Misty C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

AS are all the rumors about what Misty's childhood and adolescence was like, nearly all of that information came from posters who posted based on either a "local knowledge" basis or it was just posted by someone with NOT A SINGLE SOURCE, who said that it was true because "they had found the information". If there is a link from a verified source that gives the precise history of when Misty lived with who, why she lived there and how long---I am sure many here would like to actually see it for themselves. No LE source or counseling service would EVER release that information on a minor, and if it is coming from something that MC said herself----well, we all know that it is either unreliable and likely to change 6 or 7 times, or just as likely completely false as it is to be even partially true! IMOO

My reference to childhood rumors was for RC, not MC, if you go back and read my posts.

But, my basis for MC most possibly coming from an neglectful home would be based on the fact that she has not attended school in several years, and is still only 17. Her parents allowed their high school drop-out teenage daughter to then take up residence with a 24/25 y/o man, who was a single father of 2 young children himself. These are facts we know, and is more than enough for me to conclude, IMO, Misty most likely was neglected as a child. This is not information obtained from rumor threads, nor posters who supposedly post based on a "local knowledge" basis.

I don't need to know exactly when she lived with who, where or for how long. I know her parents allowed her leave her education and their home and play mommy and wifey full time when she should have been preparing for prom and final exams.

So, I don't see your point :waitasec:

We have to remember that she did not lawyer up for almost 6 months and after countless interviews (at least 30 hours worth), DNA testing, 3 LDTs, and trying to cooperate. She could have hired one immediately.

IMO, I think someone finally convinced her that she needed to protect herself. Maybe she was naive enough to believe she did not need a lawyer if she was innocent, but she is wrong, imo. Innocent people DO need attorneys when the focus of the investigation is centered on them. It would be stupid to continue without one.

SS that is a valid point, let's see if the lawyer & Misty do help investigators if needed as her lawyer said. Talk is cheap, actions are what counts IMO!

We have to remember that she did not lawyer up for almost 6 months and after countless interviews (at least 30 hours worth), DNA testing, 3 LDTs, and trying to cooperate. She could have hired one immediately.

IMO, I think someone finally convinced her that she needed to protect herself. Maybe she was naive enough to believe she did not need a lawyer if she was innocent, but she is wrong, imo. Innocent people DO need attorneys when the focus of the investigation is centered on them. It would be stupid to continue without one.

I agree with you here SS, Misty needed an attorney from the moment that she knew that LE still wasn't satisfied with her story regardless of her explanations and her retelling & retelling of events . . . Frankly I wish that she had retained an attorney back at that time because, IMO, if these inconsistancies were the result of Misty's educational level, learning disabilities, fear of implicating someone(s) else - either directly related to HaLeigh's disappearance or for something else indirectly related but nonetheless, with legal consequences, an attorney may have been able to help sort out all of the above and guide Misty accordingly. JMO

I am hopeful with the attorney's help she can clear things up, but it is doubtful, imo. She is in this position because she DID cooperate without an attorney's advice, imo. It is more difficult to clear things up after they were given so many opportunities to use her lack of education, lack of communication skills, and take her words to use against her, imo.

I see that in this recent article it states that Misty put the children to bed at 10PM, I thought it was 8PM? It also states that LE does have physical evidence that was found.
I wonder what that physical evidence could be? They don't come right out and say they consider Misty a suspect, but feel she knows something. I wonder who and if they have someone in mind as a suspect because they are just saying that she has the key to what may of happen to Haleigh. So to me that implies that she knows who took Haleigh not that she did anything to Haleigh.

"snip" By Kristin Chambers Wednesday, August 19, 2009
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Misty may still hold important answers in the case, since her "sketchy" accounts of her last evening babysitting Haleigh does not fit with physical evidence found.

"She's not a suspect in the case, but she definitely has information."
Her attorney Fields said at this point he is going to have to be involved to some degree."

Evidence has investigators doubting that Haleigh was taken by a stranger.

Misty said she put Haleigh and her little brother to bed around 10 p.m. on Feb. 10, and awoke around 3 a.m

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/19/news/news01.txt

I see that in this recent article it states that Misty put the children to bed at 10PM, I thought it was 8PM? It also states that LE does have physical evidence that was found.
I wonder what that physical evidence could be? They don't come right out and say they consider Misty a suspect, but feel she knows something. I wonder who and if they have someone in mind as a suspect because they are just saying that she has the key to what may of happen to Haleigh. So to me that implies that she knows who took Haleigh not that she did anything to Haleigh.

10 on a school night?

It could be an error on the part of the reporter.

The "evidence" could be the "lack of evidence" because of no forced entry and she cannot explain how the door was unlocked. If someone unlocked the door earlier that day without her knowledge and she didn't notice it...then how is she supposed to explain it?

If she has no answers to those type of questions which will satisfy them...what can she do? Maybe there are no answers from her because she doesn't know and they refuse to accept it, imo. There is an old saying, "You can't get blood from a turnip.". In other words, you can only get from people what they are ABLE to give.

I am just hoping that is an error from the reporter. If MC thought she looked bad before, this is not going to make her look any better.

I am hoping "IF" MC is innocent, that this attorney can make some sense of everything, and maybe bring the family closer to finding HC.

This is the exact quote from the PCSO:

"Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities."

This is the exact quote from the PCSO:

"Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities."
The back door being unlocked is physical evidence which does contradict her account of it being locked before, but unlocked/open when she discovered Haleigh missing without showing signs of forced entry, imo.

It is not a fact, but it was mentioned other "physical evidence" is the dvd player is too high and complicated for a child to reach or to use. I could bring a child Rj's age in, hand him his favorite movie, the remote, and watch him spring into action by scaling whatever to put it the dvd player. In 2.2 seconds, he would be happily engaged in watching his movie, imo. I have witnessed it with my own eyes so I know it CAN be done easily. There goes THAT theory, imo.

Well I wouldn't put to much stock in what time the article says she put the kids to bed, the press has been known to be wrong time and time again from the very beginning in reporting on both sides of the family. I don't think there are many investigative reporters left...sadly.

The back door being unlocked is physical evidence which does contradict her account of it being locked before, but unlocked/open when she discovered Haleigh missing without showing signs of forced entry, imo.

It is not a fact, but it was mentioned other "physical evidence" is the dvd player is too high and complicated for a child to reach or to use. I could bring a child Rj's age in, hand him his favorite movie, the remote, and watch him spring into action by scaling whatever to put it the dvd player. In 2.2 seconds, he would be happily engaged in watching his movie, imo. I have witnessed it with my own eyes so I know it CAN be done easily. There goes THAT theory, imo.

My youngest granddaughter learned how to use a dvd player when she was 3 and she can now use the computer somewhat. I have no doubt Jr and Haleigh both could operate a dvd player.

Best Misty Quote:

"Lawyers are only for guilty people."
Artharris.com

And now Misty has a lawyer who claims "he and Croslin-Cummings would work with investigators if needed." http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/19/news/news01.txt

Okay PCSO now is your chance & good luck with that!

I have been following another case here so closely that I might have missed the name when I scanned back in this thread.

The above article gives the last name of MC's lawyer as Fields if I read it correctly.

Can someone tell me the lawyer's full name please? Just to satisfy my curiosity and to keep track of who's who in Haleigh's theads? Thank you in advance.

10 on a school night?

If the 10:00 time is true then I don’t really see a problem depending on
what time school started.
Do we know if she was in am or pm kindergarten?

Even at that... I still don't see 10 as a problem.

OT Maybe I'm a bad mom/grandma?
Heck some nights the kids are so wound up..... well I'm not sayin
how late they go to bed cuz I might get in trouble! :rolleyes:

Robert Fields, Kat if the ck him out would you please post what you find?:blowkiss: http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/19/news/news01.txt

This is the website to Robert Fields law office:

http://www.dowdaandfields.com/

*25% Civil Rights

*25% Criminal Defense

*25% Personal Injury

*11 years since Robert McHenry Fields was first licensed to practice
law in FL.

See license details:

State: Florida

License status: Active

Year acquired: 1998

Last updated: 03/29/2009

We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.

School: St. Thomas University School of Law

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/32177-fl-robert-fields-1247098.html

I am stunned that there are so many supporters/defenders of Misty. It is clear to me that she has lied on more than one occasion. That makes her guilty of trying to hide something. IMHO

"Misty told me that she had put the children to bed at approximately 8pm. MIsty said that they were sleeping in HER BED, and when she laid down at around 10:30pm both children were still in bed."
(Source: Police Report Narrative)

"VAN SUSTEREN: Were you in the same bed with Haleigh, Misty?

CROSLIN: No."
(Source: "On the Record," February 12, 2009.)

~~~~~

"MIsty said that she was sure the back door had been locked prior to her going to bed."
(Source: Police Report Narrative)

"CROSLIN: No, I did not lock the back door because the back door is always locked. We really do not use the back door."

"CUMMINGS: There is a lock on the knob on the inside, and it has a deadbolt also. The deadbolt is very hard to get unlocked once you get it locked. You have to push in hard on the door, and a child would never get that unlocked."

"There was no forced entry, that is really one of the big things, because Misty said the door was locked."
(Source: Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office)

~~~~~

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case. She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh’s disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities."
(Source: Putnam County Sheriff's Office Press Release, 8-10-09 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321