MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the prosecuting attorney, I would drive a police car right into the courtroom, throw open the truck, point to the oxygen tank and mask, and ask "What is this for?". I probably would not last in the job. I am having a hard time watching any of this trial. So many bystanders tried to change this horrible outcome. Why were they ignored?????

I've been watching this one: It's pretty good.

and Cathy isn't tweeting much.... but I keep looking over there! :)

Same feed here! Had to do rl, and am late back to feed and 12 minutes behind y'all live.

What is great about YouTube I can catch up by putting on the settings 1.5x speed playback.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
6m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Defense attorney Eric Nelson now with cross-examination of eyewitness/MMA fighter Donald Williams. He is asking about wrestling and MMA weight classes.

Nelson asks Donald Williams about his pro record. He has 6 wins, 6 losses.

Williams fighting name is - Donald "The Deathwish" Williams.

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

different perspective - another tweeter... since Cathy isn't doing much.

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
2h
Good morning. Donald Williams will return to the stand this morning for more direct examination by the state. He testified yesterday about his wrestling career, working private security and his mixed martial arts training @LawCrimeNetwork

Williams said when he happened upon the scene outside Cup Foods, he stood and watched for a time - as a security person would. Then he started to see what was going on. He said he saw Chauvin holding Floyd in a "blood choke" and that Chauvin "shimmied" his knee and leg -

moving to get a better angle on the "blood choke". Williams says shimmying gives a person a better hold/angle.

Matthew Frank: "Did you think based on your training and experience that this looked like a blood choke? Donald Williams: “That is correct.”
Frank: “And did you say that to the officer?”

Williams: “That is correct..."

Williams: “He looked at me right here inly time he looked up and dead in my eyes and he acknowledged it.” Tune into @LawCrimeNetwork
on YouTube, @peacockTV
, sling, Cincinnati Bell Fioptics ch. 676 to watch

link: https://twitter.com/Angenette5

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
8m
#DerekChauvinTrial - You can see wording on the t-shirt/undershirt Williams is wearing. It appears to be a Black Lives Matter t-shirt. (Can make out BLACK) If it's noticeable to the jury, that could be a violation of judge's order.

Nelson concentrating his questioning on Williams' experience with chokeholds. Asking if he's seen someone go unconscious and then come back conscious and continue to fight. He said it happened to him but he has no memory of it, was told in the locker room.

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9
·
4m
Nelson tries to score some points getting Donald Williams to admit he has never gone to MPD or any other law enforcement training program on use of chokeholds. Williams previously testified he is expertly trained in chokeholds thru his MMA & fighting vocation.

Nelson asked Williams if he has ever had to compete in front of a crowd that is "upset?" Williams swats the question back at defense, answering, yes he knows how to deal w/ distraction & remain professional regardless of what is going on around him.

link: https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9

Very interesting question by defense atty, especially after watching that video I just posted.

He gives a scenario to Williams as to how referees in (verbatim here)....

"Q.......MMA fights, when someone is in a submission hold will come and pick up the persons arm to see if they are conscious or unconscious, right?"

A: That's Correct

Q: That's a way of determining whether or not the fight is over......

WHOA!!!! That is EXACTLY what we say Lane do multiple times with his leg on body camera, he lifted it and dropped it. I wouldn't have thought of such, but just watched it two hours ago.

Last edited:
IMO Defense implying witness contributed to/part of cause of distracting and aggravating officers. Look at him, not my client. Look at these bad things he said.
As if witness had responsibility in victim's death

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
3m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Nelson asking Williams if he was angry at officers on the scene. Williams says, no, not angry. He said he was maintaining professionalism. Nelson going over things Williams shouted at police, Williams responds with, "You watched the video."

·
1m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Nelson on the things Williams was saying to police, "Those terms grew more and more angry, right?" Williams, "It grew more and more pleading for his life."

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9
·
1m
Nelson working so hard to establish Williams as growing angrier & angrier on that sidewalk as he watched officers pin #GeorgeFloyd to the ground. In opening statements yesterday, defense claimed bystanders turned the scene into a tense & stressful situation.

link: https://twitter.com/PaulBlume_FOX9

So, Williams was yelling/shouting for them to stop and help GF, and that's supposed to be a bad thing? I think yelling/shouting for 9 minutes and 29 seconds is not quite as bad as um.... kneeling on a handcuffed man's neck.

IMO

IMO I think it speaks volumes that Mr Williams is staying very calm and composed under cross examination. He’s not easily rattled when challenged. Defense attorney failed to work him up to “anger”. He seems to have a kind and compassionate soul.

The bystanders were causing a fuss because a man was being killed infront of their eyes by a law enforcement officer. They must have felt completely helpless to do anything in fear of getting pepper sprayed or a gun pulled on them. They probably couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. What more could they do other than use their voices? If they made a lunge towards DC and Floyd they’d have been tasered or worse.. JMO

I'm surprised there haven't been more objections.

Perhaps because they (the State) realizes that many on the jury are like many of us have discussed here... that they would have yelled and screamed and even perhaps bum rushed the officer. That the officer wasn't responding to their pleas.... and jurors may be thinking of what they would have thought to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24