DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYONE IS INVITED

April 19 (this upcoming Sunday)
3:30 p.m.
Cedarwood Apartments Community Room (Barwoods' home when he was alive...), Crystal, MN
(Just SW of the intersection of '81' and Bass Lake Road)
Celebration of Barway's Life
This event is sponsored by the apartment complex itself.

EVERYONE IS INVITED

April 19 (this upcoming Sunday)
3:30 p.m.
Cedarwood Apartments Community Room (Barwoods' home when he was alive...), Crystal, MN
(Just SW of the intersection of '81' and Bass Lake Road)
Celebration of Barway's Life
This event is sponsored by the apartment complex itself.
Is there a link? Would like to share.

Anyone know if Aldi's carries duct tape?

Good question. I was in that very Aldi's yesterday, midday I think. I do NOT think they sell duct tape now - I feel 99.999% sure about that - Aldi has a very limited selection except they seem to have 14 choices of toilet paper, I know not why :thinking: , but it must be a hot product... As I was checking out, a plain clothes police officer with badge on belt, gun in holster and what looked like a medium sized 'pad' computer device came in and asked for the manager. I happened to be right nearby:blushing: LOL I did not hear what was asked, but officer asked a question, manager (a kid) shook his head no and the officer very slowly (why?) left and seemed to dawdle standing in the parking lot, too. That Aldi is 'kiddy corner' to the apartment complex, about a 2 minute walk or drive from the apartment.

An aside: The staff at Aldi's work hard and earn their money!

Is there a link? Would like to share.

It's a poster put out in the apartment complex buildings. There is a pic' of the poster online, but I could not cut&paste it - don't know why that is, but sometimes that happens.

3515d5526be67ab0b9abd1562a439a28.jpg

Good question. I was in that very Aldi's yesterday, midday I think. I do NOT think they sell duct tape now - I feel 99.999% sure about that - Aldi has a very limited selection except they seem to have 14 choices of toilet paper, I know not why :thinking: , but it must be a hot product... As I was checking out, a plain clothes police officer with badge on belt, gun in holster and what looked like a medium sized 'pad' computer device came in and asked for the manager. I happened to be right nearby:blushing: LOL I did not hear what was asked, but officer asked a question, manager (a kid) shook his head no and the officer very slowly (why?) left and seemed to dawdle standing in the parking lot, too. That Aldi is 'kiddy corner' to the apartment complex, about a 2 minute walk or drive from the apartment.

An aside: The staff at Aldi's work hard and earn their money!

Thanks for the info, MinnesotaMary. Maybe the officer was asking if Aldi's carries duct tape :)

So, it seems that we can't really say that Pierre purchased duct tape at Aldi's when he went there the day of Barway's disappearance. They could've had tape in stock, but it seems unlikely.

I wonder what he did buy? PC was at Aldi's at noontime that day.

Thanks for the info, MinnesotaMary. Maybe the officer was asking if Aldi's carries duct tape :)

So, it seems that we can't really say that Pierre purchased duct tape at Aldi's when he went there the day of Barway's disappearance. They could've had tape in stock, but it seems unlikely.

Yeah, the officer went nowhere else (this particular Aldi's is in the middle of a little strip mall of about 10 businesses), so WSleuther I am, I thought, 'Hey, is this about Barway?'.:blushing:

I've wondered what Pierre Collins bought, too, because he was still 'out and about' for another hour and 1/2 or so, correct? Aldi just doesn't sell 'ready to eat' foods, so I am guessing Pierre Collins went to Aldi to: Browse through the Toilet Paper section !!:loveyou: JK (bad joke, for sure...) I'm sure the police know what he bought -- there are cameras EVERYWHERE around here - at store entries, around the stores interiors, many at the cash registers...)

One thing that is burning me up is that I saw a St. Paul Pioneer Press article and the writer said something like, 'It is believed Pierre Collins placed Barway's body in the sewage water container...' I think somebody should email or phone that reporter and say, 'HEY, it is DEEPLY FEARED that Pierre Collins duct-taped his little body and threw him ALIVE into that dirty water holding area....:gaah:

Yeah, the officer went nowhere else (this particular Aldi's is in the middle of a little strip mall of about 10 businesses), so WSleuther I am, I thought, 'Hey, is this about Barway?'.:blushing:

I've wondered what Pierre Collins bought, too, because he was still 'out and about' for another hour and 1/2 or so, correct? Aldi just doesn't sell 'ready to eat' foods, so I am guessing Pierre Collins went to Aldi to: Browse through the Toilet Paper section !!:loveyou: JK (bad joke, for sure...) I'm sure the police know what he bought -- there are cameras EVERYWHERE around here - at store entries, around the stores interiors, many at the cash registers...)

One thing that is burning me up is that I saw a St. Paul Pioneer Press article and the writer said something like, 'It is believed Pierre Collins placed Barway's body in the sewage water container...' I think somebody should email or phone that reporter and say, 'HEY, it is DEEPLY FEARED that Pierre Collins duct-taped his little body and threw him ALIVE into that dirty water holding area....:gaah:

I recall that statement that the body was in the container area, but that confuses me a little. That information is not in the Statement of Probable Cause, and the searchers found him in the river, not in that cistern/container area. So why does the Pioneer Press state he was in that section??

However, assuming for a moment that he was indeed in that container area, I'm wondering if the body was slid down that concrete chute I see emptying into the container? Perhaps that's why duct tape would be useful - to keep limbs from blocking the slide down? MinnesotaMary, could you see the top opening of the chute when you were there? Is it something PC could've accessed? Or does it open somewhere that isn't visible? If he did use the chute, that might explain why he wasn't overly wet when he went to Cub/TCF.

Speculation, JMO.

I recall that statement that the body was in the container area, but that confuses me a little. That information is not in the Statement of Probable Cause, and the searchers found him in the river, not in that cistern/container area. So why does the Pioneer Press state he was in that section??

However, assuming for a moment that he was indeed in that container area, I'm wondering if the body was slid down that concrete chute I see emptying into the container? Perhaps that's why duct tape would be useful - to keep limbs from blocking the slide down? MinnesotaMary, could you see the top opening of the chute when you were there? Is it something PC could've accessed? Or does it open somewhere that isn't visible? If he did use the chute, that might explain why he wasn't overly wet when he went to Cub/TCF. Speculation, JMO.

Aha - you have a misunderstanding. The concrete 'shute' is drainage from gutters - the murderer couldn't have thrown the body down the shute. Also, the round metal 'container' area has a somewhat small opening into the Mississippi River, and it is believed that, for whatever reason, that Saturday morning, little Barway's body 'jostled' out of the cistern opening and into the murky and quite shallow area of the Mississippi River right there, 10 feet or so from the 'opening' to the sewage/waste water metal container: The purpose of the round metal container area is so that when there is torrential rain or lots of fast-melting snow, the Mississippi River won't get 'hit' with all that h20 and sewage all at once - the erosion factor. When little Barway was found last Sunday midday, I walked on the other side of the River and stood right at the side of one of those round metal 'container' areas -- I had no idea at the time that Barway was found in such a location, or else I would have paid very close attention to what I saw. I do recall that the water in that round metal 'container', last Sunday, was fairly 'low' and 'still', and it was simple to be at the very edge of the container, and where I was, the metal container came up to my lower legs in the area I walked - I did deliberately 'take a peek' in it, just out of curiosity. It would be SIMPLE for an adult to throw a duct-taped bound child into that cistern, sad to say, but entirely true. Maybe somebody here who is tech' savvy can go to the actual murder/'child dumping' site on the west side of the Mississippi River and post us some pics' ?

However, assuming for a moment that he was indeed in that container area, I'm wondering if the body was slid down that concrete chute I see emptying into the container? Perhaps that's why duct tape would be useful - to keep limbs from blocking the slide down? MinnesotaMary, could you see the top opening of the chute when you were there? Is it something PC could've accessed? Or does it open somewhere that isn't visible? If he did use the chute, that might explain why he wasn't overly wet when he went to Cub/TCF. Speculation, JMO.

