GUILTY MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, Apr 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just mentioned she will be sentenced on the more serious Man1 and minimum is 7 there. I could not believe that Gray wanted her home for the holidays? Was he serious? And then no flight risk when she moved to Florida??????Sorry but this is justice.Good for Judge Chu. Gray sounds unhinged and should retire. He will be representing some of the other officers in Chauvin trial and if I were them I might find someone else fast...both Engh and Gray are awful.

just mentioned she will be sentenced on the more serious Man1 and minimum is 7 there. I could not believe that Gray wanted her home for the holidays? Was he serious? And then no flight risk when she moved to Florida??????Sorry but this is justice.Good for Judge Chu. Gray sounds unhinged and should retire. He will be representing some of the other officers in Chauvin trial and if I were them I might find someone else fast...both Engh and Gray are awful.

I thought Gray was obnoxious, trying too hard to be folksy, but figured his style could appeal to some jurors. And the constant mouth sounds, ugh.

I thought Gray was obnoxious, trying too hard to be folksy, but figured his style could appeal to some jurors. And the constant mouth sounds, ugh.
He objected 7 times during the prosecutions closing arguments and was over ruled each time. The judge seemed to get increasingly annoyed with his objections.

Sorry Kim. Not sorry. Glad her bail was revoked. RIP DW!
Good to see you on this thread!
Interesting behavior of KP when verdict read.
No tears. Taking her jewelry off.
She got it right on the body cam. She knew straight away she was going to do some time. Her lawyer was horrible. I think the idiot-use of force- road they went down was so obvious and CRUEL with all the victim blaming.
Juries do not like that IMO.

MOO

I thought she may have gotten bail. I wonder how heavy sentencing will be ? 20-25 ??

I didn't like the defense team at all. I didn't like Kim Potter's demeanor on the stand. But, I also don't like fleeing criminals. (That's not victim shaming/blaming but just plain fact). But, that being said... I'm not in favor of them being shot/killed. I am curious if she will be sentenced to more than 15 years. 'Guess we will find out in February.

Glad to see this verdict. She was an officer for 26 years and was a training officer. No excuses for mistaking her weapons.

MOO

ETA: Her defense was awful.
ETA II: I don't think it would have mattered if she had a stellar atty, though.

I didn't like the defense team at all. I didn't like Kim Potter's demeanor on the stand. But, I also don't like fleeing criminals. (That's not victim shaming/blaming but just plain fact). But, that being said... I'm not in favor of them being shot/killed. I am curious if she will be sentenced to more than 15 years. 'Guess we will find out in February.

Mixed reaction as I watch the bands play and the celebrations at government center by the Wright group. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Then again----By shooting a gun or a taser into a vehicle that was running, and the driver in the driver's seat ,was risky and against policy. She knew she would incapacitate the person controlling the vehicle that was clearly attempting to take off. That's thousands of pounds of metal on the loose with no one controlling it. That's why officers aren't suppose to do it. She made the deliberate and conscious decision to do that. JMO

And it did lead to a car crash here, so I see your point.

Last edited:
The mostly white jury deliberated for about 27 hours over four days before finding former Brooklyn Center officer Kim Potter guilty of first-degree and second-degree manslaughter. Potter, 49, faces about seven years in prison on the most serious count under the state’s sentencing guidelines, but prosecutors said they would seek a longer term.

Kim Potter guilty of manslaughter in Daunte Wright's death

Be interesting to hear their arguments for the unnecessary longer term. (Sounds political)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSMEITH1
Back