MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that caught defense trying to put out there that one of the Hart's, jr or SR was a sex offender?

I wish the Judge had asked the defense how long they think they are going to need? I think it's going to be very short.

I wish the Judge had asked the defense how long they think they are going to need? I think it's going to be very short.

Who does the defense have for witnesses, if any?

Do they even need a jury now?

What would be insane, after hearing this from the judge, (that everyone things was slanted to the D), then the jury come back and let him off.
I don't want to even think about it.

I believe the judge has to lay out for the record his reasoning for denial of the directed verdict in case of appeal. He needs to have the record reflect why it was denied and what he deemed as the evidence laid out that supported the case going to the jury for a verdict. JMO

Me too. I've been refreshing the moment one starts to play.

It's a good thing that most of us have more than one electronic device to go to when we get frustrated. I use Mozilla and I was able to mute that one tab at the Top Tab portion. And tapatalk on phone. I think it must be the future and new this week ?

Am I the only one that caught defense trying to put out there that one of the Hart's, jr or SR was a sex offender?

He started that from the very beginning, intimating that LE didn't investigate others. We know they did and all roads point to the Moorer's.

Judge says she didn't get taken by a stranger, it was someone she knew. And that leads to him - Judges words... just wow!

This kind of makes me nervous because I don't think I've ever heard a judge speculate like that, seems like it could be grounds for an appeal down the road. What do you guys think?

ETA: Never mind this question if the jury wasn't present.

The judge was just laying out the reasons he thinks the state met their requirements for a circumstantial case.

I'm not sure what you mean. The requirements to arrest them and take them to trial based on the circumstantial case were decided early on. Whether or not the state met its burden of proof is for a jury to decide.

This kind of makes me nervous because I don't think I've ever heard a judge speculate like that, seems like it could be grounds for an appeal down the road. What do you guys think?

ETA: Never mind this question if the jury wasn't present.

Jury wasn't there.

I was just picturing: TM and mama, home watching the trial. They have already heard the nanny plan (I would bet SM had never shared that with T before) and now, if there is a brain in eithers head, they know SM should be going to jail, hopefully by the end of the week. AND his defense keeps shining the light on her guilt.
If SM has a brain, he isn't going to the family compound tonight. He better hide out in a cheap MB motel.

Y'all, how late have these days been running?

I'm not sure what you mean. The requirements to arrest them and take them to trial based on the circumstantial case were decided early on. Whether or not the state met its burden of proof is for a jury to decide.

Not totally true. The defense will typically ask for charges to be dismissed, before they call their witnesses, based on that the state didn't provide the evidence necessary to convict on the charges. The judge can give a directed verdict when this happens, and yes it does happen. Obviously didn't happen in this case though.

ETA: Evidence to go to trial and evidence to convict are two different things. Think of the grand jury ham sandwich analogy.

Who locks their car but doesn't lock their home? The condition of that car, nobody was going to steal it.

I was a 20 year old with a messy car. Now, my cars are spotless.
She didn't have the chance to grow out of her messy car, because she never got a chance to have little ones in the backseat who need neatness and order, and that infuriates me. (Heather's murder, not your comment, of course). Jmo

I was a 20 year old with a messy car. Now, my cars are spotless.
She didn't have the chance to grow out of her messy car, because she never got a chance to have little ones in the backseat who need neatness and order, and that infuriates me. (Heather's murder, not your comment, of course). Jmo

I'm not sure having little ones changes you into someone who keeps a neat car lol! Not me when my kids were little! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield