Missing Cell Phones #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all these theories, he said/she said and timelines with the phones are making my head hurt. but one theory i haven't seen is this. hang in there with me for a second.

when my daughter was younger, i got her a prepaid cell phone from U.S. Cellular. well even after her minutes ran out, she could still receive incoming calls from another US Cellular customer and she could use her phone for incoming and outgoing calls during the free nights and weekend time.

so how did we find this out? because the first time the phone was cut off, she tried everything since i wouldn't buy more minutes, and she learned the hard way.

now as for DB's phone being "restricted" for nonpayment but calls could come but she couldn't make calls therefore all the questions about why would she try to access her VM knowing that she couldn't make calls since the phone had been turned off. what if she didn't know that VM was one of the things she could not do? i've read on here that she could still receive calls, so unless this situation had happened before, why wouldn't she at least give it a try and see if she could access VM? especially, if Verizon has the same deal as US Cellular with the phone working either way during free nights and weekends?

don't know anything about Verizon but i'm just saying that it makes sense to me that she could have tried to access VM just to see if it worked or not. she may not have known.

Could MW have been calling from one of the stolen phones to her own phone trying to track down Dane? If so, how did she get them and from who?

Well, DB had to know the phones were off before Oct 3rd because her father gave her his phone to use the prior weekend. DB had a working phone but it conveniently got stolen. JI also had a working phone. Whey wasn't he calling DB's father's phone, that one worked. Did the invisible intruder use that one or did he not like it because it wasn't web enabled? It was said to be a "plain jane" phone.

I'm thinking that if they hadn't paid their bill, they may have known that they would lose service, just not exactly when.

Could MW have been calling from one of the stolen phones to her own phone trying to track down Dane? If so, how did she get them and from who?

That's an interesting guess. The call was an attempt to make the phone ring, so they could locate it. Fully 1/3 of the calls to my cell are from my home phone, in an attempt to locate my phone. (I don't use a cell much at ALL).

I've missed a lot of stuff today. This keeps going back and forth - was the call to MW's phone at 8:30, or at 11:57? It seems like it keeps changing back and forth.

TIA

I think the phone records prove the calls were attempted, not that the phone records prove the phone was restricted. Or am I interpreting that wrong?
investigators in this case have told the family that they have phone records proving that even though DB and JI's phones were restricted on the day that the baby went missing
this says the phones were indeed RESTRICTED

Another thing to consider is if the internet was being attempted and they didn't have a plan
it's pretty easy to see what was attempted. If they didn't have a plan they are charged per MB at $1.99 a MB. Even some older phones flip style for instance you can access the internet if you know what you are doing.

If they don't find anything else, that works for me...:truce:

Thankfully we don't prosecute people based on statistics in this country or else the lunsfords and smarts would've been thrown in jail.

I see now why DN deleted his comments about the cell phones. :innocent:

this says the phones were indeed RESTRICTED

From the parents interview at the time Lisa went missing they stated the cell phones were taken and were NOT working/restricted. If one of these phones has evidence of attempted calls vm and internet access it doesnt make sense. Either DB made these calls so therefore not all the phones were restricted (lying) OR an abductor attempted to use the restricted phone.

My question on the latter is why would an abductor be so stupid as to attempt to use a stolen phone after abducting a baby.

None of the facts or speculation in this case make any sense and I am still as baffled as I was three weeks ago
:banghead:

Thanks 123.

I'm also trying to find a link to a story or video that says MW was filmed in the neighborhood before it was known about the call. So far, I can't come up with anything other that someone asked if that was why LE asked for raw footage.

I give up!! Can't find it, don't have the patience to watch all the videos, so I will apologize, and say it must have been a rumor. I am sorry to have repeated a rumor :(

At this point, I am questioning who, if anyone, is telling the actual truth! The one known fact - beautiful baby Lisa is missing on her first birthday.

I think the phone records prove the calls were attempted, not that the phone records prove the phone was restricted. Or am I interpreting that wrong?

Good thunkin . lol
Calls to the cell phone were attempted but there was no connection to another phone or VM.

For the SODDI theory, if someone stole the phones, didn't know they were on restricted access, they attempted to use DB's broken phone and didn't realize the phone was restricted b/c the speaker wasn't working. So they tried again later?

Just throwing out some possibilities.

I don't know why it's impossible that someone could try to attempt something more than once when they failed the first time. I frequently attempt the same thing more than once expecting different results, even though that makes me insane.

all these theories, he said/she said and timelines with the phones are making my head hurt. but one theory i haven't seen is this. hang in there with me for a second.

when my daughter was younger, i got her a prepaid cell phone from U.S. Cellular. well even after her minutes ran out, she could still receive incoming calls from another US Cellular customer and she could use her phone for incoming and outgoing calls during the free nights and weekend time.

so how did we find this out? because the first time the phone was cut off, she tried everything since i wouldn't buy more minutes, and she learned the hard way.

now as for DB's phone being "restricted" for nonpayment but calls could come but she couldn't make calls therefore all the questions about why would she try to access her VM knowing that she couldn't make calls since the phone had been turned off. what if she didn't know that VM was one of the things she could not do? i've read on here that she could still receive calls, so unless this situation had happened before, why wouldn't she at least give it a try and see if she could access VM? especially, if Verizon has the same deal as US Cellular with the phone working either way during free nights and weekends?

don't know anything about Verizon but i'm just saying that it makes sense to me that she could have tried to access VM just to see if it worked or not. she may not have known.

Thats a good point but arent we led to believe she was unconcious in bed and the cell phones were all on the work top downstairs? :banghead:

Thankfully we don't prosecute people based on statistics in this country or else the lunsfords and smarts would've been thrown in jail.

Cant compare them.............

Mark Lunsford pled.........make that BEGGED for his daughter's kidnapper to bring her home. He was a man on a mission to find his child and acted like one.

The Smarts did the same thing. Begged (in a more restricted fashion) but the Smarts kept their daughter's story alive.

DB and JI do NOT IN any fashion act like parents whose child is missing. IMOO

THEY DO act like THE RAMSEYS.... CONNECT the dots.
IMO

With all the different information and speculation coming out about the cell phones, I am just glad that LE has the proper info and is moving forward with that. At least I hope they do and that they are not as confused as I am. jmo

True story, I have a neighbor who always had a handful of money problems and she would always pick and choose what bills to pay. Every month at the end of the month she would call me after she tucked her kids in and I tucked mine in and we would talk until her cell PHONE was cut off.

Is it possible BD bought so many minutes and used those minutes in a certain sequance?

With all the different information and speculation coming out about the cell phones, I am just glad that LE has the proper info and is moving forward with that. At least I hope they do and that they are not as confused as I am. jmo

I really hope so too :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member