Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Jennibee, almost too convenient. I've always believed that Suzie or Sherrill knew their abductor/s or they let someone in a police uniform in.
I don't know if the ex boyfriend was savvy enough to pull off "the perfect crime", but I feel he was the conduit to get them to open the door. I feel there were very dangerous and powerful people above the boyfriend who had a lot at stake if Suzie talked.

Sometimes better to be lucky then good . In this case with the crime scene destroyed , probably true .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one of the two most viable theories. Very possible. Even some of the police have said as much and quoted to that effect.

One of the two unfortunate aspects of this case was the poor management of the case. The other was the contamination of the crime scene.

The one I like best is the "trusted" individual that has been suggested by many. That does not necessarily rule out a police officer.

Is any theory involving a trusted person or authority (police officer, gas leak investigation) incompatible with the idea one of them was wearing only underwear? No matter how urgent they described the peril, I can't imagine them not grabbing their clothes before fleeing.

Quote: "The men passed the 20th and 21st polygraphs given in the
investigation, now 46 days old. All but one person has passed the tests, indicating they were telling the truth about the questions asked. No details were released on the person who failed the test." End quote. News-Leader, July 23, 1992
Is it possible the police did not tell any of the people they tested the results of the polygraph? If the perpetrator was among the 21 tested, saying they'd narrowed it down to one would put great pressure on him. He might flee, confess, admit he lied for reasons unrelated to the crime, admit he lied to cover some other guilty person. The whole point would be to psych him out into doing something that gives the police more info.

I do not believe polygraph testing works except to psych suspect out. In my view it's maybe a step up in reliability from someone who is good at reading people. They test 21 people and maybe they get a hinky feeling from five (5) of them, but they can't rule out the other 16. Stating that aloud would make the perp more confident. So they say instead the test is leading them straight to the perp.

Is it possible the police did not tell any of the people they tested the results of the polygraph? If the perpetrator was among the 21 tested, saying they'd narrowed it down to one would put great pressure on him. He might flee, confess, admit he lied for reasons unrelated to the crime, admit he lied to cover some other guilty person. The whole point would be to psych him out into doing something that gives the police more info.

I do not believe polygraph testing works except to psych suspect out. In my view it's maybe a step up in reliability from someone who is good at reading people. They test 21 people and maybe they get a hinky feeling from five (5) of them, but they can't rule out the other 16. Stating that aloud would make the perp more confident. So they say instead the test is leading them straight to the perp.

I think it is highly likely that the man who flunked was not told he failed and hoped he would led down his guard and lead the police to the bodies. The police can lie at will when interrogating suspects.

Yes Jennibee, almost too convenient. I've always believed that Suzie or Sherrill knew their abductor/s or they let someone in a police uniform in.
I don't know if the ex boyfriend was savvy enough to pull off "the perfect crime", but I feel he was the conduit to get them to open the door. I feel there were very dangerous and powerful people above the boyfriend who had a lot at stake if Suzie talked.

Chances are that a "Police Uniform" was not used in this crime. That theory is the product of rumor and speculation. Not fact......

In terms of "in and out asap" for most random crimes, why would someone presumably abduct THREE people if he had no known tie to the address or inhabitants? Average random rapist would kill everyone on site and take off no?

He wouldn't. Whoever did this was trusted enough to be allowed in the house. That does not mean he/she intended what was to follow.

I think it is highly likely that the man who flunked was not told he failed and hoped he would led down his guard and lead the police to the bodies. The police can lie at will when interrogating suspects.

A good friend of mine is a Polygrapher and that's not their protocol . They also score on deception and I don't think it was released where "he "scored ?

A good friend of mine is a Polygrapher and that's not their protocol . They also score on deception and I don't think it was released where "he "scored ?

All we have been told is that one of the 21 failed the polygraphed. While the polygrapher would not say, the police have the latitude to say whatever they wish to say according to the United States Supreme Court.

She was going to testify against him the following week, was she going to tell more than just the grave robbing? Drugs and drug dealing?
How bizarre! Was he robbing crypts that were above ground? I can't imagine someone putting forth the effort to dig up a coffin in order to get a tooth filling.

I honestly don't know if they were underground graves or mausoleums, I also don't know what cemetery there in Springfield.

He wouldn't. Whoever did this was trusted enough to be allowed in the house. That does not mean he/she intended what was to follow.
I'm starting to be swayed to the line of reasoning that says they knew their abductor.

If the boyfriend was robbing tombs, maybe he stuffed the women into old crypts.

Ozoner-That's an interesting angle! I wonder if anyone searched mausoleums or looked for disturbed graves.
My theories are fluid but one thing that hasn't changed is I think they knew their attacker. The situation was irregular. A random perp would've had to have watched the house and taken a big chance on who was there-unless the perp/s followed them.

I honestly don't know if they were underground graves or mausoleums, I also don't know what cemetery there in Springfield.

Fairly certain they were above ground mauseleoms. I have never heard of any underground graves. One has spoken to this subject in another forum. As I recall they were tripping out on LSD. So far as I know all have cleaned up their lives.

While few believe they had anything to do with the abductions, the only alibi, that I know of, they had was vouching for one another.

My personal opinion is one person (male) failed the polygraph (21 were tested), as of June 21, 1992, there is a high probability he was informed he had passed. That is my personal opinion only. No evidence supports that opinion.

I hypothesize by doing so he would let his guard down and lead to the discovery of the bodies. However 25 years later there has been no sighting of any remains and no credible report has surfaced to locate the remains.

If I may make a suggestion, refer to Thread #1 and post # 28 for details of one search participant. He also speaks of one major suspect who is likely to remain in prison the remainder of his life.

MissouriMule-Thanks for the tip!!
Does anyone know if it was reported of where Suzie and Stacy planned to meet their friends to go to Branson?

The crypt boys did not do this -- alone, at least. But people do know people; underlings do know higher-ups. Someone was endangered by what someone knew and might testify to, perhaps.

The crypt boys did not do this -- alone, at least. But people do know people; underlings do know higher-ups. Someone was endangered by what someone knew and might testify to, perhaps.

Most criminal enterprises are just MLMs. Not surprising.

I can't say I had seen that advanced before. I had to look that term up in the "urban dictionary." Could you expand on that a bit more? Thx!

This has been going on with public tips & perception for a very long time. I'm glad to finally see it explained in writing. Everyone wants their 15 min of fame at least among their peers.

Added emphasis is mine:

People already prone to fear and paranoia "will be even more stirred up," apt to "dig around" and make up stories to explain mysterious events.

"On some level, we're all trying to make sense of it," she said.
Jones, the Evangel psychologist, concurred.

"When you're creating a memory and you don't have all the details, you do memory reconstruction," he said. People add details where none exist.

"You start to create something that might not be accurate because every human being needs closure," he said.

"The longer it goes on, the more weird it may become, because the traditional explanations don't work, yet we still want something to explain it."

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...en-case-impact-springfields-psyche/102117002/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper