Misty C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stunned that there are so many supporters/defenders of Misty. It is clear to me that she has lied on more than one occasion. That makes her guilty of trying to hide something. IMHO

I understand where you are coming from & from what we are told by LE & Misty herself IMO defies common sense. However, she now has a lawyer who states that they will help LE if needed. I hope so, this really needs to be done for Misty's sake as well as the case of finding Haleigh!

The back door being unlocked is physical evidence which does contradict her account of it being locked before, but unlocked/open when she discovered Haleigh missing without showing signs of forced entry, imo.

It is not a fact, but it was mentioned other "physical evidence" is the dvd player is too high and complicated for a child to reach or to use. I could bring a child Rj's age in, hand him his favorite movie, the remote, and watch him spring into action by scaling whatever to put it the dvd player. In 2.2 seconds, he would be happily engaged in watching his movie, imo. I have witnessed it with my own eyes so I know it CAN be done easily. There goes THAT theory, imo.
I am in total agreement with this.

How many people are protecting Misty? How many people have inquired of her exactly what happened that night....tell us all about it. If they gleaned any info have they shared it with LE?...obviously no, because LE wants to talk to her.

Why won't her attorney let her talk? IMO, he is playing a game and keeping her free as long as possible. She does not have to talk if she doesn't want to. So the lawyer is there in case she is arrested.

Since she prefers not to talk and since the Cummings family doesn't mind, I would infer they are protecting her and know the reason why they are protecting her.

Go one step further and it is easy to figure out.

Kiki...

If physical evidence contradicts her statement then they have proof she wasn't home at some time.

They could have in their possession a store receipt, atm, video at gas station, physical evidence is the key...something you can touch[/COLOR]. There may be a receipt or ATM withdrawal, gas card, text msg, video of her. Could also be a cell phone ping. She may have left something in a vehicle time stamped. It appears they have proof she wasn't there at some time that evening.

If she lied about being home and they have proof she wasn't home, I suggest she start counting the days she has left...when's her birthday again...Dec?

I am stunned that there are so many supporters/defenders of Misty. It is clear to me that she has lied on more than one occasion. That makes her guilty of trying to hide something. IMHO

"Misty told me that she had put the children to bed at approximately 8pm. MIsty said that they were sleeping in HER BED, and when she laid down at around 10:30pm both children were still in bed."
(Source: Police Report Narrative)

"VAN SUSTEREN: Were you in the same bed with Haleigh, Misty?

CROSLIN: No."
(Source: "On the Record," February 12, 2009.)

~~~~~

"MIsty said that she was sure the back door had been locked prior to her going to bed."
(Source: Police Report Narrative)

"CROSLIN: No, I did not lock the back door because the back door is always locked. We really do not use the back door."

"CUMMINGS: There is a lock on the knob on the inside, and it has a deadbolt also. The deadbolt is very hard to get unlocked once you get it locked. You have to push in hard on the door, and a child would never get that unlocked."

"There was no forced entry, that is really one of the big things, because Misty said the door was locked."
(Source: Lt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office)

~~~~~

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case. She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh’s disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities."
(Source: Putnam County Sheriff's Office Press Release, 8-10-09 by: Lt. Johnny Greenwood)

I coming late to the thread so forgive me if this has already been said but Misty's verbal calisthenics remind me a lot of KC's. JMO

It is Misty's--not Jr's--alleged activities w which LE has a problem.

Physical evidence contradicts where Misty Cummings — then Misty Croslin — told detectives she was when the girl vanished, according to a news release Monday from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...arrowing_in_haleighs_disappearance_police_say

:parrot:

This is the biggest issue, LE claims to have proof she is lying about her activities. It is possible she doesn't know more, but it does not change the fact that they have proof she lied. It seems pretty simple; why would she lie unless she is trying to protect herself or someone else? If she didn't know something she would say she doesn't know, like on the Today show "why did you change your story?" "I don't know", she replied. Why don't the Cummings understand this basic concept and get mad at her? :eek:

IIRC Jr stated someone was bouncing or jumping on the couch then the black man came in and got Haleigh. Is there a possibility that Misty was "entertaining" someone,(willingly or not), fell asleep after and that person took Haleigh? This would explain her reluctance to explain to anyone her timeline for the evening, and why she seems to have an idea who did this. Just one of the crazy scenarios that cross my mind.

Thank you for posting - very interesting! My guess would be that Mark Nejame convinced TN to convince Misty to take these actions and this backed Misty into a corner. I've been wondering what his move would be and am sure he has been doing a great deal behind the scenes. Good strategy because it could lead to a break in the case. IMO, RC was using his brains in making no statement. Lets hope this leads to something!

Sorry Malesherbes, i didn't see that you posted this! Well this is certainly going to add pressure, I really hope there is a break very soon.

Being that LE stated that Misty is the key to the time line of that night AND that they felt there were inconsistencies in her story, I am not surprised to read that she failed three recent tests.

What I was surprised to read was the note on page 3 that Misty wrote in regards to taking the tests to clear her name. I know that she didn't finish high school but do we know what grade she actually made it to? I really feel that it should be a crime for parents to allow their children to quit school. Very sad indeed.

Being that LE stated that Misty is the key to the time line of that night AND that they felt there were inconsistencies in her story, I am not surprised to read that she failed three recent tests.

What I was surprised to read was the note on page 3 that Misty wrote in regards to taking the tests to clear her name. I know that she didn't finish high school but do we know what grade she actually made it to? I really feel that it should be a crime for parents to allow their children to quit school. Very sad indeed.

Per TN, 7th.

ITA & my understanding Misty quit in Grade 7. I wonder if it is too late for Prime News, JVM or Miss Nancy to cover it tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot