Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't remember which song from the 70s that said 'murder in my heart for the judge'....but right now I'm feeling murder in my heart for that one juror.

When the camera panned over to Janet's side of the courtroom before, after the judge said they were still hung and before the jury came back in, it appeared that the entire group was in prayer. Very touching.

I did see that, deep love for Janet. No iflookscouldkill eyes. All love.

If I were the lone hold out I swear I think I'd give in this go around. Whoever it is must either be uneducated or has a strong something....I don't know what word works here. Strong convictions, strong morals, strong sense of justice, strong something to not have changed his mind before now. I am not appreciative of whatever it is at this moment in time though.

WRAL doesn't have tweets on the live stream page but they do have a twitter page:

https://twitter.com/wral

Like I said earlier, Amanda Lamm of WRAL is usually the person who covers these cases for that station. I'm surprised she has been absent for this one. She has written several books about the various murders in the Raleigh area in the past few years. Some like her books, others do not. I have never read one since I have watched the trials so I don't have an opinion about her writings.

When the camera panned over to Janet's side of the courtroom before, after the judge said they were still hung and before the jury came back in, it appeared that the entire group was in prayer. Very touching.

Yes, they did and it made me realize instead of freaking out and showing my hatred of RA, I need to be praying myself and asking God to please, please hear all the prayers being prayed for Janet.

You know, they really haven't been deliberating but for what, maybe 8 hours or so? That's not very long compared to many murder trials. Sometimes deliberations take almost as long as the actual trial. The one holdout will surprise me if they come back unanimous the next time--I think that juror is absolutely stuck. I hope I'm wrong.

Yes, they did and it made me realize instead of freaking out and showing my hatred of RA, I need to be praying myself and asking God to please, please hear all the prayers being prayed for Janet.

I was praying so hard during the lunch break that I began crying when I got to Janet's mom in my prayer. It just hurts me so badly for her, heck, I'm streaming again. I just can't imagine having a child murdered by someone she once loved. I nearly lost a child in an auto accident, within a breath, and that was difficult enough. Murder is so unnecessary....these men don't want to pay child support so they think murder is the best way.
I'm finished with my rant and will go back to my tearful prayer.

I hope the judge will have them go home for the weekend, maybe a couple days away from it and time to think privately will help the juror know one way or the other if their mind will change.

Has to be a very uncomfortable position for that juror to be in, I've often wondered how I'd handle such a situation myself (as jury summons fly fast and freely down here in the land of suits), I'm incredibly stubborn as most Taureans are but I'd also feel terrible that I was the only one who viewed the evidence as I did.

They are conspiring to make me loose what little of my mind is left.

ON AGAIN!! Lord - they are showing the empty juror chairs.

You know, they really haven't been deliberating but for what, maybe 8 hours or so? That's not very long compared to many murder trials. Sometimes deliberations take almost as long as the actual trial. The one holdout will surprise me if they come back unanimous the next time--I think that juror is absolutely stuck. I hope I'm wrong.

NC do you think that one juror is having trouble, assuming it's 11-1 for conviction of course, with the LWP? I'm starting to wonder if Second Degree were an option, would a guilty vote would be easier for him/her?

I have had a bad headache all day. It's going into a migraine and I just took my second pain pill in the past 90 minutes. All I can think about is Janet's mother. A mother's love is something that is so sacred and pure. Except for in the case of RA and that family. I just feel so much pain for Janet's mom. I am praying for strength and peace for her, I am amazed at the strength she has shown so far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom
Back