened with Maria. My mom was a piece of work. I would hear her spin tales about me that were pure fantasy. When I was a kid I can remember a horrible family secret my mother would tell me over and over. Well one day I slipped that secret. I was asked why I would say such a thing. My response was "mom" told me. Turns out this secret was not true. Well mom painted me into a liar and that lived on for years. It really scarred me as a kid.

Now I'm really depressed. I'm going to go do something else for awhile. Maybe go shopping.

~Well then, IMO, THE BOOK needs to be re-written~

Once there are allegations of rape, ESPECIALLY if the alleged victim is PREGNANT as a result, then ONE of the individuals should be temporarily relocated to another base or assigned to another command off-base - until resolution has been achieved. Maria stated that she was raped while they were both ON DUTY in APRIL and THEN found out she was pregnant as a result in JUNE. At THAT TIME she should have been assigned elsewhere until her baby was born and thru DNA, at least paternity could determined.

THE MARINES pooh-poohed Maria and in subtle ways, made HER believe that they did NOT believe her. I am sure she was afraid to make waves any more than she had and just wanted to get thru her pregnancy in as much of an unobtrusive way as possible. She was NOT trying to make CL's life difficult and as such said to the NSIS that they were "ok" working on the same base together. She was hoping, I am sure, that by being agreeable and diplomatic and "nice" he and his buddies would leave her alone. It didn't work.

My Opinion

~Well then, IMO, THE BOOK needs to be re-written~

Once there are allegations of rape, ESPECIALLY if the alleged victim is PREGNANT as a result, then ONE of the individuals should be temporarily relocated to another base or assigned to another command off-base - until resolution has been achieved. Maria stated that she was raped while they were both ON DUTY in APRIL and THEN found out she was pregnant as a result in JUNE. At THAT TIME she should have been assigned elsewhere until her baby was born and thru DNA, at least paternity could determined.

THE MARINES pooh-poohed Maria and in subtle ways, made HER believe that they did NOT believe her. I am sure she was afraid to make waves any more than she had and just wanted to get thru her pregnancy in as much of an unobtrusive way as possible. She was NOT trying to make CL's life difficult and as such said to the NSIS that they were "ok" working on the same base together. She was hoping, I am sure, that by being agreeable and diplomatic and "nice" he and his buddies would leave her alone. It didn't work.

My Opinion

:clap:

6:15 mins into the below linked Marine Q&A video the subject of the keying and being struck by a man, WAS REPORTED TO NCIS.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1156002469/bclid1155200144/bctid1379594756

thanks for this!....yes, she reported both incidences....there again, NCIS advised her to contact LE on the car keying, & the only description she could give on the punching in the face, was that it was a man in dark clothing, but that it was not Cesar.....there again, i must assume there was no evidence of a punch in the face, & no description, to speak of, of the person she claimed hit her....these allegations were reported in May also.....

i'm glad someone explained the "readjusting" of her statements...i was curious about this....she told NCIS on November 5th, that she didn't think her baby was the product of either the March 26th or the April 11th sex/rape, whatever....wonder why she would say this, so far into the investigation?...for some reason she wanted it stated that she didn't think the baby was Cesar's??...she obviously had not told NCIS that her & Cesar had sex after April 11th...

When I had a sonogram for my last son, they showed me why it was a boy...and I asked them what my little girl was doing with those:)
It makes sense to me that they could get it wrong if they said girl..but if you're far enough along for them to guess..if they say "boy"...they're seeing something that a girl doesn't have.

Lol, I never said it was the military's fault. I'm saying it's not a stretch to think that they got that information wrong as well as other info they got. The only info I have regarding the "baby boy" statement is that was from a sonogram pic. That was told to mom. True, I do not know what the official records state. But again, in my experience, the sex determination/or guess of sex is made by the person perfoming the sonogram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey