MN MN - Brandon Swanson, 19, Marshall, 14 May 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah... I think Brandon may have made mention of someone he knew from school? Or his disappearance somehow fits into another related case?

Can anyone make an FOIA request for info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as potential perpetrators of foul play - assuming it wasn't someone totally random or unknown person - I have been thinking Israel Keyes. He was listed as in the west during that time period, but the Midwest around then, and given his patterns it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to make that trek. Nor would it be beyond Keyes' MO.

Does a FOIA request need to be made locally?

As far as potential perpetrators of foul play - assuming it wasn't someone totally random or unknown person - I have been thinking Israel Keyes. He was listed as in the west during that time period, but the Midwest around then, and given his patterns it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to make that trek. Nor would it be beyond Keyes' MO.

Does a FOIA request need to be made locally?

I believe an FOIA request has to be made within the country. I'm UK based so am not able to. If you're in the US you could absolutely have a go. I think more information would definitely raise awareness of this case and maybe cause people to come forward and help LE etc.

Hey, guys... I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge and request a FOIA. There is quite a bit of info they ask for. What questions/info would you like me to ask before I go through with this?

Random question: Brandon was young...is there a theory out there about a lovers quarrel? I know at this age being in a relationship can be a weird experience... Do we know of any girlfriends? And or people he may have been interested in?

Perhaps what condition the car was left in, i.e. doors open etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And maybe if any connections have been made to other disappearance/murder cases in the area?

Call logs? Voicemails left? Friends statements?

Since I was awake most of the night I started thinking over the possible scenario of someone following / stalking Brandon that night. But this doesn't seem very likely because Brandon was walking along the road for a while, so whoever it was seems they would have gotten him then, before he left the road, even before he called his parents. Also, if Brandon had seen a car it seems he would have mentioned it to his father.

So if it was foul play, it seems like it would almost had to have been random. The search dog followed his scent a long ways, to the river, passed the river and then lost it right before the next road. It was just gone. Where did he go? Did someone come along then and take him ? I guess I'd better go find that again and provide a link. Brb

https://en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/User:Jeff_Hasse/Missing_Person_Case_Study_--_Brandon_Swanson

Scroll down to the end of the last paragraph under the Thursday May 15, 2008 search.

" The dog was able to follow the trail until just shy of another gravel road" .

Although he does state the dog could just have been at the end of his "nose time" . I'm assuming they went back with another dog to try to pick up the scent from that point?

As a collective...what are the most important questions we could ask?

Thanks, Chuck! I would want to see the transcript his father recreated of their phone call, condition of his vehicle once found (what a search yielded), and the details of any search efforts in their entirety. And why he was switched to vicap.

Thanks, Chuck! I would want to see the transcript his father recreated of their phone call, condition of his vehicle once found (what a search yielded), and the details of any search efforts in their entirety. And why he was switched to vicap.

Wait, what do you mean, he was switched to VICAP? Was he classified differently earlier on ? Idk, TIA

Wait, what do you mean, he was switched to VICAP? Was he classified differently earlier on ? Idk, TIA

Not sure - I thought originally he was not listed under VICAP and then you discovered he was. So maybe the better wording would be knowing the criteria his case met that warranted a listing under VICAP.

Not sure - I thought originally he was not listed under VICAP and then you discovered he was. So maybe the better wording would be knowing the criteria his case met that warranted a listing under VICAP.

Oh, ok. I agree, I would like to know as well. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Would you guys be interested in doing a community podcast on this case? I live in Los Angeles, so it would be hard to reach out to folks in MN but just an idea to keep the dialogue going. I'm enjoying what Tim and Lance are doing with the Maura Murray case. This case would be a bit harder given the info we have to work with but we could dedicate episodes to theories and see where it goes. Would anyone be interested in doing this? I can record conversations over Skype and edit them.

Would you guys be interested in doing a community podcast on this case? I live in Los Angeles, so it would be hard to reach out to folks in MN but just an idea to keep the dialogue going. I'm enjoying what Tim and Lance are doing with the Maura Murray case. This case would be a bit harder given the info we have to work with but we could dedicate episodes to theories and see where it goes. Would anyone be interested in doing this? I can record conversations over Skype and edit them.

You should definitely do it!! Anything to keep Brandon in the public consciousness is a good thing. There's a podcast on maura murray, but for some reason I find Brandon's case a lot more infuriating and mysterious.

Since I was awake most of the night I started thinking over the possible scenario of someone following / stalking Brandon that night. But this doesn't seem very likely because Brandon was walking along the road for a while, so whoever it was seems they would have gotten him then, before he left the road, even before he called his parents. Also, if Brandon had seen a car it seems he would have mentioned it to his father.

So if it was foul play, it seems like it would almost had to have been random. The search dog followed his scent a long ways, to the river, passed the river and then lost it right before the next road. It was just gone. Where did he go? Did someone come along then and take him ? I guess I'd better go find that again and provide a link. Brb

https://en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/User:Jeff_Hasse/Missing_Person_Case_Study_--_Brandon_Swanson

Scroll down to the end of the last paragraph under the Thursday May 15, 2008 search.

" The dog was able to follow the trail until just shy of another gravel road" .

Although he does state the dog could just have been at the end of his "nose time" . I'm assuming they went back with another dog to try to pick up the scent from that point?

To the best of my recall the dog trailed for three miles and I dont think at that point they had another dog. I could be wrong, will need to listen to podcast again.

To the best of my recall the dog trailed for three miles and I dont think at that point they had another dog. I could be wrong, will need to listen to podcast again.

Thank you Onebest. That's my recall as well, yet they've conducted numerous searches since then up at least until last year. Idk, I wish the search guy would come back on and weigh in, maybe it would clear up some questions.
I'm sure you've already seen the blog, but I'll post the link again just in case. http://thesearchforbrandon.blogspot...0-05:00&max-results=15&start=30&by-date=false

I'm in LA too. Would love to help with a podcast!!

hey guys. I've created a subreddit specifically for Brandon's case. Might be a useful resource to share info and theories, etc. I made a similar one for Brandon Lawson, who vanished in Texas -- and it's been a great place to pool resources. Have a look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandonswanson/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing
Back