Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While both the stolen van and the other “sightings” of the van were both Dodge vans, they were very different in appearance. Google “Dodge A108” (porch lady van) and “1979 Dodge van” (stolen van) images and see how different they look.

Actually the second stolen van might have been newer than 1979, but still very different than the A108 van.
Good Post!!! Very good detail!!! :)

As I said earlier I had a subscription to archives of old newspapers from that era, I happened onto a rather complete account of the clerk’s accounting of Sherrill that night. In the one account she was said to be accompanied with a man in his 30’s with long stringy hair and a mustache. In another account it said they were in a larger vehicle like an Oldsmobile Cutless and yet another in her known Mitsubishi Eclipse. This took place at about 2:15 AM, which would be about the same time that Suzie and Stacy were about to leave Battlefield.

Evidently the clerk was a long time employee and knew the women from numerous encounters. I remain ambivalent.

My personnel opinion is that the account is somewhat unclear although others believe it is very solid. The name of the clerk and the station are stated in the News Leader in the issue if June 19, 1992.

I can if necessary to get the precise quotes in accordance with the rules here. I’m not entirely certain at this point what is acceptable.

On another matter, one source in and in an earlier edition someone, not clearly who, stated that surely a gun must have been used since they wouldn’t have gone voluntarily. That was obviously an opinion and could not be said as proven fact.

There are about 500 pages of material to be found about this case in the archived material. I’m going date by date and it is somewhat unwieldy as opposed to being able to read the actual newspaper or microfilm.

As I said earlier I had a subscription to archives of old newspapers from that era, I happened onto a rather complete account of the clerk’s accounting of Sherrill that night. In the one account she was said to be accompanied with a man in his 30’s with long stringy hair and a mustache. In another account it said they were in a larger vehicle like an Oldsmobile Cutless and yet another in her known Mitsubishi Eclipse. This took place at about 2:15 AM, which would be about the same time that Suzie and Stacy were about to leave Battlefield.

Evidently the clerk was a long time employee and knew the women from numerous encounters. I remain ambivalent.

My personnel opinion is that the account is somewhat unclear although others believe it is very solid. The name of the clerk and the station are stated in the News Leader in the issue if June 19, 1992.

I can if necessary to get the precise quotes in accordance with the rules here. I’m not entirely certain at this point what is acceptable.

On another matter, one source in and in an earlier edition someone, not clearly who, stated that surely a gun must have been used since they wouldn’t have gone voluntarily. That was obviously an opinion and could not be said as proven fact.

There are about 500 pages of material to be found about this case in the archived material. I’m going date by date and it is somewhat unwieldy as opposed to being able to read the actual newspaper or microfilm.

Can you link the article.

That is a paid subscription. I don’t believe I could do that. I did provide the date of the issue, however. If you have access to the actual newspaper I would look there. You might look at your local library. I obtained the subscription to track my ancestors.
I'm pretty sure the Apco mart clerk was on 48 hours and he's mentioned in other articles. I wondered if the one you read offered something different. I think that sighting should have been taken more seriously. I believe one witness said it wasn't Sherrill because of the hair length. Hair can look different depending on how it is done or maybe not done. The way someone looks in the middle of the night if they have just gotten out of bed is not how they would look normally.

I'm pretty sure the Apco mart clerk was on 48 hours and he's mentioned in other articles. I wondered if the one you read offered something different. I think that sighting should have been taken more seriously. I believe one witness said it wasn't Sherrill because of the hair length. Hair can look different depending on how it is done or maybe not done. The way someone looks in the middle of the night if they have just gotten out of bed is not how they would look normally.
I think you're right about that.

While both the stolen van and the other “sightings” of the van were both Dodge vans, they were very different in appearance. Google “Dodge A108” (porch lady van) and “1979 Dodge van” (stolen van) images and see how different they look.

Actually the second stolen van might have been newer than 1979, but still very different than the A108 van.

Although I do think the front porch lady saw/heard something. I also think her description of the van was probably very inaccurate.

The clerk could have been wrong but it seemed like something that shouldn't have been dismissed based on hair.

Exactly. The Apco clerk was a few feet away from "Sherrill". The person who said it was not "Sherrill" due to hair length was yards away at another convenience 'across the street'. Once again..."48 Hours"...they were on the case a few days after the women disappeared, this video referenced the original footage.
44:30

I watch a lot of old movies and watched one last night “Strangers on a train.” The premise was that two guys met on a train and one concocted a scheme to kill their respective enemies. The thinking was that there would be no motive that would connect either to their victims,

I got to thinking if one could apply that to this case. Some people were shooting the breeze complaining about their problems and one says that he could take care of the other problems and there would be no way to connect to him.

It is a fact that a certain suspect who has a very good alibi hasn’t spoken about this case in 26 years. I don’t believe there are any interviews or videos available to my knowledge. Someone who has worked this case said he had to undergo psychological counseling to deal with what happened.

This would be in keeping with the profiling originally provided to the media. Take a suspect fearing the gray bar hotel and a psychopath who could kill without a conscience could do this and there is nothing to connect them.

I don’t know this is what happened but since the case is dead in the water, why not think outside the box?

That 48 hours episode releases a lot of info and goes by the one detective's ideas. I thought there was a waitress who supposedly saw all three women at the diner and they were talking to someone in a cowboy hat. I can't remember if they said he was with friends. I've noticed articles have conflicting accounts and it's sometimes just small details like times. I wonder if some of this stuff is getting mixed up or misquoted. It would be cool if they re-interviewed witnesses like the waitress and the Apco clerk. Checked into the cars and who saw them. I'm distrustful of hypnosis, but everyone who saw a van should be asked about it.

I watch a lot of old movies and watched one last night “Strangers on a train.” The premise was that two guys met on a train and one concocted a scheme to kill their respective enemies. The thinking was that there would be no motive that would connect either to their victims,

I got to thinking if one could apply that to this case. Some people were shooting the breeze complaining about their problems and one says that he could take care of the other problems and there would be no way to connect to him.

It is a fact that a certain suspect who has a very good alibi hasn’t spoken about this case in 26 years. I don’t believe there are any interviews or videos available to my knowledge. Someone who has worked this case said he had to undergo psychological counseling to deal with what happened.

This would be in keeping with the profiling originally provided to the media. Take a suspect fearing the gray bar hotel and a psychopath who could kill without a conscience could do this and there is nothing to connect them.

I don’t know this is what happened but since the case is dead in the water, why not think outside the box?
who are you talking about.

It was an analogy. Who had the most pressing need with the upcoming trial that would be plastered all over the front pages? With the women gone all the emphasis was on finding the women not on the sensational trial about grave robbing.

It is merely a theory that to my knowledge has not been explored previously.

To murder these women took a cold blooded killer or killers without remorse. That is obvious.

It was an analogy. Who had the most pressing need with the upcoming trial that would be plastered all over the front pages? With the women gone all the emphasis was on finding the women not on the sensational trial about grave robbing.

To murder these women took a cold blooded killer or killers without remorse. That is obvious.
What about the Francis Robb Sr. trial that was scheduled to start on June 1st, 1992? Considering the fact that police searched the Robb's farm, and Steve Garrison as stated by Rusty Schaffer, was friends with Tim Robb, and Dusty Recla knew Steve Garrison. May be it wasn't the Grave Robbers trial that was the primary catalyst. Something to think about.

From Casenet Missouri: Ref. Francis Robb Sr. 1st Degree Murder Trial: BY AGREEMENT COURT MEETS IN DALLAS CO WITH PA CHEEVER AND DEFENSE ATTYS MCKERROW AND YOUNG. STIPULATION FOR CHG OF VENUE TO BENTON CO FILED. CAUSE ORDERED TRANS- FERRED TO BENTON CO FOR TRIAL. COURT SUGGESTS MARCH 23, FOR TRIAL. DEFT REQUEST LASTER DATE. CASE SET FOR TRIAL FOR 2 WEEKS BEGIN 9AM JUNE 1, 1992. COURT SETS 4/2/92 AT 10AM TO HEAR MOTIONS. DEFT COUNSEL ADVISED OF CRT RULE ON WITHDRAWAL OF COUNSEL. DEFT ORDERED TRANSFERRED TO BENTON CO SHERIFF'S CUSTODY.CH;

What about the Francis Robb Sr. trial that was scheduled to start on June 1st, 1992? Considering the fact that police searched the Robb's farm, and Steve Garrison as stated by Rusty Schaffer, was friends with Tim Robb, and Dusty Recla knew Steve Garrison. May be it wasn't the Grave Robbers trial that was the primary catalyst. Something to think about.

From Casenet Missouri: Ref. Francis Robb Sr. 1st Degree Murder Trial: BY AGREEMENT COURT MEETS IN DALLAS CO WITH PA CHEEVER AND DEFENSE ATTYS MCKERROW AND YOUNG. STIPULATION FOR CHG OF VENUE TO BENTON CO FILED. CAUSE ORDERED TRANS- FERRED TO BENTON CO FOR TRIAL. COURT SUGGESTS MARCH 23, FOR TRIAL. DEFT REQUEST LASTER DATE. CASE SET FOR TRIAL FOR 2 WEEKS BEGIN 9AM JUNE 1, 1992. COURT SETS 4/2/92 AT 10AM TO HEAR MOTIONS. DEFT COUNSEL ADVISED OF CRT RULE ON WITHDRAWAL OF COUNSEL. DEFT ORDERED TRANSFERRED TO BENTON CO SHERIFF'S CUSTODY.CH;

It is plausible there is a connection.

if you wont commit to naming who you are talking about then maybe you shouldn't.
are you referring to recla and co???

if so….this theory has been brought to the table many many many times.
most posters here take it very seriously.
the only poster over time who hasn't been onboard with it IIRC is you MM?

but please clarify who you are referring to so to avoid confusion.

It is plausible there is a connection.
Well there's clearly a connection that goes from Suzie knowing Recla, who knew Garrison, who knew Tim Robb, who was related to Francis Robb Sr. who had his farm searched as part of the investigation into the Springfield Three, that was initiated by information that Garrison gave police. I'd say that is a pretty solid connection wouldn't you?

Well there's clearly a connection that goes from Suzie knowing Recla, who knew Garrison, who knew Tim Robb, who was related to Francis Robb Sr. who had his farm searched as part of the investigation into the Springfield Three, that was initiated by information that Garrison gave police. I'd say that is a pretty solid connection wouldn't you?

Are people so connected in this case that it's basically the opposite of strangers on a train. Still as confusing, because everyone is connected even if it's a degree or two separation.

I've often
Are people so connected in this case that it's basically the opposite of strangers on a train. Still as confusing, because everyone is connected even if it's a degree or two separation.
wondered if this is why the McCall family named their website, "One Missing Link", because possibly a lot of the links are known, but are missing the small link required to bring charges against a person or persons. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog