Misty C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i am going to assume according to this news report that it is still unknown, if MC has an attorney.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...f-Missing-Girl

mornin lil momma

link didn't work for me.

I wish we had some new news this morning. I am so sad and just have this melancholy feeling in my heart. Something is happening I think and I just do not believe that all this stuff is going on right now for nothing. Is it coincidence that there was a fight with RC and Hank jr. Is it coincidence that now police are asking for someone with personal knowledge of Misty's where-a-bouts that night to come forward? Or is LE suspicious that the walls may be crumbling?

So, i am going to assume according to this news report that it is still unknown, if MC has an attorney.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...f-Missing-Girl

mornin lil momma

link didn't work for me.

I wish we had some new news this morning. I am so sad and just have this melancholy feeling in my heart. Something is happening I think and I just do not believe that all this stuff is going on right now for nothing. Is it coincidence that there was a fight with RC and Hank jr. Is it coincidence that now police are asking for someone with personal knowledge of Misty's where-a-bouts that night to come forward? Or is LE suspicious that the walls may be crumbling?

I fixed the link on my Local Newspapers/Misty post. (Ledger.com)

mornin lil momma

link didn't work for me.

Morning elle!

Sorry the link didn't work, i copied it from nomoresorrow's post. I do believe that nomoresorrow fixed it, see the post below my original post... (confused yet? lol)

I wish we had more news too. I am gald LE came out and said that the bio's are not suspects. (i am just not sure, if that means they are cleared, i know it is just the terminology, but LE could be tricky like that, think about when they cleared the A/C guy,LE said he has been CLEARED as a suspect, KWIM?)

I think that the scuffle between HC,HC2, and RC may be indirectly involved with HC missing. Even though LE is saying it is not. My question is this, How can LE say it is not connected when, they don't know what crime, when it happened, or where it happened? There may be something there, i am just not sure though.

This case has me spinning in circles. Not sure WHO to believe anymore. I also feel that the info that LE put out, is pretty much the same thing that they put out about 4-5 months ago. With the exception of LE stating that CS & RC are not considered suspects.

Can she be brought up on charges for impeding an investigation? God a child is missing, how much more serious can this be? Is this what they are leading up too?

Palatka Daily News;
Haleigh's parents cleared; lawmen doubt babysitter

"Any citizen with direct knowledge of Misty's activities during that evening or into the early morning is encouraged to report that information to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office," he said.
Attempts to reach Croslin-Cummings for comment were unsuccessful.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/18/news/news01.txt

The St. Augustine Record;
Misty Cummings the focus of investigation

Authorities will not say what evidence contradicts what they were told in interviews, but Greenwood said there was no sign of forced entry to the mobile home where Haleigh disappeared.
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/081809/news_1862226.shtml

The Ledger/Lakeland;
Police: Baby Sitter's Help Needed in Case of Missing Girl

Croslin married Cummings about a month after Haleigh's disappearance. Their telephone in Welaka has been disconnected and it is not known whether Croslin has a lawyer.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090817/NEWS/908175080

The Gainsville Sun;
Police: Wife key to Haleigh case

"It's not been a secret the whole way through that she's made inconsistent statements. We're just letting the facts out there," Greenwood said. "We've known since day one that she wasn't telling us everything."

Cummings and his wife have been involved in recent incidents indicating problems within their family.

Greenwood said investigators don't think the incidents are related to Haleigh's case, and officers aren't using the situation to target anyone.

But, he said, "If it takes them not getting along to get the truth, so be it. If information is obtained because of that, it's good for us."

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090818/ARTICLES/908181004/1002?Title=Police-Wife-key-to-Haleigh-case

Maybe should not ask this question, but does anyone remember back in the day when we posted in another location "below"? There was a particular poster who seemed to have lots of information and one of the things they posted was that the MH was not the same at all as it appeared when NG did the walk through with TN. They indicated it was drastically different and I got the impression it was a mess. JMO

mornin lil momma

link didn't work for me.

Stay optimistic, elle! This case has been stagnent for many months and now things are happening. We may not be able to see it coming to gether yet, but there is a lot of activity and maybe things will break soon. I think some people are getting uncomfortable. Let's hope for the best and that Haleigh is safe and will be found.

Can she be brought up on charges for impeding an investigation? God a child is missing, how much more serious can this be? Is this what they are leading up too?

I always wondered about this too Bern. But then, months ago I thought that if someone came into my home and plucked my youngest from her bed while I was fast asleep, would I deserve to be charged. I was sleeping, isn't that what people do in the nighttime? BUTnow we have this latest statement from LE stating inconsistencies and physical evidence not corresponding with Misty's story, so does that mean they don't think she was sleeping after all? Was she negligent in some way? If she was...then can't she be charged with something? Charges won't connect all the dots in this case or bring Haleigh home, but they might.....might.....lay the groundwork for the wheels of justice.

Stay optimistic, elle! This case has been stagnent for many months and now things are happening. We may not be able to see it coming to gether yet, but there is a lot of activity and maybe things will break soon. I think some people are getting uncomfortable. Let's hope for the best and that Haleigh is safe and will be found.

So many of these kids turn up dead in the first months or so, but I hang onto hope that she is still alive. As long as they haven't found her body, there is hope.

I always wondered about this too Bern. But then, months ago I thought that if someone came into my home and plucked my youngest from her bed while I was fast asleep, would I deserve to be charged. I was sleeping, isn't that what people do in the nighttime? BUTnow we have this latest statement from LE stating inconsistencies and physical evidence not corresponding with Misty's story, so does that mean they don't think she was sleeping after all? Was she negligent in some way? If she was...then can't she be charged with something? Charges won't connect all the dots in this case or bring Haleigh home, but they might.....might.....lay the groundwork for the wheels of justice.

I know, that is my thought too. She is holding up this investigation, by not saying where she was, or what she knows. For them to plea with the public means they don't believe her and it's her word against their word, or they would haul her in, JMO

27 secs (counting down) into the video;

Police are saying that there are still no suspects in this case. They also told us that they did had tried to re-interview Misty Croslin. You may remember that she's now married to Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings. They've tried to re-interview her, but she now has an attorney now and because of that they've not been able to talk to her again.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=143152&catid=3

Palatka Daily News;
Haleigh's parents cleared; lawmen doubt babysitter

"Any citizen with direct knowledge of Misty's activities during that evening or into the early morning is encouraged to report that information to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office," he said.
Attempts to reach Croslin-Cummings for comment were unsuccessful.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/18/news/news01.txt

The St. Augustine Record;
Misty Cummings the focus of investigation

Authorities will not say what evidence contradicts what they were told in interviews, but Greenwood said there was no sign of forced entry to the mobile home where Haleigh disappeared.
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/081809/news_1862226.shtml

The Ledger/Lakeland;
Police: Baby Sitter's Help Needed in Case of Missing Girl

Croslin married Cummings about a month after Haleigh's disappearance. Their telephone in Welaka has been disconnected and it is not known whether Croslin has a lawyer.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090817/NEWS/908175080

The Gainsville Sun;
Police: Wife key to Haleigh case

"It's not been a secret the whole way through that she's made inconsistent statements. We're just letting the facts out there," Greenwood said. "We've known since day one that she wasn't telling us everything."

Cummings and his wife have been involved in recent incidents indicating problems within their family.

Greenwood said investigators don't think the incidents are related to Haleigh's case, and officers aren't using the situation to target anyone.

But, he said, "If it takes them not getting along to get the truth, so be it. If information is obtained because of that, it's good for us."

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090818/ARTICLES/908181004/1002?Title=Police-Wife-key-to-Haleigh-case

Jebus.

Talk about coming out swinging. LE finally had something to say, and boy howdy did they. whoowhee.

I'm going to interpret their words about MC literally, and not try to read into it. That girl needs to start talking...and talking...and she don't need to shut up until they get every detail they think she has in order to find Haleigh.

If she does have a lawyer, and he/she is advising her not to give interviews~ she needs to get herself a new one. JMHO.

As considered from early in the investigation, I think it is all still a question of the level of Misty's culpability. Could be anything from...

Misty leaving Haleigh (& Jr) unsupervised but SODDI (no further knowledge of an abduction); or

Misty leaving Haleigh (& Jr) unsupervised and SODDI but w further knowledge of who perp is; or

Misty leaving Haleigh (& Jr) unsupervised w/other negligence responsible on her's (or RC's) part (ie drugs, pond, accident of some sort discovered on the property); to

Misty harming Haleigh directly herself

What we do know is that RC in turn married her. And that there was a knock down drag out altercation recently. We know this is involved but here again we are left w choices and it isn't as simple as assuming Misty's bro to be responsible for whom she and their parents are covering. It is one possibility, granted, and the call may never have taken place eg and she's now genuinely "fearful" of her bro, but if you smell a rat like I do, we're left w a few other options here.

If one believes the claims by the three Croslins that MC did in fact put in a distress call earlier on the day of the arrest eg, then we are more apt to conclude that it may be rather her family (including HC2) who are in fact covering for MC. And from there, one of two possible levels of complicity on HC2's part: that HC2 may have participated or assisted (accessory after the fact) in some manner (ie w disposal); or that HC2, like their parents, is guilty solely of having knowledge.

We know MC is the key, I'm sure for LE it has always been a question tho of figuring out just how much that sly puffin' Cheshire smile of Misty's is hiding...

:parrot:

Maybe should not ask this question, but does anyone remember back in the day when we posted in another location "below"? There was a particular poster who seemed to have lots of information and one of the things they posted was that the MH was not the same at all as it appeared when NG did the walk through with TN. They indicated it was drastically different and I got the impression it was a mess. JMO
I have no doubt it wasn't the same since GGS cleaned it up before the cameras arrived, imo. Why would this surprise anyone? LE didn't clean anything up after the period of time they had the mh in their possession either, imo. It probably was a huge mess, imo.

(Bold by NMS)
Jebus.

Talk about coming out swinging. LE finally had something to say, and boy howdy did they. whoowhee.

