Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you look out of the window to see who made the noise (the blind was parted, suggesting this happened), and the person you see out there was somebody that you know and trust.

I think they did open the door, either because they saw somebody they trusted out there or they simply waited a while after the noise and thought the person had gone. I think the more likely scenario is that they felt safe because they knew the person.

That's the wrong window to look out though

And if a person is known there's no reason to make a fake noise by breaking things. Just tap on Susie's window .

It needs to be clarified (because I thought this at first too, that the blinds that open to the front were parted) but it was Suzie's blinds, and her room was in the back. So the front entrance isn't visible from the parted blinds.

That's why I am curious about the "alley "driveway next to the fence....looks like the fence was only used as a "buffer" not to enclose backyard. Could someone come from backyard and come around house to front?

I wonder if the broken globe could be a "red herring" of some sort, to throw investigators off. A broken globe would lead more to an unknown intruder/intruders. I still can't help but feel the person/persons responsible were known to at least one of the victims.

The post about the alley is a great one. Where I live now, there are no alleys. But when we lived in Missouri they were everywhere. When sneaking out at night, lots of times my cohorts would park in the alley so as not to be observed by my parents whose bedroom faced the Main Street. A vehicle could be parked there and less likely to be seen. Wonder if the women could have been herded out the back instead of the front. Wonder if the back yard and alley were searched.

The post about the alley is a great one. Where I live now, there are no alleys. But when we lived in Missouri they were everywhere. When sneaking out at night, lots of times my cohorts would park in the alley so as not to be observed by my parents whose bedroom faced the Main Street. A vehicle could be parked there and less likely to be seen. Wonder if the women could have been herded out the back instead of the front. Wonder if the back yard and alley were searched.

Searched would be an understatement. It looked like the biggest crime scene you could imagine after this got legs. When I would drive by in the first few days after this story started blowing up, there were people up and down the entire block.searching every possible place... dozens around the clock. I even went all around that neighborhood myself.

There's a couple great places to hide your car around that house.. across the street, or just East of the house around the fence. Both are parking lots that would have made a great place to just hang out and wait.. kind of secluded and easy to sit without drawing attention. There wasn't any way to sneak them out the back. It was all fenced in around the neighbors/business.

It was . Because JK testified they cleaned up the mess THEN entered . Which could suggest the broom May have Been on the porch already . IF that was the case it's plausible the globe had Nothing to do with the abductions all at .

Example :
Girls get home and light is burned out . They attempt to change it and drops globe . ( remember stu stories about " spacey Stacey ?). Decide to clean up in the morning . Leave broken glass and broom out .

This is all speculating, but so are the other theories .

I get ppl focusing on globe since all other possible physical evidence was destroyed by 10-18 people . But may end up being a red herring .

Because unless gloves were worn there should have been touch DNA present if not prints. We've all replaced these deals and you have to hold it to loosen the three set screws that retain the globe .

I've always figured Mike just looked in the garage right there to grab a broom. Seems almost certain there would be one in there with an open garage setup. I would think it would have been reported if it was on the porch, but can't confirm for certain.

I think those globes come out pretty easy.. usually 1 screw and then you tilt.. 2 tops. ( the actual light: http://i.imgur.com/vQpFAK6.jpg ) Be pretty easy to take one out and wipe away prints. DNA was pretty worthless back when this crime happened. Would have been nice for them to have kept that and done more DNA work today. Who knows. .maybe they tried? Maybe too many people messed up that part of the crime scene too though.

I do agree though.. It could be nothing more than a red herring. Certainly can't rule that possibility out... but I don't personally think there's anything there. Nothing to gain by smashing a globe. Too much work at a time when you can't allow yourself to be distracted.

I've always figured Mike just looked in the garage right there to grab a broom. Seems almost certain there would be one in there with an open garage setup. I would think it would have been reported if it was on the porch, but can't confirm for certain.

I think those globes come out pretty easy.. usually 1 screw and then you tilt.. 2 tops. ( the actual light: http://i.imgur.com/vQpFAK6.jpg ) Be pretty easy to take one out and wipe away prints. DNA was pretty worthless back when this crime happened. Would have been nice for them to have kept that and done more DNA work today. Who knows. .maybe they tried? Maybe too many people messed up that part of the crime scene too though.

I do agree though.. It could be nothing more than a red herring. Certainly can't rule that possibility out... but I don't personally think there's anything there. Nothing to gain by smashing a globe. Too much work at a time when you can't allow yourself to be distracted.

Thanks have just never heard anyone address that .

Did you happen to save News - Leader articles over the years in regards to the case ? They haven't been available on line for some time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks have just never heard anyone address that .
Did you happen to save News - Leader articles over the years in regards to the case ? They haven't been available on line for some time

I don't. I mentioned a female friend a few posts back who was also a friend of Stacy's (same graduating class) and she has quite the collection. The last time I sat and went through them all was probably 10 years ago.. She moved to KC and I still live here in Springfield. I do wish I had collected them myself but then again, I probably obsess over this case enough. :)

I don't. I mentioned a female friend a few posts back who was also a friend of Stacy's (same graduating class) and she has quite the collection. The last time I sat and went through them all was probably 10 years ago.. She moved to KC and I still live here in Springfield. I do wish I had collected them myself but then again, I probably obsess over this case enough. :)
Same here on the obsession with this case. LoL
I'm from Springfield (born and raised) then after graduating HS I moved north to K.C. Go Royals!

