GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I bet 'the Pastor' has had some people scream at him.... I really don't think 'the Pastor' should be allowed to handle the funeral arrangements IMHO, with all we know... It was reported yesterday that when 'the Pastor' went to jail 'to pray' with Pierre Collins (who, 'the Pastor' reported is very upbeat and excited for trial...), Pierre Collins gave 'the Pastor' the right to handle the funeral ---- CAN'T SOMEBODY STOP THAT?
Unfortunately it seems PC is the legal father/guardian and has only been accused of murder. That doesn't strip him of his "parental rights." (IMO That feels wrong to say.) With that said who knows what the exact custody is.

Other than a plot twist in a horror story, I think the info is irrelevant in a murder case.

I sure as heck hope he's not planning to use that info as any sort of defense.

JMO

Where I'm from, killing a family member is a more serious offense, and carries a stiffer punishment. It brings an "aggravated" charge - but the US may be different.

You wonder how this couple survived monthly. I know food stamps, section 8 housing, some child support (her kids) and Medicaid. What were they doing for cash???

Back to the money issue, which I do think is key in this case. I'm not skilled at looking up court cases, but I can learn, and they are public record. So far, I've found a civil case from 2009 against Barlee C. Smith (which is another name PC used).

I looked it up at this site: http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx

The pastor had mentioned that PC had difficulty finding work because of criminal issues in his past. Surely it couldn't be this particular case? It has to be something else, I would think, rather than a civil case. The civil case I found (which is listed as "active") is a judgement for a rather small amount of money. It does show he doesn't have financial management skills if he let an issue like this go all the way to court.

JMO.

I checked the BCA criminal records today and didn't find anything under either name

I checked the BCA criminal records today and didn't find anything under either name

Wouldn't BCA records be from ALL 50 states in the USA, and international (or, is international 'INTERPOL') ???

SOME NEWS ABOUT BARWAY'S FUNERAL...

I just read that the main 'justiceforbarway' group has turned away from 'the Pastor'. The memorial service we are all to attend will be led by this person: Reverend Michael Phillips Anyone know who this minister is? - I looked online and can't find anyone really who it could be.

I couldn't find any criminal cases either, so not sure what the pastor was referring to. (SEE CORRECTION BELOW.) Perhaps some employers look up records and won't hire if there is a financial history like PC has....but, the cases really aren't anything more than non-payments, which is not good (of course!) but I can't imagine they would bar anyone from finding employment of some sort.

In the rent non-payment case, he was living with roommates at the time, so it wasn't just him that the judgement was against.

JMO.

Edited to make a correction! I swear I remember reading that the pastor said PC had a hard time finding a job because of his criminal past, but when I look for that article, I cannot find it. Instead I found a quote by the pastor stating the opposite, that PC did not have a felony record. That statement matches what we WS have also found - no felonies in PC's past. I wanted to make that correction. This article is useful: http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3757781.shtml

I just read that the main 'justiceforbarway' group has turned away from 'the Pastor'. The memorial service we are all to attend will be led by this person: Reverend Michael Phillips Anyone know who this minister is? - I looked online and can't find anyone really who it could be.

I have no clue, but I do dislike seeing controversy and division over a funeral. That's really a shame that people can't pull together for this. JMO.

The gps cell phones track us 'within a few inches to a couple feet', unless the phone is turned off or put in airplane mode. Because Pierre Collins was in the metro Minneapolis urban area, likely the police have his whereabouts pinpointed down to a matter of inches.

This is a 2015 gps phone tracking article excerpt:
What is GPS?