Aha - you have a misunderstanding. The concrete 'shute' is drainage from gutters - the murderer couldn't have thrown the body down the shute. Also, the round metal 'container' area has a somewhat small opening into the Mississippi River: The purpose of the round metal container area is so that when there is torrential rain or lots of fast-melting snow, the Mississippi River won't get 'hit' with all that h20 and sewage all at once - the erosion factor. When little Barway was found last Sunday midday, I walked on the other side of the River and stood right at the side of one of those round metal 'container' areas -- I had no idea at the time that Barway was found is such a spot or else I would have paid very close attention to what I saw. I do recall that the water, last Sunday, was fairly 'low' and 'still', and it was simple to be at the very edge of the container, and where I was, the metal container came up to my lower legs in the area I walked - I did deliberately 'take a peek' in it, just out of curiosity. It would be SIMPLE for an adult to throw a duct-taped bound child into that cistern, sad to say, but entirely true. Maybe somebody here who is tech' savvy and go to the murder/'child dumping' site and post us some pics' ?

However, assuming for a moment that he was indeed in that container area, I'm wondering if the body was slid down that concrete chute I see emptying into the container? Perhaps that's why duct tape would be useful - to keep limbs from blocking the slide down? MinnesotaMary, could you see the top opening of the chute when you were there? Is it something PC could've accessed? Or does it open somewhere that isn't visible? If he did use the chute, that might explain why he wasn't overly wet when he went to Cub/TCF.

Speculation, JMO.

Freeman says it in video http://www.startribune.com/local/west/299696271.html?page=1&c=

“We believe the father took him to the river and dumped him in a waste water, stormwater cistern, and he remained underwater for 24 days” before entering the river, Freeman said.

Aha - you have a misunderstanding. The concrete 'shute' is drainage from gutters - the murderer couldn't have thrown the body down the shute. Also, the round metal 'container' area has a somewhat small opening into the Mississippi River: The purpose of the round metal container area is so that when there is torrential rain or lots of fast-melting snow, the Mississippi River won't get 'hit' with all that h20 and sewage all at once - the erosion factor. When little Barway was found last Sunday midday, I walked on the other side of the River and stood right at the side of one of those round metal 'container' areas -- I had no idea at the time that Barway was found is such a spot or else I would have paid very close attention to what I saw. I do recall that the water, last Sunday, was fairly 'low' and 'still', and it was simple to be at the very edge of the container, and where I was, the metal container came up to my lower legs in the area I walked - I did deliberately 'take a peek' in it, just out of curiosity. It would be SIMPLE for an adult to throw a duct-taped bound child into that cistern, sad to say, but entirely true. Maybe somebody here who is tech' savvy and go to the murder/'child dumping' site and post us some pics' ?

Okay, thanks for the clarifying!

has the COD made public?
apologies if it has, this thread moves so fast!

This is off-topic, but I'm well aware of phone tracking. Kids are aware that parents can set up "find my phone" and so they take their phone to the library and hide it in a book shelf and go on about their merry way doing whatever they want to do, pick their phone back up on the way back home and dad thinks they spent the afternoon at the library. And for that very reason I DO have my phone with me all the time - so I can be found if need be!
I totally get this. I have Life360. If my SO goes offline I get mad at him. I want him to be able to track me so he can find me if I'm not where I'm supposed to be. kwim?

I'm immediately envisioned that he bought the baby food he intended to lie about later. But since he was also claiming milk, it seems less likely.

I think somebody should email or phone that reporter and say, 'HEY, it is DEEPLY FEARED that Pierre Collins duct-taped his little body and threw him ALIVE into that dirty water holding area....:gaah:
PC would not only have to be an unbelievably greedy , but would also have had to hate the child to do such a thing as evil as that.

My heart just sank, even imagining it. :(

Snipped and BBM:

I am flabbergasted by the accuracy of tracking PC's location through his cell phone. In a criminal case, it's obviously useful...but it does give me pause about how much we all can be tracked.

Perhaps my habit of misplacing my cellphone and leaving it at home isn't such a bad habit after all.

JMO.

If you read on here, it is amazing how much no one is tracked. I wonder where Big Brother was on so many of these cases.

As a case manager, I made home visits. I worked with a mom who regained custody of her child. I bought a few Christmas gifts for a child who stilled believed in Santa and she was going to go without gifts. The little girl never received her gifts. The presents were sold/traded to support her habit.

As a case manager, I made home visits. I worked with a mom who regained custody of her child. I bought a few Christmas gifts for a child who stilled believed in Santa and she was going to go without gifts. The little girl never received her gifts. The presents were sold/traded to support her habit.

That is incredibly sad. Thank you for your generous spirit.

Though, nothing in this particular case stands out to me as drug related. I think the murder has to with money, but not money for drugs. Are you seeing something I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member