Do you happen to know if any of them worked Friday and/or Saturday (morning)? I think Susie worked at a movie theater and Stacy modeled wedding gowns and also worked at a health club. I'm just wondering because both women worked with the public.

I've found a very interesting post on FB and need to turn your direction to some conversations on a public page from a book. Just go there (FB) and look for the following book page which is public "Urges A Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry DeWayne Hall." On the page scroll down to the picture of a scary van. Then read the comments. Then go back up to the beginning and read the entire page. I think this basically settles the case. They have an eye witness who was taken lightly and she had specific observational knowledge of who was there at the scene. She specifically says it was Gary Hall driving the van, not Larry DeWayne Hall. We might all know of their travels together. If not just google him and start reading blogs, specifically the one regarding an interview with the author.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

First, thanks so much wolfdogg for all your local info and insight. It's great hearing details from someone who was around at the time.

This post got me thinking (and apologies if this has already been surmised in an earlier thread, and even more apologies for going down this route of speculation because how the globe broke isn't going to be a key in solving this imo)- what if the intruder at an earlier time, maybe during the day before, took off the globe and unscrewed the light so that the front would be dark when nightfall came? After he'd loaded the women into the vehicle he remembered that his prints were on the bulb from earlier when he wasn't wearing gloves, and he knocked the globe down while wiping it clean? Depending on how far he was into cleaning it I guess it would be possible he left some prints or dna on the glass, but unlikely they could recover anything. At that point imo he would have still wiped down the lightbulb itself and possibly tightened it again.

First, thanks so much wolfdogg for all your local info and insight. It's great hearing details from someone who was around at the time.

This post got me thinking (and apologies if this has already been surmised in an earlier thread, and even more apologies for going down this route of speculation because how the globe broke isn't going to be a key in solving this imo)- what if the intruder at an earlier time, maybe during the day before, took off the globe and unscrewed the light so that the front would be dark when nightfall came? After he'd loaded the women into the vehicle he remembered that his prints were on the bulb from earlier when he wasn't wearing gloves, and he knocked the globe down while wiping it clean? Depending on how far he was into cleaning it I guess it would be possible he left some prints or dna on the glass, but unlikely they could recover anything. At that point imo he would have still wiped down the lightbulb itself and possibly tightened it again.

Check this out from my post above. Before I didn't have screen shots.

2a443dde16092984695d22dfcd9d8f5d.jpg

3d4c167dc5ea13c40c98053ad35077b0.jpg

Where is this from ?

It's from a public page on FB titled "Urges The Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry DeWayne Hall." It's a book page. The author posted multiple topics and then people familiar with his cases comment. The book specifically states the accomplices. Some are mentioned in the comments and there's a Q&A with author here as well. There are other sites mentioning his detailed history as well as a study by Radford University Research Grad Students. Check YouTube as well. There's also a documentary done by ID channel titled "Evil Twin." Good Luck;)

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=174

The only affirmative link to Hall , is the van sightings , which SPD has said are not reliable / creditable .

While I wouldn't dismiss someone in town during busy graduations seeing them driving home it doesn't explain why 3 are missing and never found if Assault was the intent .

It always circles back to the kidnappers being known to at least one of the 3MW.

The only affirmative link to Hall , is the van sightings , which SPD has said are not reliable / creditable .

While I wouldn't dismiss someone in town during busy graduations seeing them driving home it doesn't explain why 3 are missing and never found if Assault was the intent .

It always circles back to the kidnappers being known to at least one of the 3MW.

I understand your reluctance to believe. What in the abduction comes back to someone who knew them? Curious - not being mean or anything. I listened to a couple podcasts on it, but can't remember anything with family - maybe the brother but he was ruled out. Larry and Co were in town for Civil War reenactments. That's been the calling card for a lot of his potential victims. Their MO was sexual, then strangulation via rope and tree and then he'd toss in a rural field or bury his victims and not in that order. I guess he said Mark Twain forest is where he buried them. Idk, no ones solved it yet. I mean if this person made this call early on, right after the abduction it's hard to believe it's not true considering they hadn't seen a van like it until the author posted pics of it. The police simply discounted her eye witness statement, but then it appears years later she may have actually seen this van there. Idk, unless she's lying about the split windshield? Maybe I'll reach out to her via FB and see if that's a possibility. I wonder if police had her statement in records and can look it up? I would be curious. Maybe I'll send them a screen shot and ask? What does the family have to loose at this point? I mean, maybe some closure would be nice.

Thanks for the thoughts, appreciate that people are still trying. Someone needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member