MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased with how this went .. I am thinking it will be a step towards justice for HE .. however, sadly, I don't think we will ever fully find out what happened to her ..

Not totally true. If the state fails to make their case during the trial, the defense will typically ask for charges to be dismissed, before they call their witnesses, based on that the state didn't provide the evidence necessary to convict on the charges. The judge can dismiss the charges or give a directed verdict when this happens, and yes it does happen. Obviously didn't happen in this case though.

I'm saying it's the jury's job to determine guilt.

The Judge did mention that, in his reasoning, he has to look at the evidence in a the light most favorable to the prosecution. In other words, he interpreted what the prosecution presented without considering what he heard from the defense on cross. In his opinion, doing just that, there IS a reasonable chance that the jury, upon deliberation, could render a guilty verdict.

Therefore, he denies the motion.

What the judge really thinks? It's hard to say.

The defense now has to undermine the prosecution's case with their own witnesses.

I was a 20 year old with a messy car. Now, my cars are spotless.
She didn't have the chance to grow out of her messy car, because she never got a chance to have little ones in the backseat who need neatness and order, and that infuriates me. (Heather's murder, not your comment, of course). Jmo

My concern was more about personal safety at home versus concern over a car.

I just got back to my desk, is it over? Nothing streaming.

..before he denied the motion by the defense, the Judge also said something about there being enough circumstantial evidence for a civil trial. in the event he gets off, there would be that to look fwd to.

I just got back to my desk, is it over? Nothing streaming.

--state has rested, the defense asked for a directed verdict, judge denied.

--lunch break until 2:00 p.m.

Anyone think he'll be lunching with the family?
Not unless they're in Conway. He doesn't have time to go home and make it back. Not even just a round trip without lunch, not with all this tourist traffic.

..before he denied the motion by the defense, the Judge also said something about there being enough circumstantial evidence for a civil trial. in the event he gets off, there would be that to look fwd to.

If he gets off, I hope they continue to make his life a living hell. Next Tammy trial, obstruction trial, fraud charges trial, civil trials and eventually a murder trial. It can't stop until Heather is found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we sure PC isn't there, just sitting out of view of the cameras now? If she is NOT there, i think that says quite a lot.

I don't see how he could sit there knowing what happened to Heather that early morning & keep on being around family trying to justify everything the prosecutors put out there as facts. That seems like an awful way to live to me. Lie after lie. I'd rather fess up & get it over with.

I thought I saw Polly earlier during one of the breaks standing at the door while SM was talking to the guy in the blue shirt.

I can see SM begging TM to let him plea and her saying "no way". I almost wish they had tried her first, she needs to be the one with the heat on, imo

I don't see how he could sit there knowing what happened to Heather that early morning & keep on being around family trying to justify everything the prosecutors put out there as facts. That seems like an awful way to live to me. Lie after lie. I'd rather fess up & get it over with.
But you're not a murderer so you can't possibly think like one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was a 20 year old with a messy car. Now, my cars are spotless.
She didn't have the chance to grow out of her messy car, because she never got a chance to have little ones in the backseat who need neatness and order, and that infuriates me. (Heather's murder, not your comment, of course). Jmo
This. So sad :(

I'm not sure having little ones changes you into someone who keeps a neat car lol! Not me when my kids were little! :)
This is my life right now, I'm OCD about a clean car and my small children are not. LOL

I am pleased with how this went .. I am thinking it will be a step towards justice for HE .. however, sadly, I don't think we will ever fully find out what happened to her ..
The only 2 ways I can see us finding out is if SM takes a plea in return for his cooperation and places the blame (or tells the truth?) on TM and or her accomplices BUT he would still be guilty of obstruction, possible accessory etc. OR if when TM trial comes she does the same thing and gives the details b/c she knows she is going down with the sinking SM ship.

JMO

Nope, we won't. We will be left with this convoluted story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member