GPS stands for Global Positioning System. The system is made up of at least 24 satellites orbiting the Earth. The satellites communicate with specialized receivers on the ground, providing the exact position of the receivers. As of this writing, there are 31 operational satellites in the GPS constellation. Put in place by the US military starting in 1989, the GPS satellite constellation transmits a signal for its own use and a separate signal that anyone with the technological wherewithal is free to access. This has allowed manufacturers to integrate the technology into their products.
GPS satellites are constantly transmitting a signal toward the Earth, which includes their exact position and the precise time as measured by an atomic clock. Receivers pick up these transmissions, calculate how long it took the signal to reach them, and measure that against their own internal clock. By picking up a signal from at least 3 satellites, the device can then figure out exactly where it is using a process called trilateration: "If satellites are here, here, and here, I must be here." The only information that is actually transmitted by a GPS satellite is its trajectory, along with those of all the other satellites in use, and the exact time of the transmission. The receiver then uses this information to calculate its position in 3-dimensional space as a set of coordinates. .. Planar orbits are planned and maintained so that most areas around the globe are constantly in view of at least 4 satellites. The more satellites in view of a receiver, the more precise it is at detecting location. Under ideal conditions, a receiver's position can be calculated to within a few feet, if not a few inches. The accuracy of a GPS receiver can vary based on multiple factors beyond coverage, like sensitivity, sources of interference, and the kind of satellites in view.
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/category/gps+tracking/how+does+gps+tracking+work.do

This is from tmobile.com:
Satellite Location
Many newer mobile devices also contain a built-in Global Positioning Satellite (“GPS”) component (similar to navigation systems in automobiles). These GPS-enabled devices measure distances from various government-owned satellites to pinpoint the device location. Once the device identifies its own location, that information can be utilized by an application (e.g., a mapping program to provide driving directions) or it can be communicated to others (e.g., a social networking application that shares current location among friends) using the ordinary communication protocols of the device. GPS location data can be incredibly accurate – with precision measured within a few feet.

We need to remember that there was a reminder today that this fb group (and its info) is off limits. Just don't want any trouble with mods. [emoji6]

Snipped and BBM:

The gps cell phones track us 'within a few inches to a couple feet', unless the phone is turned off or put in airplane mode. Because Pierre Collins was in the metro Minneapolis urban area, likely the police have his whereabouts pinpointed down to a matter of inches.

I am flabbergasted by the accuracy of tracking PC's location through his cell phone. In a criminal case, it's obviously useful...but it does give me pause about how much we all can be tracked.

Perhaps my habit of misplacing my cellphone and leaving it at home isn't such a bad habit after all.

JMO.

Snipped and BBM:

I am flabbergasted by the accuracy of tracking PC's location through his cell phone. In a criminal case, it's obviously useful...but it does give me pause about how much we all can be tracked.

Perhaps my habit of misplacing my cellphone and leaving it at home isn't such a bad habit after all.

JMO.

This is off-topic, but I'm well aware of phone tracking. Kids are aware that parents can set up "find my phone" and so they take their phone to the library and hide it in a book shelf and go on about their merry way doing whatever they want to do, pick their phone back up on the way back home and dad thinks they spent the afternoon at the library. And for that very reason I DO have my phone with me all the time - so I can be found if need be!

This is off-topic, but I'm well aware of phone tracking. Kids are aware that parents can set up "find my phone" and so they take their phone to the library and hide it in a book shelf and go on about their merry way doing whatever they want to do, pick their phone back up on the way back home and dad thinks they spent the afternoon at the library. And for that very reason I DO have my phone with me all the time - so I can be found if need be!

BBM.

Spoken like a true WSer! :)

I couldn't find any criminal cases either, so not sure what the pastor was referring to. (SEE CORRECTION BELOW.) Perhaps some employers look up records and won't hire if there is a financial history like PC has....but, the cases really aren't anything more than non-payments, which is not good (of course!) but I can't imagine they would bar anyone from finding employment of some sort.

In the rent non-payment case, he was living with roommates at the time, so it wasn't just him that the judgement was against.

JMO.

Edited to make a correction! I swear I remember reading that the pastor said PC had a hard time finding a job because of his criminal past, but when I look for that article, I cannot find it. Instead I found a quote by the pastor stating the opposite, that PC did not have a felony record. That statement matches what we WS have also found - no felonies in PC's past. I wanted to make that correction. This article is useful: http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3757781.shtml
I read an article where the blonde ex wife said he has a felony too so I'm not convinced he doesn't have one, just strange that I can't find it. .....

Snipped and BBM:

JMO.

Well, evertime I tell google to find a place and get me there, it suuuure knows EXACTLY where I am and moves directly down that map with me. And its right! To the section of the street I am driving down.

Anyone know if Aldi's carries duct tape?<br/>

Normally one wouldn't expect Aldi would carry duct tape. Its a hit or miss item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay