MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So if LE suspects he is in those deep ponds, how do they know? From the K9s tracking him around the ponds? Did they find his clothing or an item he had with him? If they detected a body down there with sonar, would they be certain it is his?
Don't think they have detected anything as of today. If they did, one would think they would be searching ponds. If they detected a body - any body - they would remove it and ID.

Don't think they have detected anything as of today. If they did, one would think they would be searching ponds. If they detected a body - any body - they would remove it and ID.
Thanks. Just trying to figure out why LE thinks he is in those ponds and have had boats and divers there multiple times this week.

I have not caught up with the last two pages as yet.
Thank you @InternetGhost91 & @lassy for your hard work and taking time out to look for Bryce, and for providing us with photo’s!

1. Did either of you go near where they found Bryce’s tie? Is there a photo of this area? And where his phone is said to have died?
2. Snipped by me:
I also did not observe anyone searching the water. I saw no boats or divers.
@InternetGhost91, do you think this is because they don’t believe he’s in the water? I’m baffled by this? JMO.

Agree that he could have gotten farther than what is expected. The search area is about 3mi x 1 mi. He could have followed the tracks, then left them at a point outside the search area. Tracks would have been easier to walk.
If this is the case, then I wonder why they are not searching further out than originally expected?

I have not caught up with the last two pages as yet.
Thank you @InternetGhost91 & @lassy for your hard work and taking time out to look for Bryce, and for providing us with photo’s!

1. Did either of you go near where they found Bryce’s tie? Is there a photo of this area? And where his phone is said to have died?
2. Snipped by me:

@InternetGhost91, do you think this is because they don’t believe he’s in the water? I’m baffled by this? JMO.
A few of the reports I read, said his tie was found along his route of travel. I thought somewhere it was said it was by his last phone call, but not positive.
I did try yesterday to go to the spot where he called his friends, but it was behind one of the industrial businesses backing up to a strip of woods. I could not get to that exact spot as many businesses had gates and fences. I did get close to it on the backside of the trees. The RR tracks run right behind the line of trees.
Not sure if InternetGhost91 was able to get to that spot.

Last edited:
I just happened to find a couple of K9 maps for Bryce out on the web while doing a search. I am not sure if I can share those on here. I would have guessed they would be securely locked down and general public could not access them. Has anyone else on here ever found something like that?
if these are from LE, can you post them? communications from LE seem to be fair game

If this is the case, then I wonder why they are not searching further out than originally expected?
Most search efforts the past couple of days looked to be around the ponds, but not in them. Last week lots of activity in the ponds. Seems to switch around, which makes me wonder if anyone has any idea where he is.

Last edited:
A few of the reports I read, said his tie was found along his route of travel. I thought somewhere it was said it was by his last phone call, but not positive.
I did try yesterday to go to the spot where he called his friends, but it was behind one of the industrial businesses backing up to a strip of woods. I could not get to that exact spot as many businesses had gates and fences. I did get close to it on the backside of the trees. The RR tracks run right behind the line of trees.
I walked the railroad tracks directly behind (west of) this spot today. In between the Yankee Doodle Road dead end/BCBS campus and the railroad tracks is Valley Acres Police Range (shooting range). It is not accessible to the public. There was an officer there using the shooting range.

I walked the railroad tracks directly behind (west of) this spot today. In between the Yankee Doodle Road dead end/BCBS campus and the railroad tracks is Valley Acres Police Range (shooting range). It is not accessible to the public. There was an officer there using the shooting range.
I want to clarify, it is not accessible to the public in a technical/legal sense, but it is fully accessible to a drunk person on foot. You can see it in one of the first 5 photos I posted yesterday. I did not search there, but I assume if he were there, the police would have found him. The sad irony if he is found later at their private shooting range.. JMO

Also many of the industrial areas/businesses had no trespassing signs, so I didn’t want to cross those. A drunk person would be passing through all those areas and not paying attention to signage:)

thanks for confirming. a map would be a great idea, i saw someone in another thread make one on google maps that was interactive. i can try to figure out how.

I keep trying to figure out the chances he made it past the ponds vs getting hung up in the brush before reaching them.
Little note:
Cell reception can be spotty on the refuge/state parks, the avenza app has maps for the refuge that can be used offline. Incredibly helpful when it gets darker earlier and earlier

-A worried Native American hiker who has seen too many from my community go missing ‍

I went out to search for a while today. I followed the train tracks southwest from Yankee Doodle toward Burnsville, nothing to report really. I didn’t see anyone else searching.

I did see a deer that had been killed and partially eaten by something. Coyotes? Could he have encountered an animal? We don’t have wolves around here AFAIK. Could a couple of coyotes be an issue for an adult human? If this were the case, you would think he would have been found. JMO

Could someone who was drunk have hopped a train? Do people still do this?
I've been wondering if there could have been an animal attack too. I live on one of the bluffs in Burnsville across the street from Black dog park, which is a part of the wildlife refuge. We face towards the water, and often noise is blocked by trees, but starting around October we could hear a lot more. At least two to three times a week we can hear things become lunch to coyotes or other predators. Even notably on the night that Bryce went missing, my husband and I were cooking outside at night, and we heard a eerie scream that we thought was a deer, that sounded like an animal under attack. There are a lot of people who live along the train tracks, I adopted one of the local Burnsville parks and so I see the back end of the train tracks between an Eagan and Burnsville. In theory, someone could have tried hopping a train, however by the time they are moving through Burnsville and eagan, they're usually going pretty fast.

One question I've had and I'm wondering if someone knows, does anyone know what the state of his mental health was? I hate to explore that, but I also know that intoxication can exacerbate mental health. In addition, he's about the age that especially in men different mental illnesses can suddenly emerge and present themselves. If that's the case I would then worry about being by the train tracks

Cougar spotted prowling in Twin Cities neighborhood - Bring Me The News

I've been wondering if there could have been an animal attack too. I live on one of the bluffs in Burnsville across the street from Black dog park, which is a part of the wildlife refuge. We face towards the water, and often noise is blocked by trees, but starting around October we could hear a lot more. At least two to three times a week we can hear things become lunch to coyotes or other predators. Even notably on the night that Bryce went missing, my husband and I were cooking outside at night, and we heard a eerie scream that we thought was a deer, that sounded like an animal under attack. There are a lot of people who live along the train tracks, I adopted one of the local Burnsville parks and so I see the back end of the train tracks between an Eagan and Burnsville. In theory, someone could have tried hopping a train, however by the time they are moving through Burnsville and eagan, they're usually going pretty fast.

One question I've had and I'm wondering if someone knows, does anyone know what the state of his mental health was? I hate to explore that, but I also know that intoxication can exacerbate mental health. In addition, he's about the age that especially in men different mental illnesses can suddenly emerge and present themselves. If that's the case I would then worry about being by the train tracks

Cougar spotted prowling in Twin Cities neighborhood - Bring Me The News
According to the below news report/article, the Eagan police chief did not suspect foul play or that he was in any mental health crisis.

According to the below news report/article, the Eagan police chief did not suspect foul play or that he was in any mental health crisis.

An animal attack would have meant a body would have been found by now. Coyotes avoid humans, and the only other animals around are humans. His mental state was that he was very heavily intoxicated. Attempting to hop a train in a drunken state would have probably killed him. Tracks have been searched. There are homeless in the area, although maybe not exactly where he entered.

An animal attack would have meant a body would have been found by now. Coyotes avoid humans, and the only other animals around are humans. His mental state was that he was very heavily intoxicated. Attempting to hop a train in a drunken state would have probably killed him. Tracks have been searched. There are homeless in the area, although maybe not exactly where he entered.
Heavily intoxicated, but so intoxicated that he walked the streets and lots of the industrial area for a half an hour, FaceTimed his friends for 12 minutes, and shared his location? I think that FaceTime call is key to knowing how drunk he really was. Then he walked for how much longer through trees, on RR tracks, through heavy brush, weeds, and burrs without falling or just laying down to rest? Then around all those ponds? In the dark no less. Did he yell for help anywhere along the way? If so, did anyone hear him? Did he fall and cut himself along the way, and stop at the ponds to wash off and fell in? Was anyone partying at those ponds that night. I did see some garbage and camp chair covers next to those ponds. The homeless encampment is not far. The Greenway Trailhead lot/park is very close to those ponds and right next to Highway 13. Was anyone there? Guessing that area would be lighted at night. Has LE searched that area or did they stop around the ponds because they seem to think he is in the ponds? So many other considerations IMO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back