Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They still don't have a verdict. Are going to lunch until 2:30. Dang.

What?? What?? What??

the judge asked the foreman how much time they needed for lunch and he said 90 minutes. So the judge told them he would see them back at 2:30....meaning they still do not have a verdict.

Where is their sense of urgency? Can't they deliberate while they eat lunch? Who needs *90* min for lunch???

Is it my puter, or is WS being weird?

Where is their sense of urgency? Can't they deliberate while they eat lunch? Who needs *90* min for lunch???

Is it my puter, or is WS being weird?

We've had a bunch of guests and new folks on here since the hung jury was announced. That may be slowing things on WS down a bit.

Edited to add: new folks who are just reading and not participating in the discussion, didn't see them on here during the trial.

Are you buffering on both tv channels?
I have WRAL up - I can't get any feed on ABC. Usually ABC doesn't buffer as much, but the audio is better on WRAL. So I keep them both up - watching the pix on ABC, but muted - listening to the audio of WRAL.

I see now, I just needed to refresh ABC.

90 min must seem an eternity for Janet's family. I gotta go fastwalk to calm down. I'll be a praying just as fast as I walk. BBL

I'm gonna chime in because I watch a lot of these things. And I commented frequently on a few of them.

By this point, even though it seems like a short period of time, there can be a number of things (that other juries have described going on in the jury room) that cause them to want to have a break (possibly from each other or at least from staring at the evidence and deliberating) because of the vote being so close. One person is an interesting number to sway. It can feel like ganging up on them.

I keep wondering what it must be like in there. (This one I would question the length of time brought to arrest with little or no additional evidence really and I already question the credibility of the Durham Pros. office anyways) Ironically, I felt like this was the surest case of the three recent televised domestic violence murder trials in this area. The Cooper case, I was wholly unsatisfied with what I saw and the outcome. I had assumed that Jason Young had an accomplice and/or had convinced someone else to do it. I didn't feel that at any point in time with this case. I felt like this one was open and shut. It would be weird to see the little bird get off.

We've had a bunch of guests and new folks on here since the hung jury was announced. That may be slowing things on WS down a bit.

Edited to add: new folks who are just reading and not participating in the discussion, didn't see them on here during the trial.

If I were a juror, I would certainly rather order a eat in lunch and deliberate during the course of those 90 minutes. I suppose they think the day is already half over so they may as well make the best of it. I would be eating with one foot out the door, on go, to get this thing finished up.

I'm gonna chime in because I watch a lot of these things. And I commented frequently on a few of them.

By this point, even though it seems like a short period of time, there can be a number of things (that other juries have described going on in the jury room) that cause them to want to have a break (possibly from each other or at least from staring at the evidence and deliberating) because of the vote being so close. One person is an interesting number to sway. It can feel like ganging up on them.

I keep wondering what it must be like in there. (This one I would question the length of time brought to arrest with little or no additional evidence really and I already question the credibility of the Durham Pros. office anyways) Ironically, I felt like this was the surest case of the three recent televised domestic violence murder trials in this area. The Cooper case, I was wholly unsatisfied with what I saw and the outcome. I had assumed that Jason Young had an accomplice and/or had convinced someone else to do it. I didn't feel that at any point in time with this case. I felt like this one was open and shut. It would be weird to see the little bird get off.

As you already know John, I respect and value your opinions. I wish you could have joined us daily on this one. You're right about the lunch break--I didn't think in terms of the jurors needing to get out and away. I am being totally one sided in my wanting a guilty verdict to the extent that nothing else seems to matter. I can imagine the one holdout is feeling a push from the other jurors. I just hope he is a not guilty hold out and there is some piece of evidence the others can offer up to bring him around. RA is guilty, even if he's found not guilty in this trial.

I could see the fear on Janet's mom's face when they showed her....after announcing the jury was hung. I can't imagine the pain she is feeling.

I feel for Janet's family..it must be pure hell for them.

Very extremely stressed out today.

Whether or not Raven is found guilty, he killed Janet IMO.

Don't know which way it is 11-1 G or 11-1 NG.

If it's a hung jury the case will be retried, imho

Hard to concentrate on anything today, but as stressed as the family may come off, there is faith that Justice will be served in the afterlife. I definitely pray there will be Justice on this earth.

Very extremely stressed out today.

Whether or not Raven is found guilty, he killed Janet IMO.

Don't know which way it is 11-1 G or 11-1 NG.

If it's a hung jury the case will be retried, imho

Hard to concentrate on anything today, but as stressed as the family may come off, there is faith that Justice will be served in the afterlife. I definitely pray there will be Justice on this earth.

Are you at work today or with us live?
I agree with everything you said. Still praying.

if 11 jurors vote for guilty and one hangs then state knows it has the evidence and hopefully second time round they get 12 jurors not 11 who vote guilty

I am hoping though that the 11 can still persuade the one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321
Back