Misty C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know it was a single photo in a frame? What if it was a photo album with a white cover?

It was a single photo - Haleigh's school pic. (The LEO notes that in the Narrative.) I don't think we know if there was a frame. But the album is an interesting question. Seems as if there would be a Type Code for PHOTOGRAPHS. And this was coded as RECORDINGS (TAPES, CDs, CASSETTES).

I am not sure if it was in a frame or not - it just states photograph quantity 1 so I am thinking it wasnt in an album. I will try later to go back and look at videos in one of the walk thrus there is an empty 8 x 10 picture frame sitting on a table but I dont remember if it was a white frame or not.

Busy, IIRC, she brought the photo with her, so an empty frame wouldn't be shown in any of the walk thrus.

I thought maybe she just grabbed the photo in the frame and then when she got to the mobile home took it out of the frame to give LE so the frame would of still been in the mobile home.

Busy, IIRC, she brought the photo with her, so an empty frame wouldn't be shown in any of the walk thrus.

I honestly don't know if she was required to stay outside or not. LE could of taken the photo out of the frame as well and set it down. I just remember seeing an empty frame in the pics and figured that was where the pic came from. The empty frame may not be connected at all.

You think LE allowed her in the mh ?

I honestly don't know if she was required to stay outside or not. LE could of taken the photo out of the frame as well and set it down. I just remember seeing an empty frame in the pics and figured that was where the pic came from. The empty frame may not be connected at all.

As I read the Narrative, it really seems as if she had the picture with her. Ofcourse, it may not have been in a frame at all.

At this time Teresa Neves, arrived on scene. Teresa is Ronald's mother. Teresa told me she had been called by Ronald shortly after he learned Haleigh was missing. Teresa told me Haleigh's mother is Crystal Sheffield, however, Ronald has full custody. Teresa told me Ronald and Crystal have not been disputing the custody of Haleigh. Teresa provided a 2008-2009 school photograph of Haleigh.

I sure hope no one was allowed in mh after LE arrived !

The marriage: maybe Ron married her in an attempt to avoid charges due to her age. Maybe Ron married her to keep an eye on her... maybe she threatened Ron she would go along with charges against him over her age, in an attempt to cover her tail over Haleigh missing. There are just a lot of "maybes", really... but I think it is time that Misty start standing alone, investigation wise. She has had the "Ron vs Crystal" to hide behind for over 5 months, now... most of this whole R vs C drama has seen Misty drift to the background, while R & C have taken some pretty heavy blows... and now LE is putting direct focus back on Misty.

Just think... had none of this tabloid style lawyering and, rogue stirring "reporters" and bounty hunter trash talking had come about where it was aimed at Ron and Crystal, Misty would have stayed front and center and just maybe we would have found out something by now.

Just my opinion...

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Putnam County investigators say they don't think that Misty Croslin-Cummings has been straight with them as they continue to investigate the disappearance six months ago of Haleigh Cummings from her father's home in Satsuma.
In a news release marking the child's sixth birthday Monday, investigators said the child's biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, were not suspects.
But for the first time, they don't think Haleigh was abducted by a stranger. They said, Misty Croslin, who was baby-sitting the girl when she vanished from her father's mobile home in February, "continues to hold important answers in the case."
"She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty's sketchy account of her evening activities."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_MISSING_FLORIDA_GIRL_FLOL-?SITE=FLPET&SECTION=HOME

FINALLY!!!!

As I read the Narrative, it really seems as if she had the picture with her. Ofcourse, it may not have been in a frame at all.

At this time Teresa Neves, arrived on scene. Teresa is Ronald's mother. Teresa told me she had been called by Ronald shortly after he learned Haleigh was missing. Teresa told me Haleigh's mother is Crystal Sheffield, however, Ronald has full custody. Teresa told me Ronald and Crystal have not been disputing the custody of Haleigh. Teresa provided a 2008-2009 school photograph of Haleigh.

I sure hope no one was allowed in mh after LE arrived !

