Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

If true, could that possibly fit in a timeline where LE had already looked into cell phone activity for that night and questioned DB/JI regarding their cell phones, which at that point they said the phones were "missing"? Reminds me of someone whose gun was used in a crime, and the owner tells LE "oh, it was stolen months ago".

However, I understood the parents to say they reported the phones missing almost immediately.

:waitasec:

And the parents have been so consistent.....:crazy:

If they knew Dad wasn't home that's a moat point.....Mom wakes up first has to run to neighbors, wake them up probably a good 10-15 minute headway which late at night is excellent!

Furthermore as it is we have no idea what time the baby was taken, Mom didn't wake up (they had to have known that when they left) so they had huge headstart.

No doubt that is what someone making up a story would want you to think...but....if I am the kidnapper, I'd probably blow off the phones thinking it a moot point because there might (likely) be another cell in the bedroom.

You want to know something eery? Is it possible she got the extra cell phone on Sunday because she knew she would be ditching her own phone soon?

Hope not. It helps me to know that she reported both of those phones missing.

But then again, what if that cell phone shows calls after 4 a.m. from Debbie's phone? That would be a huge "gap in my story".

A poster on another thread (sorry I can't remember the name) remarked that it would be pretty 'difficult' to transfer info from one phone to another if one was broken. If a phone is broken, can you open up the phone number directory that is programmed in? KWIM?

BBM

If true, could that possibly fit in a timeline where LE had already looked into cell phone activity for that night and questioned DB/JI regarding their cell phones, which at that point they said the phones were "missing"? Reminds me of someone whose gun was used in a crime, and the owner tells LE "oh, it was stolen months ago".

However, I understood the parents to say they reported the phones missing almost immediately.

:waitasec:

Now that I think about it, the very first news video I saw about this case said 3 cell phones were missing. :waitasec:

From Shelby1's timeline

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib. http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-100-offi...,3181219.story

UPDATE 10-6-11 3 cell phones also taken. One does not even work. Also, dad came home to find front door unlocked, most of the lights on and front window open.

Now that I think about it, the very first news video I saw about this case said 3 cell phones were missing. :waitasec:

From Shelby1's timeline

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib. http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-100-offi...,3181219.story

UPDATE 10-6-11 3 cell phones also taken. One does not even work. Also, dad came home to find front door unlocked, most of the lights on and front window open.

Link does not work :waitasec:

Sorry and dag gone it that's copied from our time line thread.

Hum I just tried the link, the news pages says the article's been moved.

A poster on another thread (sorry I can't remember the name) remarked that it would be pretty 'difficult' to transfer info from one phone to another if one was broken. If a phone is broken, can you open up the phone number directory that is programmed in? KWIM?

Good point. Guess we would have to know what broken means in this context.

broken the ringer volume goes down to almost non hearing level without assistance so you are constantly missing calls and having to readjust the volume of the ringer back up

broken meaning it won't hold a charge for more than five minutes

or BROKEN broken as in it won't turn on or let you do anything with it or is in pieces that are completely useless.

I would consider all of them broken to some degree or other. I suppose without knowing the degree of broken-ness it is hard to know if it would be something DB could transfer data from or not.

Between myself and DH we have owned some seriously jacked up phones over the years :)

No doubt that is what someone making up a story would want you to think...but....if I am the kidnapper, I'd probably blow off the phones thinking it a moot point because there might (likely) be another cell in the bedroom.

My last post on this...There is no real reason why the cell phones were taken except to either impede the family from calling 911, to sell them or maybe they just thought they were nice...who knows

Depending on the company they had most activity can be obtained via LE so even if the parents are "making" this up I am fairly sure LE has all of the information that they need.

BTW the parents have not said anything as to the reason the cell phones were missing..they just stated that they were taken. It's all of us "making" up the reason why someone would want the cellphones.

I don't even know where to post this, this place is so frustrating sometimes!
Is there no thread after #14 on Lisa's case? Maybe I'm an idiot but it gets confusing when there are 15 different threads on one case.

My last post on this...There is no real reason why the cell phones were taken except to either impede the family from calling 911, to sell them or maybe they just thought they were nice...who knows

Depending on the company they had most activity can be obtained via LE so even if the parents are "making" this up I am fairly sure LE has all of the information that they need.

BTW the parents have not said anything as to the reason the cell phones were missing..they just stated that they were taken. It's all of us "making" up the reason why someone would want the cellphones.

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29404237/detail.html

POSTED: 6:20 am CDT October 6, 2011
UPDATED: 11:55 am CDT October 6, 2011

On video at about 2:54 mark.

Jeremy says:

They took her and they took all of our phones so we couldnt call anybody.

Took me 45 minutes to track down that video. This case is giving me a headache JMHO.

On the Police Dispatch Tapes thread, there is a discussion that apparently Jeremy had a problem with someone. IF this is true, then the statement, "They took our cell phones so we couldn't call 911" makes complete sense, because it would mean Lisa was taken by someone they knew, and was taken right in front of them. There WAS no break-in, no unknown abductor, they know exactly what happened. It would also be the reason the other children are being kept out of sight, and the reason the children were screaming as DB stated. They had just witnessed their sister being taken.

In my head, I can see LE knowing all this and being very tight-lipped about it until they are able to track this person/these people down.

Just my hypothetical thoughts.

On the Police Dispatch Tapes thread, there is a discussion that apparently Jeremy had a problem with someone. IF this is true, then the statement, "They took our cell phones so we couldn't call 911" makes complete sense, because it would mean Lisa was taken by someone they knew, and was taken right in front of them. There WAS no break-in, no unknown abductor, they know exactly what happened. It would also be the reason the other children are being kept out of sight, and the reason the children were screaming as DB stated. They had just witnessed their sister being taken.

In my head, I can see LE knowing all this and being very tight-lipped about it until they are able to track this person/these people down.

Just my hypothetical thoughts.

I like the theory! but why are they not putting out amber alerts? and why are they only searching around that house?? :waitasec: moo

I think the cell phones are key to the whereabouts of lisa.

Anyone have an idea what this thing is the guy is using in a search?

searchthing.jpg

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44913184#44913184

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it might be better in here:

This statement has been nagging at me since the first time I heard that it was said. Hopefully someone here can put it into context for me. When they said, "They took our cell phones away so we couldn't call 911," did they mean:

A) "They took our cell phones so we (weren't able) to call 911" - which implies they have knowledge of WHY the perp took the phones. It also implies that they didn't have a landline and the perp possibly knew that.

B) "They took our cell phones so we couldn't call 911 (right away)" - which explains why it took them a "few seconds" to remember that Dad had his work phone in his pocket (or wherever he had it on his person) and would account for any lag in time between Dad's arrival home and the actual 911 call.

My initial reaction was option A. But, after seeing it again so many times, I realized that it could be taken another way. Thoughts?

Is it a radar gun and he wants to see how fast that leaf is traveling? :floorlaugh:

Seriously, I have no idea. The only thing I've ever seen that resembled that was a radar gun and I was driving by so fast that I didn't get a good look. :floorlaugh: (I'm on a roll today!)

LOL LOL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He's looking through a viewer so I'm not sure it's a metal detector.

Anyone have an idea what this thing is the guy is using in a search?

searchthing.jpg

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44913184#44913184
I have no clue. All the hand held metal detectors I found don't look like this - but this does look like a radar/speed gun.

But why would that be used? I can't think of anything else it would be to try to find it. I tried "uv gun" and "ground penetrating radar gun" - found nothing that looks like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop