MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see SM begging TM to let him plea and her saying "no way". I almost wish they had tried her first, she needs to be the one with the heat on, imo

If not but for TM, I do not see this crime ever happening.....too bad SM was like Mr. Roper from Three's Company....can I use his last name like that instead of initials SR for Stanley Roper? He had no huevos when standing up to his wife.

I don't see SM taking a plea. In order for SM to turn on TM, he'd have to be willing to leave his children with neither parent, and by leaving it to "chance" there is at least the possibility of them having one parent. Of course this is assuming he cares about his children, and I don't know if he does. I think it's going to be tough to pin this on TM because she did a pretty good job of staying out the picture (literally) and just mouthed off after the fact. I don't think her trial will be anything close to a slam dunk.

I hope Sid is enjoying walking freely in and out of the courtroom. That may not last much longer.

..before he denied the motion by the defense, the Judge also said something about there being enough circumstantial evidence for a civil trial. in the event he gets off, there would be that to look fwd to.

:loveyou: I missed that. Thanks!!

If not but for TM, I do not see this crime ever happening.....too bad SM was like Mr. Roper from Three's Company....can I use his last name like that instead of initials SR for Stanley Roper? He had no huevos when standing up to his wife.

Do you think she was the mastermind behind it?

..before he denied the motion by the defense, the Judge also said something about there being enough circumstantial evidence for a civil trial. in the event he gets off, there would be that to look fwd to.

Think the Elvis family will file a wrongful death suit?

I don't see SM taking a plea. In order for SM to turn on TM, he'd have to be willing to leave his children with neither parent, and by leaving it to "chance" there is at least the possibility of them having one parent. Of course this is assuming he cares about his children, and I don't know if he does. I think it's going to be tough to pin this on TM because she did a pretty good job of staying out the picture (literally) and just mouthed off after the fact. I don't think her trial will be anything close to a slam dunk.

I normally agree with you but there are text messages from TM to HE (clearly insinuates that it's TM on the other end) that are threats to HE as well as the multiple calls and texts that were on her phone records and stated by witnesses that TM was harassing HE. I think honestly that there is more to convict TM at this very moment than there is to convict SM and he is dummy on camera at WM and the payphone who gave an interview to the media during his trial.

JMO I still love ya though TTF14 :blowkiss:

Do you think she was the mastermind behind it?

I think she was the vehicle and the gas in the tank, not sure I would call her a mastermind, I think she is an idiot who got lucky the body has not been found.

I can see SM begging TM to let him plea and her saying "no way". I almost wish they had tried her first, she needs to be the one with the heat on, imo

I can't. Sidney is a lying liar who lies. He lies to everyone. No way this guy even has a conscience he needs to clear. He's out for himself and that was made quite clear in the things presented in this trial. He's a kidnapper and a murderer, same as his wife. Both are in it up to their necks. Neither will ever admit it.

I hope Sid is enjoying walking freely in and out of the courtroom. That may not last much longer.
Oh, not me. I hope his blood is boiling, his ears are on fire, and his heart is in his throat.

A couple of things that I may have missed...

If I saw/heard/understood correctly, the State entered into evidence what looked to be an envelope related to the console in SMs truck. Was that ever shown?

Also, was any video shown of Heather's vehicle driving to the landing? I know they had evidence of her phone traveling there, but I don't recall video.

I think she was the vehicle and the gas in the tank, not sure I would call her a mastermind, I think she is an idiot who got lucky the body has not been found.
BBM: Agreed.

Think the Elvis family will file a wrongful death suit?

I don't think they will want to go through it but maybe TM will stop taunting and harassing them on SM with the threat of a civil suit out there.

This morning's update on Bri:

Brianna Warrelmann is a former roommate of Heather Elvis. Warrelman became emotional during her testimony and told the court that Heather called her crying hysterically and told her that Sidney called her and claimed he left his wife and wanted to be with her. Warrelman said Elvis also said that she had gone out with another guy and was supposed to see him (Steven) the next day.

Warrelman told defense attorney Kirk Truslow during cross examination that Tammy Moorer sent more than 90 threatening text messages and phone calls prior to her disappearance. She also said Tammy Moorer sent Heather text images of she and Sidney having sex.

Judge Markley Dennis became visibly angry when the State and defense argued whether or not to play previously recorded statements from Warrelman during police interviews.

The State rested its case just after 12:30 p.m. and the defense followed with a request for the judge to issue a directive verdict.

After a lengthy discussion, the judge denied the motion for a directive verdict and the jury will get to decide.

http://wbtw.com/2016/06/22/moorer-t...us-ride-to-see-surveillance-camera-locations/

Nope, we won't. We will be left with this convoluted story.

That is all too typical in cases where there's no eye witness, no confession, and no forensics or a 'blood trail.' In this case we know enough to reasonably ascertain that Heather was 'lured' out, she was lured out by SM through 1 or more phone calls, and she left and has never been seen again. it may seem convoluted but it looks simple to me. She was indeed lured out to her eventual demise.

I normally agree with you but there are text messages from TM to HE (clearly insinuates that it's TM on the other end) that are threats to HE as well as the multiple calls and texts that were on her phone records and stated by witnesses that TM was harassing HE. I think honestly that there is more to convict TM at this very moment than there is to convict SM and he is dummy on camera at WM and the payphone who gave an interview to the media during his trial.

JMO I still love ya though TTF14 :blowkiss:

I love you too, but also disagree :). Harassing and making somewhat vague threats behind the "safety" of a telephone doesn't put her in that truck that night. A witness testified today she never drove it, and just because SM said she was in it at Walmart doesn't make it so (and I totally think he was lying and that she wasn't in the truck).

I've been a jilted spouse and I'm not proud of things I've texted to the other woman and would be super embarrassed to have them displayed in court. It's not uncommon to be that angry and full of rage when infidelity is concerned. I never made threats of violence, but I did threaten to expose certain things to others they would not have wanted exposed.

I absolutely think she was involved on some level and at some point, but I think they're going to have to have more evidence than cell phone calls and texts to convict because nothing actually puts her at the scene. Maybe all of her rantings will show inconsistencies, etc. that will be enough to convict. I wonder if they will put a lesser charge on the table in case the jury won't be able to convict her of actual kidnapping.

At this point, after learning about the Walmart video/pregnancy test, I'm willing to entertain the notion that TM was not there at all and was just pulling the strings at home before and after.

Bri was there the night it all started (SM HE relationship) they had tickets to a baseball game so HE drove her back to TK to get her car. The 2 of them sat on the back deck eating fries, SM was there working and it was the 1st time HE mentioned him. "I want to jump his bones" Says SM came to talk to HE and they stated past close of TK and then into the parking lot by his white truck talking. Says relationship lasted all Summer (2013) Says it was more than friendship. Says that BOTH of them cared about each other. Says SM would come to see HE when he wasn't working. Snacks, food, money, coffee. Says HE was obsessed with Starbucks. Says the relationship developed into a sexual relationship. Says it ended when SM wife found out. Harassing phone calls, texts, photos being sent (sexual photos of SM/TM). Says that HE was NOT with anyone else during the time she was with SM, had male friends but "her heart was completely invested in Sydney"

Says that End of Sept beginning of Oct noticed HE gained weight. Went up a cup size in the TK uniform and had to get new regular bras. Says HE thought she was pregnant. Says she took a test at work during lunch, error displayed on the digital test. Says HE never lost the weight, says HE didn't have a period during their time as roommates or used tampons (HE started staying at Bri's apt beginning of Nov here and there then officially after Thanksgiving when HE moved in) The last time she saw HE was Monday before Dec 18th.

Says that HE finally got over the breakup beginning of Dec. Had Girls Nights at the Apt (sound is breaking up) and HE was her friend outside of work every single day. If not together, texting. BFFs. They never rode by SM house or leave any notes on his vehicles. Bri said he had a white truck. State asks if she knew if he had a black truck, KT objects. Judge says to establish this before asking the question. Bri says his truck was white and the only truck she has ever seen him drive. Says SM, BW and HE worked at TK after breakup but BW didn't see SM after the break up. Says that work was HE life.

When BW went to Florida says HE was sleeping on the couch, says HE begged her not to leave b/c she would miss her other half. Says she was out of town until Jan after school break. No plans for HE to do anything besides job interview for a job she was really hoping to get. Says HE called her while in FL as much as possible it was snapchat, texts and calls. Too many times to count but talked on the phone 3-4 times from Monday to Wednesday. Bri drove from MB to New Jersey talked during her drive then Tuesday talked to HE after her job interview (for make up, was excited) on Monday she told Bri about the date she was going on with SS and HE was very excited about it and excited about the job. Job was doing cosmetology at a salon in the MB area.

The last time they talked was Dec 18th at 1:44 am. Bri asked what was wrong HE didn't want to tell BW b/c she didn't approve of the relationship and BW called her out on it and said SW called and BW asked why did you answer and HE said it wasn't his number. It wasn't blocked, local number. HE told BW told her SM was leaving his wife and wanted to be with her. BW told her NOT to do it, done so well, moved on. Tell me about the date. Bri is crying very hard.

He told her she learned how to drive the stick shift truck, she knew would make her proud. She changed the subject. (This is very hard to listen to) and made sure HE was in a better mood before they got off phone. BW asked if she was going to see SM. HE told her she was gonna sleep on it and call her in the morning. Says HE was mad and scared. Didn't understand how it was the 1st official date she went on and he called literally right after SS left. (these are HE words)

Says that she didn't understand why when she was finally getting her life together he called then. BW says HE told her she was alone in the apartment alone at this time. Says there was a key but HE didn't use it unless she was going to be gone a long time but if she was going to be right back would leave the front door open. Says typical girl with a cell, chances of the phone leaving her side were slim to none, if in public and phone was dying she would go to car and charge it. BW says HE car was a mess but she would never leave it anywhere.

Bumping for anyone who missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member