Maybe the picture was on a CD, a picture disk like they give you now,

Could cell phone records indicate she was not home? I don't know if that would be considered physical evidence though. We know only property taken initially was the photograph. We don't know what all they took during the investigation. Things like a different movie in the player just doesnt cut it for me

I have no doubt in my mind if RC felt like Misty was responsible in anyway he would not be standing by her side. I do wonder though if Misty possibly has information that would point to her family members but doesnt know for a fact if they harmed Haleigh and she is afraid to talk.

Could be that they checked her cell phone records to see who she called during the time period, and (if she did call a person or persons), they may have interviewed them to see if she told them where she was at the time of the call. I don't think pings would be any use to LE, as they were with RC at PDM, if she was in the general area of the mobile home, like her brother's home. It is probably the same cell phone tower area. (imo)

Could cell phone records indicate she was not home? I don't know if that would be considered physical evidence though. We know only property taken initially was the photograph. We don't know what all they took during the investigation. Things like a different movie in the player just doesnt cut it for me

I have no doubt in my mind if RC felt like Misty was responsible in anyway he would not be standing by her side. I do wonder though if Misty possibly has information that would point to her family members but doesn't know for a fact if they harmed Haleigh and she is afraid to talk.
I think this is quite possible. We know now Misty is afraid of Tommy because of the RO, imo. If her family was involved without her direct knowledge, it could be she suspected it and why she pointed the finger at the cousin to begin with early on.

I raised this possibility recently and was met with a lot of resistance, but I still think it is no coincidence her brother was at the mh that day after Ronald left, lives in the mh park within walking distance, and the rest of it, imo.

LE is still basing this on no forced entry, imo. The brother could have left that door unlocked without her knowledge after Ronald had left for work, imo.

I read about speculation of the the vcr/dvd player being too high etc., but if they think for a minute a kid can't scale a piece of furniture or find other ways to reach things...they haven't had climbers on a mission.

I see no reason why Teresa or others would not be allowed in the home right after LE arrived. It could be Teresa did give them the photo out of the frame inside the mh instead of bringing it with her as we earlier thought. They don't prevent other families from accessing their home when a child or an adult goes missing unless there are open signs of foul play, imo.

I think this is quite possible. We know now Misty is afraid of Tommy because of the RO, imo. If her family was involved without her direct knowledge, it could be she suspected it and why she pointed the finger at the cousin to begin with early on.

I raised this possibility recently and was met with a lot of resistance, but I still think it is no coincidence her brother was at the mh that day after Ronald left, lives in the mh park within walking distance, and the rest of it, imo.

LE is still basing this on no forced entry, imo. The brother could have left that door unlocked without her knowledge after Ronald had left for work, imo.

I read about speculation of the the vcr/dvd player being too high etc., but if they think for a minute a kid can't scale a piece of furniture or find other ways to reach things...they haven't had climbers on a mission.

I see no reason why Teresa or others would not be allowed in the home right after LE arrived. It could be Teresa did give them the photo out of the frame inside the mh instead of bringing it with her as we earlier thought. They don't prevent other families from accessing their home when a child or an adult goes missing unless there are open signs of foul play, imo.

How much heat would Misty take for her brother? Are they close? now that there seems to be a feud of sorts, would she still continue protecting him at the cost of her own reputation?

I agree totally about climbers. I've had plenty of scares with mine; perching precariously somewhere i never thought they could get to.

The 911 call set this whole thing up as a break-in and an abduction from the home and that would make the MH a crime scene. I think it is customary to seal crime scenes. Otherwise the value of any evidence gathered there decreases.

This is a really good question! Since we know that she stated that she was in the MH that whole night, this implies that there must be some physical evidence that she was outside the MH at some point. I can't think of what this might be. They didn't say eyewitness evidence, they said physical. Wonder if she could have left something somewhere away from the MH that was not there earlier in the day. ???

BTW, I thought this was interesting - TN says that Misty only has a seventh-grade education. Holy Toledo!

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...focus_has_narrowed_in_haleigh’s_disappearance

Cell phone records maybe? She went shopping for cigs and they found the receipt with the time and date? Or a security cam pic that might be her.

