Misty C.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New here but I wanted to add my thoughts. I do not think that Misty did anything to Haleigh. I don't think she is involved or knows who took her. Her anguish on her face during the early interviews speaks volumes to me.

The cinder block doesn't seem staged to me at all. The man that broke in knew he had to carry out a small child and made it easier for him to flee by leaving the door propped. Or he may have discovered upon opening the door that it squeaked loudly and didn't want to risk the noise waking up Misty so instead of closing the door and having it squeak again he just propped it open. Either theory makes perfect sense to me. When I was young I used to sneak out of the house and the noises the doors make when you're trying to not get caught sound like blaring sirens!

These are simply my opinions.

I have a question, I'm sure it's been discussed but I never saw it. Misty is 17, would LE be required to have a parent/guardian present for her interviews? TIA

i've wondered about this too. i wonder if her statements so far will be admissable in court (if she's guilty).

New here but I wanted to add my thoughts. I do not think that Misty did anything to Haleigh. I don't think she is involved or knows who took her. Her anguish on her face during the early interviews speaks volumes to me.

The cinder block doesn't seem staged to me at all. The man that broke in knew he had to carry out a small child and made it easier for him to flee by leaving the door propped. Or he may have discovered upon opening the door that it squeaked loudly and didn't want to risk the noise waking up Misty so instead of closing the door and having it squeak again he just propped it open. Either theory makes perfect sense to me. When I was young I used to sneak out of the house and the noises the doors make when you're trying to not get caught sound like blaring sirens!

i don't know if she's guilty or not, but she might still look anguished if she had just killed a small child or atleast disposed of a body.

Just the fact that Teresa said...she is at HOME...was a red flag! Her home is with Ron! When the reporter still questioned this she in turn said no she is not here she is at HOME! Ron and Misty's home is still considered a crime scene, so that is not the HOME she is referring to! Makes me think that Ron and Misty are not a couple any longer???

I call Texas my home 100% because it is where I love to live and currently live. We are moving, sadly, and people say "where to" and I say "home" even though I despise where I am moving. It is where my parents live, in the same town "home" -- just used to calling it "home" when you grow up somewhere. I still refer to parents house as home. Just a habit. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there. But you could be right, they might have broken up.

I also want to say that I think Misty is innocent in the sense that I don't think her or RC had a personal hand in Hayleighs disappearane. Do I think her story might be off, yes. But I still stand by her own stupidity of being allegedlly being high, plain ole falling asleep irresponsibly with kids still awake or last leaving the kids home alone.

Do I think an associate or someone they knew could be responsible, YES. Do I think a SO could be responsible, sadly yes :(

Since I believe she is not is purposely lying. I agree with a PP I don't see her giving all this cooperation with LE, she hasn't lawyered up and quite frankly I am 30 years old and if this happend to me I am not sure I would be more along the lines of RC and if he is ying I am yang in comparison to our daily lives. I need to go back and find the case in Illinois where the father was wrongly convicted of kidnapping his child. It was a big hoopla etc etc.. But it can show how misguided the media can make things look.

Hi there....welcome, I agree with your opinions on the screen door. I have always thought that whoever came in knew the door was noisy so they propped it open. I disagree with a lot of posters on the board that think a lot should be made of Misti being "home". I think like another poster who said she prolly just needs a shower and some parental supervision. I know if this was going on in my 18 year old daughters life right now I wouldn't be a second out of her sight!

welcome...again!

AND the talk about Haleigh peeing herself and taking her clothes off is carp in my opinion. I have a teenager that doesnt put her things in a laundry basket when they're dirty, no way this 5 year old did. And no RSO undressed her in the house either. Fire away

My kids would put their dirty laundy in the laundry room when they were younger than 5.. now they still do only they put them in their own baskets in their rooms...:)

I'm trying to get caught up with all the information today, but think Misty going home is telling that she is no longer welcome with Ron. LE must be mainly focusing on Misty and her stories. I don't buy the blanket stories or the cousin story. Something's not right with either one, but I do believe Misty needs an adult around during her questioning since she is barely 17. It won't be too suprising if an attorney for her shows up pretty soon.

i've wondered about this too. i wonder if her statements so far will be admissable in court (if she's guilty).

i don't know if she's guilty or not, but she might still look anguished if she had just killed a small child or atleast disposed of a body.

Catch_22 Patty answered my question about a parent or guardian for Misty during LE interviews on the Q & A thread. She said not to quote her on it but she posted a video of an adult leaving with Misty from LE after interview.

I would really like to have a solid answer though. Just for my own curiosity about who's there when she's being interviewed and if that might keep her from making certain comments.

I'm trying to get caught up with all the information today, but think Misty going home is telling that she is no longer welcome with Ron. LE must be mainly focusing on Misty and her stories. I don't buy the blanket stories or the cousin story. Something's not right with either one, but I do believe Misty needs an adult around during her questioning since she is barely 17. It won't be too suprising if an attorney for her shows up pretty soon.

I read somewhere, and it is VERY POSSIBLE that LE actually asked them to separate. If LE thinks that either of them are in on this, they would separate them IMO. This will keep stories separate.

I read somewhere, and it is VERY POSSIBLE that LE actually asked them to separate. If LE thinks that either of them are in on this, they would separate them IMO. This will keep stories separate.

seems like a good idea.......i guess. probably would have been more effective if they did this from the beginning.

their stories couldn't get much simpler, though:

i was at work. i know nothing.

i was asleep. i know nothing.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html

(snips)
The family of a little Florida girl who apparently vanished while she was sleeping is afraid she was taken by a pedophile cousin.

"What we've been told is that he's a sexual pedophile," said Haleigh's mother Crystal Sheffield. The child's grandmother Teresa Neves said Croslin described him as a "jerk" and she was worried.

She (Misty*) has also reportedly told different stories to police and the media about the timing of her discovery that Haleigh was gone and where she and the child were the night the little girl disappeared.

*Misty's name added by me for clarification purposes.

So could it be possible that the sense we get that Misty is holding something back is the fact may be her cousin was in that house after 7 PM (the last time the children were seen by someone other than Misty)? Just a thought...feel free to tear it apart :)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html

(snips)
The family of a little Florida girl who apparently vanished while she was sleeping is afraid she was taken by a pedophile cousin.

"What we've been told is that he's a sexual pedophile," said Haleigh's mother Crystal Sheffield. The child's grandmother Teresa Neves said Croslin described him as a "jerk" and she was worried.

She (Misty*) has also reportedly told different stories to police and the media about the timing of her discovery that Haleigh was gone and where she and the child were the night the little girl disappeared.

*Misty's name added by me for clarification purposes.

Now here is a good example of crappy reporting. Crystal Sheffield was not at the presser. Crystal, Ron's sister was, and wasn't it her that said that?
:waitasec:

Maybe MC had him at the house. He left, she went to bed, Hayleigh is gone. Maybe cousin just showed up? RC didn't want cousin at house? And this is secret she is hiding???

Catch_22 Patty answered my question about a parent or guardian for Misty during LE interviews on the Q & A thread. She said not to quote her on it but she posted a video of an adult leaving with Misty from LE after interview.

I would really like to have a solid answer though. Just for my own curiosity about who's there when she's being interviewed and if that might keep her from making certain comments.

I tried to answer it too, on the other thread.

I call Texas my home 100% because it is where I love to live and currently live. We are moving, sadly, and people say "where to" and I say "home" even though I despise where I am moving. It is where my parents live, in the same town "home" -- just used to calling it "home" when you grow up somewhere. I still refer to parents house as home. Just a habit. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there. But you could be right, they might have broken up.

I also want to say that I think Misty is innocent in the sense that I don't think her or RC had a personal hand in Hayleighs disappearane. Do I think her story might be off, yes. But I still stand by her own stupidity of being allegedlly being high, plain ole falling asleep irresponsibly with kids still awake or last leaving the kids home alone.

Do I think an associate or someone they knew could be responsible, YES. Do I think a SO could be responsible, sadly yes :(

Since I believe she is not is purposely lying. I agree with a PP I don't see her giving all this cooperation with LE, she hasn't lawyered up and quite frankly I am 30 years old and if this happend to me I am not sure I would be more along the lines of RC and if he is ying I am yang in comparison to our daily lives. I need to go back and find the case in Illinois where the father was wrongly convicted of kidnapping his child. It was a big hoopla etc etc.. But it can show how misguided the media can make things look.

bolded~~ the illinois case was Riley Fox and her dad Kevin.(i believe his name is)

Maybe MC had him at the house. He left, she went to bed, Hayleigh is gone. Maybe cousin just showed up? RC didn't want cousin at house? And this is secret she is hiding???

It's also possible that the cousin showed up after being called to come help with something. If he were in the trailer visiting his fingerprints should be found and he and Misty may have been seen in the area. If the story about the cousin being there wasn't told from the very beginning, then something is wrong and there was an attempt to hide it for some reason other than just making Ron mad.

It's also possible that the cousin showed up after being called to come help with something. If he were in the trailer visiting his fingerprints should be found and he and Misty may have been seen in the area. If the story about the cousin being there wasn't told from the very beginning, then something is wrong and there was an attempt to hide it for some reason other than just making Ron mad.

if she told them from the beginning, then I'd hope FBI could have found him and questioned him back on day 1 or 2 not day 9 or 10.

Why didn't Misty tell about the cousin (she said brother, nephews and A/C man) that is from TN and a criminal on the first day?
Why does Ron say no gun, no fight?

Why didn't Misty tell about the cousin (she said brother, nephews and A/C man) that is from TN and a criminal on the first day?
Why does Ron say no gun, no fight?

i'd guess either LE asked them not to, or misty is just bringing him up as a diversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay