GUILTY MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, Apr 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
CTV referred to the father’s testimony as “bookending” the prosecution case.
Mother at beginning, girlfriend center , father at the end. During the father’s testimony they showed Daunte’s photo with his child.
I felt it was important for the father to speak about father-son relationships in the Wright family. Daunte’s child will be affected.
Just my take away.

MOO

Nevermind. It was mean, and I take it back.

I realize few here following but 12/17 should be good as last two witnesses for defense...one of them is Kim Potter. Not too often in a case like this do we hear from the defendant. Starts at 9am C time.

I realize few here following but 12/17 should be good as last two witnesses for defense...one of them is Kim Potter. Not too often in a case like this do we hear from the defendant. Starts at 9am C time.
In a case like this the Defendant really needs to testify. She will get grilled on cross, but she has to get her story to the jury. I'm not surprised if she testifies. Mohommed Noor, the Minneapolis officer that shot Justine Damond testified at his trial.

Can you post a link when it's starting tomorrow? TY!!

I thought the former chief of police who testified today was excellent. IMO they lost a good man when they forced him to resign because he refused to fire her immediately rather than wait to get all the facts and give her due process.

I thought the former chief of police who testified today was excellent. IMO they lost a good man when they forced him to resign because he refused to fire her immediately rather than wait to get all the facts and give her due process.
I agree...he was very impressive and his last comment about not being someone who you can get to say things that you don't agree with was strong. The whole case was a rush to quiet the community without regard for the facts.

This expert really does not want to be locked into just yes or no answers. I can’t say I’d blame him, or try to do any differently, because he seems to be seeking a lot of clarification on their questions before answering.
A lot of semi-complex (explaining a situation and asking about one acting “impatiently or impulsively” & if that affects one’s choices and actions)….then he says he does not think acting impulsively is synonymous with acting impatiently because he thinks impatience implies a sense of not wanting to wait around. Very interesting to listen to this testimony

On cross …I think the prosecutor is taking this witness to task. He is well known to be very affiliated with law enforcement (which could be prejudice) prosecutor lists all the many hats this witness wears with law enforcement.
Expert on CTV says: This is why law enforcement has their own interpretation expert when the world does not agree with them.

MOO

KP crying seemed faux IMO.
The - I can’t remember- defense is interesting.
Glad her remarks are on tape.
She was not concerned at all for the man she shot….just concerned for herself.

MOO

Do you think every doctor or nurse who makes a deadly mistake (and many mistakes are made) should go to prison?

I think this is a very valid comparison. Let’s say a nurse comes in to administer a medication, is in a rush because there are many patients needing help, and accidentally gives the wrong drug. The patient dies. The nurse didn’t mean to give the wrong medicine. If the nurse had checked carefully, it would’ve been obvious it was the wrong medicine. This happens all the time, yet the nurse isn’t charged with a criminal act. I’m not sure how this is all that different. If anything, a police officer using a gun instead of a taser by mistake is more understandable because there’s a level of safety concern for the officer that’s not present with the nurse.

Mistakes happen. If we expect officers to be held to a standard of never making a mistake or spending the rest of their life in prison, good luck finding good men and women to protect us as a society.

Oddly, IMO, it seems the ones who expect zero mistakes from police are the ones who scream the loudest when there aren’t an officers coming to their rescue.

Last edited:
WEll UP to today was thinking she would walk. Media locally has been quite sure KP would be a great witness..very likeable and well spoken. I am not finding that at all...the direct glossed over so much and now the cross is getting at many things that make Potter look bad. To a point she is sympathetic but not as much as I expected and comes across as arrogant and angry. She is not doing herself any favors.

As someone said 'I think the general public have no idea what it is like to be a police officer. " I'm very pro BLM, and am convinced that there are more than just a few bad apples in the police forces, but I would give this officer the lowest possible sentence. She obviously had no wrong intent. She was in a stressful situation where things happened very quickly. Yes, she made a deadly mistake, but her punishment is already very severe. What good will it do to have her sitting in jail for years on end? My Dad became 60% blind because of a negligent opthalmologist who never tested him for or identified that he had glaucoma. Then he (a very healthy man) died at age 68 due to a series of mistakes made by two experienced surgeons during and shortly after a very routine surgery. Reprimands is all they got. They never got charged. They never had to face a jury. It reminds me of the inequity here, where a nurse can make serious med errors in a hospital with few repercussions whereas someone in a Group Home with no medical training is fired on the spot for a rather harmless med error. I'd give the officer a 2-year sentence and that's that.

Do you think every doctor or nurse who makes a deadly mistake (and many mistakes are made) should go to prison?

I think this is a very valid comparison. Let’s say a nurse comes in to administer a medication, is in a rush because there are many patients needing help, and accidentally gives the wrong drug. The patient dies. The nurse didn’t mean to give the wrong medicine. If the nurse had checked carefully, it would’ve been obvious it was the wrong medicine. This happens all the time, yet the nurse isn’t charged with a criminal act. I’m not sure how this is all that different. If anything, a police officer using a taser by mistake is more understandable because there’s a level of safety concern for the officer that’s not present with the nurse.

Mistakes happen. If we expect officers to be held to a standard of never making a mistake or spending the rest of their life in prison, good luck finding good men and women to protect us as a society.

Oddly, IMO, it seems the ones who expect zero mistakes from police are the ones who scream the loudest when there aren’t an officers coming to their rescue.
As someone said 'I think the general public have no idea what it is like to be a police officer. " I'm very pro BLM, and am convinced that there are more than just a few bad apples in the police forces, but I would give this officer the lowest possible sentence. She obviously had no wrong intent. She was in a stressful situation where things happened very quickly. Yes, she made a deadly mistake, but her punishment is already very severe. What good will it do to have her sitting in jail for years on end? My Dad became 60% blind because of a negligent opthalmologist who never tested him for or identified that he had glaucoma. Then he (a very healthy man) died at age 68 due to a series of mistakes made by two experienced surgeons during and shortly after a very routine surgery. Reprimands is all they got. They never got charged. They never had to face a jury. It reminds me of the inequity here, where a nurse can make serious med errors in a hospital with few repercussions whereas someone in a Group Home with no medical training is fired on the spot for a rather harmless med error. I'd give the officer a 2-year sentence and that's that.
I wouldn’t give her prison time at all. If prison is where she belongs, it’s where nurses and doctors belong for every fatal mistake they make as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back