Ronald Cummings’ mother said she does not believe her daughter-in-law has misled investigators. Misty Croslin has a seventh-grade education, Teresa Neves said and should not be able to fool interrogators that have included FBI agents.

“She feels they are not being fair to her,” Neves said Monday

This soundbit from TN sounds just like what some here have said all along, but I'm not sure how much education it is required to be able to lie to LE. It appears to me that she's not fooling them at all; they've implied repeatedly that they don't believe a word she says.

It's a crying shame that anyone is allowed to drop out of school at seventh grade.

Yep Shaymus but then scroll down to the next page - it is just a continuation of the description of that page - the property section starts with Property Section heading and ends with Vehicle property recovered from.
ETA: I am still working on getting both pages of it - wish I was more computer savy

I am confused. I don't understand where ya'll are getting photo frame out of tapes and recordings. Why wouldn't they write photo frame. I always thought they took a recording from the answering machine or some tape or something. I am confused now. Who can explain.....lol

ETA....it also says there are 5 pages of the report. Have we seen all5 of those pages?

This is a really good question! Since we know that she stated that she was in the MH that whole night, this implies that there must be some physical evidence that she was outside the MH at some point. I can't think of what this might be. They didn't say eyewitness evidence, they said physical. Wonder if she could have left something somewhere away from the MH that was not there earlier in the day. ???

BTW, I thought this was interesting - TN says that Misty only has a seventh-grade education. Holy Toledo!

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...focus_has_narrowed_in_haleigh’s_disappearance

"She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty's sketchy account of her evening activities."

bbm- but this article uses this as a direct quote. I don't believe Misty was home that night but I think they are referring to her claiming she washed bedding that night and there being clothes in the machine that predated that day. Also the clothes she said Haleigh was wearing were in the dirty clothes. Her story of where the kids slept has changed several times, the physical evidence probably didn't support story one so it changed.

During the assault fiasco Ron said they just keep asking the same questions about that night and focusing on the weekend before. This was during his explanation of why they aren't talking to the cops anymore. It was widely speculated at the time of the disappearance that Misty had taken off on a bender that weekend and that Ron had to go find her and bring her home so he could go to work that evening. Misty has probably not provided complete information about where she was, who was with her, and if any of those people were then around Haleigh after Ron went to work.

I don't think Misty harmed her personally, but I do think she is lying for someone.

I am just honestly shocked that they don't think Misty was in the home that night, but if you think about it, if they dont fear stranger abduction- if something happened to Haleigh, Misty would have had to left the home to dispose of Haleigh- since she is missing-

Or if they dont think its stranger abduction, and Misty left- then they suspect someone close to the family came in and took her?

Palatka Daily News;
Haleigh's parents cleared; lawmen doubt babysitter

"Any citizen with direct knowledge of Misty's activities during that evening or into the early morning is encouraged to report that information to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office," he said.
Attempts to reach Croslin-Cummings for comment were unsuccessful.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/18/news/news01.txt

The St. Augustine Record;
Misty Cummings the focus of investigation

Authorities will not say what evidence contradicts what they were told in interviews, but Greenwood said there was no sign of forced entry to the mobile home where Haleigh disappeared.
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/081809/news_1862226.shtml

The Ledger/Lakeland;
Police: Baby Sitter's Help Needed in Case of Missing Girl

Croslin married Cummings about a month after Haleigh's disappearance. Their telephone in Welaka has been disconnected and it is not known whether Croslin has a lawyer.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090817/NEWS/908175080

The Gainsville Sun;
Police: Wife key to Haleigh case

"It's not been a secret the whole way through that she's made inconsistent statements. We're just letting the facts out there," Greenwood said. "We've known since day one that she wasn't telling us everything."

Cummings and his wife have been involved in recent incidents indicating problems within their family.

Greenwood said investigators don't think the incidents are related to Haleigh's case, and officers aren't using the situation to target anyone.

But, he said, "If it takes them not getting along to get the truth, so be it. If information is obtained because of that, it's good for us."

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090818/ARTICLES/908181004/1002?Title=Police-Wife-key-to-Haleigh-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991