I'm going to interpret their words about MC literally, and not try to read into it. That girl needs to start talking...and talking...and she don't need to shut up until they get every detail they think she has in order to find Haleigh.

If she does have a lawyer, and he/she is advising her not to give interviews~ she needs to get herself a new one. JMHO.

Yep, that's how I see it too kat. It appears that Misty woke up to a category 5 hurricane hitting her square in the face :eek: and she better run - not walk - her a$$ to the nearest shelter at the PCSO!

What was significant to me yesterday was PCSO publicly stating that they have "physical evidence that contradicts Misty's account . . ." The previous statements by PCSO only went as far as to state their suspicions & concerns about the inconsistencies in Misty's story and I'm surmising here, but up to this point, LE was basing this on their experience, training . . . obviously that alone hasn't budged Misty. TN's statement about Misty's educational level can be countered by the fact that Misty is surrounded by many (many, many . . .) individuals who are very wise when it comes to "what to say, what not to say" to LE in my opinion - it's commonly known that if LE doesn't have any evidence to back up their claim(s), they're only suspicions and you don't get arrested based on suspicion alone. My feeling is that the PCSO found some amount of satisfaction in publicly delivering the message yesterday to Misty and the message was "WE GOT THE GOODS" - Gone are the days of "do you have any evidence, where's your evidence, you don't have any evidence . . ." LE isn't playing a bait game with Misty regarding the "we have evidence" part of their statement - I'd bet my bottom $ that before PCSO finished up that news conference, Misty's attorney was putting out a call to her (and not a happy call) asking, "what could they have for evidence, what haven't you told me, I can't represent you if you don't tell me the truth, what other surprises are there going to be Misty . . .!" I don't think that's reading into it at all - Attorney's don't like to learn information about their client watching National television and hearing it out of the mouths of LE investigator's themselves - never good. Misty & her attorney are doing some very serious talking now - there is much more to come and soon IMO.

MOO

I have been wondering since yesterday if the reason LE has not named Misty a POI yet is because she was a minor when Haleigh went missing? Then she married Ron and I would think that would change her status from Minor, to being charged as an adult? I see her as an accessory "IMO". I really feel she was not home, but knows what happen. That is just mey theory though..I have nothing to back that up.

I also wonder if items of interest came back recently from the FBI lab....I heard somewhere, I may be wrong, but heard that they were so backed up...six months backed up. Another reason why, maybe LE did not say much earlier on.
Remember they took the back door later on and other from within the home and we don't know what all was taken.

I think they have much they are not sharing, that points to other's they are not naming...but are naming Misty as key to the investigation. Maybe they feel she knows who the other/POI may be. If that makes any sense. Reason being, they will not name the real POI in hopes they slip up. LE can lie? Or am I reading to many crime novels...

27 secs (counting down) into the video;

Police are saying that there are still no suspects in this case. They also told us that they did had tried to re-interview Misty Croslin. You may remember that she's now married to Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings. They've tried to re-interview her, but she now has an attorney now and because of that they've not been able to talk to her again.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=143152&catid=3

I thought I heard she had an attorney, thank you, I thought I was losing my mind again.

If Crystal wanted to file charges against Misty, could she? Would that force LE to get Misty to be re interviewed?

If Crystal wanted to file charges against Misty, could she? Would that force LE to get Misty to be re interviewed?

Ya know. I was wondering the same..If it were my child and it had been revealed that there are inconsistences and they were refusing to talk to LE.
I would be looking to find out what avenues I could take to have them hauled in for obstruction of justice.JMO

I have been wondering since yesterday if the reason LE has not named Misty a POI yet is because she was a minor when Haleigh went missing? Then she married Ron and I would think that would change her status from Minor, to being charged as an adult? I see her as an accessory "IMO". I really feel she was not home, but knows what happen. That is just mey theory though..I have nothing to back that up.

I also wonder if items of interest came back recently from the FBI lab....I heard somewhere, I may be wrong, but heard that they were so backed up...six months backed up. Another reason why, maybe LE did not say much earlier on.
Remember they took the back door later on and other from within the home and we don't know what all was taken.

I think they have much they are not sharing, that points to other's they are not naming...but are naming Misty as key to the investigation. Maybe they feel she knows who the other/POI may be. If that makes any sense. Reason being, they will not name the real POI in hopes they slip up. LE can lie? Or am I reading to many crime novels...

Reading too many crime novels? Well we could all, at one time or another, be accused of that . . . In response to LE naming Misty, or anyone for that matter, as a POI - I'm beginning to think, from several fairly recent cases, that naming a person(s) as a POI is happening less and less - similar to avoiding naming anyone as a suspect prematurely - once they're named they retain & refrain (retain attorney's & refrain from talking). Obviously no two cases are alike and in some cases the POI/Suspect are more easily distinquishable as there may be more evidence earlier on in the case but, as we know, that isn't always the case. I really believe that LE tries very hard to refrain from naming anyone as a POI (as they have/do in naming suspects) until they have a substantial amount of prosecutorial evidence. JMO -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991