Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt that Maria would not leave and go UA and leave her medical access that close to giving birth. She also had a visit planned with her mother a week after she disappeared. She didn't need a ticket, thus she never bought one. Now we know CL is involved with the buying of the ticket and IMO, Xtina posed as her. After all, dead people can't buy bus tickets. I also do not believe that Maria went willingly anywhere with a person who had her terrified of him.

It's interesting to note that the Detective himself states in the Probable Cause Affidavit:

Item#11-Based on my training and experience, I believe a woman due to give birth soon would not normally abandon her source of low-cost medical care and enter a military status of unauthorized absence; and she would be reluctant to abandon her cellular phone on the side of the road.

Item#14 Base on my training and experience, I do not believe that Maria Lauterbach would abandon her family's support and/or abandon contact with her family.

Did she look like she was 8 months pregant?

It doesn't take much to make a woman look pregnant. I could do it and I am 100 lbs. And Xtina was pregnant 18 mos ago - think she might still have some of her old maternity clothes in the closet???

Here's all it takes:
Pair of big pants or maternity pants or stretchy pants
Big shirt, "baby doll" style shirt, or a maternity shirt
A small pillow - decorative size throw pillow, like the ones most people have on their couch or a pillowcase stuffed with fabric or clothing
A belt and a tight t-shirt (to hold up the pillow or "stuffing" and to "smooth" the lumps)
Maybe a big sweater, jacket or coat or a mans shirt worn as a jacket over it all

It would take less than 15 minutes to put on and I bet every woman here could put together a "faux" pregnancy disguise from her closet. And in this case, she wasn't going to get any close scrutiny - the "look" only had to fool a bus terminal clerk on the other side of a counter for 15 minutes tops. And what if Xtina or CL "borrowed" some of Maria's clothes while leaving the note at her house for her roommate to find??

I am very thin and have no stomach and I have shirts that are cut and fall in a way that make me LOOK pregnant if someone doesn't look closely and I don't move in a way that shows the shirt is hanging loose. Xtina does not appear to be a stick-thin woman so faking pregnant wouldn't be hard for her to pull off. People see what that are expecting to see. If the clerk was asked, did you see Maria (an 08 mos pregnant Maria) or even did a pregnant woman buy a ticket on the 15th - and the woman he saw appeared pregnant - he would say "yes, I sold a ticket to a pregnant woman that looked like Maria". I doubt he pulled up her shirt to check her stomach and verify she was indeed really pregnant and not knowing Maria or what she looked like I don't know how he could give a positive ID from a photo of Maria.

This isn't James Bond stuff - nor is it difficult and it did not have to stand up to any scrutiny in this instance. No-one would have questioned - the woman LOOKED PREGNANT, so she was!

My Opinion

In one of the warrants, the investigator said that 'Christina was with her FORMER superior, Master Sergeant So and So....' From that I'm assumed that she used to be in the military and is no longer.

Just because it's her Former Superior, doesn't mean that she didn't change offices.

There are so many different units, and each has a different superior.

Plus, at the military presser yesterday, they spoke about how Christina was in the Marine reserves for a year, but was recently activated as Active Duty. Because the reserves have a different chain of command, it's likely that when she became active duty, her chain of command changed.

JMO

I've always felt that Maria would not leave and go UA and leave her medical access that close to giving birth. She also had a visit planned with her mother a week after she disappeared. She didn't need a ticket, thus she never bought one. Now we know CL is involved with the buying of the ticket and IMO, Xtina posed as her. After all, dead people can't buy bus tickets. I also do not believe that Maria went willingly anywhere with a person who had her terrified of him.

It's interesting to note that the Detective himself states in the Probable Cause Affidavit:

Item#11-Based on my training and experience, I believe a woman due to give birth soon would not normally abandon her source of low-cost medical care and enter a military status of unauthorized absence; and she would be reluctant to abandon her cellular phone on the side of the road.

Item#14 Base on my training and experience, I do not believe that Maria Lauterbach would abandon her family's support and/or abandon contact with her family

very good points....makes complete sense....

if Maria didn't write the note that was left for Durham, then wonder who did?...how did they get into Durham's home to leave the note??

very good points....makes complete sense....

if Maria didn't write the note she left for Durham, then wonder who did?...how did they get into Durham's home to leave the note??

They had Maria's key's, her car, her cards, military ID, everything Maria had on her.

whoa...i'm answering my own question now....

if Cesar killed Maria on the 14th, then HE could have gotten Maria's key to Durham's home...wrote the note, went in, & left the note!!!...(ding ding ding)

it's been stated that Maria didn't leave her key at the home (Durham's)

whoa...i'm answering my own question now....

if Cesar killed Maria on the 14th, then HE could have gotten Maria's key to Durham's home...wrote the note, went in, & left the note!!!...(ding ding ding)

it's been stated that Maria didn't leave her key at the home (Durham's)

And took her toothbrush, toothpaste, a few clothes....

Greta was just on Fox News reporting on Christina. One thing she mentioned was the FBI says Laurean has less than $5000 on him. Thats actually quite a bit. I wonder if that is the 'wired' money that they got around that time. I still think Christina is involved and asked for that money so hubby could get away and live for a while in Mexico.

I hope the FBI posts the reward money down in Mexico. Maybe someone will turn him in for the money down there.

And the Western Union wires, they must have been in Maria's name for LE to be interested so early on. And did I read correctly that Xtina claimed that money?

then i wonder who purchased the bus ticket on the 15th????...if it was Christina, i feel SICK that i even gave her the benefit of the doubt:furious:

LE said they felt certain that Maria purchased the ticket.....they have to think otherwise now, since they now think Maria was murdered on the 14th...

I remember Brown stating early on they thought "someone" was sending Maria money.

And the Western Union wires, they must have been in Maria's name for LE to be interested so early on. And did I read correctly that Xtina claimed that money?

oh my...i haven't read about the western union stuff...i need to find that then

ok, i don't see an article about the western union thing, in the links thread....anyone have a link to this info?

I just posted the story above that said twice Christina was at the party. READ the article! Whether she was in Cesar's unit or not, she was at the party. I am sure the party goers have confirmed this.

Thanks for pointing out that link you posted. Don't know how I missed that.

But the article only says that Christina has told investigators that she was at a Christmas party that night. It doesn't say the investigators believe her or that anyone has confirmed it. It also doesn't say it was the Christmas party at Cesar's unit or if it was a Christmas party at any unit.

ok, i don't see an article about the western union thing, in the links thread....anyone have a link to this info?

In my flurry to read posts it was mentioned. Don't know in what context or how far back. I think I started on pg 20 of the last thread. I don't think there was a link.

In my flurry to read posts it was mentioned. Don't know in what context or how far back. I think I started on pg 20 of the last thread. I don't think there was a link.

ok, thanks anyway Suzi.....maybe Greta will mention this tonight

found it

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1919134&postcount=2

Today, 02:49 PM
glezell
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1919134", true);

The affidavit accompanied a warrant to search Western Union records.
Authorities said in the affidavit that Laurean and his wife, Christina, received a transfer of money between December 10 and January 12. It gave no further details.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/...ine/index.html

Money to help with the run? Wow, unless some family member was in a habit of sending them money, this looks like getaway money! Maybe it will lead to someone who is helping him hide....

The affidavit accompanied a warrant to search Western Union records.
Authorities said in the affidavit that Laurean and his wife, Christina, received a transfer of money between December 10 and January 12. It gave no further details.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/missing.marine/index.html

Money to help with the run? Wow, unless some family member was in a habit of sending them money, this looks like getaway money! Maybe it will lead to someone who is helping him hide....

O please, like she didn't know sooner, I dont buy it!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member