GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, although GF had a normal oxygen level in his blood, it was not getting to the brain, thus resulting in asphyxia.

Using Nelson's chocolate chip cookie recipe analogy, if one of the ingredients is sitting over there on the counter and doesn't get into the recipe, it won't work.

JMO
So no blocked airway. Just blocked blood flow to brain.

Above BBM

IMO, if any juror has a doubt at this point, it's an unreasonable doubt. Based upon the State's evidence, I believe the State has proven all three charges beyond any reasonable doubt.

IMO, DC is guilty of all three charges.
I expect this jury will vote guilty on all charges. I think that the defense has raised reasonable doubt. JMO

Nelson is coloring outside the 9 minutes and 29 seconds! He has no other choice because there’s no justification for that! If he tries to justify it he loses all credibility with the jury!

IMO, although GF had a normal oxygen level in his blood, it was not getting to the brain, thus resulting in asphyxia.

Using Nelson's chocolate chip cookie recipe analogy, if one of the ingredients is sitting over there on the counter and doesn't get into the recipe, it won't work.

JMO

If he has oxygen and it's not getting to his brain.. that is a heart problem not pumping it there. *** not saying that is what happened here, just saying that is the counter argument without a good explanation.

THIS is why I think Blackwell should have had Tobin explain it better last week. IMO they were so on edge, trying not to cause a mistrial that he just wanted Tobin off the stand.

If he has oxygen and it's not getting to his brain.. that is a heart problem not pumping it there. *** not saying that is what happened here, just saying that is the counter argument without a good explanation.

THIS is why I think Blackwell should have had Tobin explain it better last week. IMO they were so on edge, trying not to cause a mistrial that he just wanted Tobin off the stand.
And that's the exact reason why I feel there's reasonable doubt in this case. JMO

I want to hear the 911 call from Cup Foods. All of this force and whatnot and even taking someone into full blown custody over a fake bill seems odd to me. I used to work in a liquor store, and we had fake bills come in all the time. We’ve had to call police about it, but not once did I ever see the cops come up to the person that gave us the fake money have their gun drawn. One guy even wasn’t complying, and they didn’t act this way towards that person. So why did these cops seem to roll up with some preconceived notion?

And that's the exact reason why I feel there's reasonable doubt in this case. JMO

IMO Nelson is doing a bit better now than during the questioning of the State's and his own witnesses. Not sure if he will, but I think he could get one juror to have some reasonable doubt at the end of this. The set up of "what does Officer Chauvin see and hear and observe when he show up before doing anything" is helping lay his foundation I think.

I went into this trial fully believing Chauvin was guilty of the maximum charges. After watching the testimony and looking a the evidence I'm not so sure. The jury instructions will be critical for me. I still believe Chauvin is guilty of something but I have reasonable doubt he is guilt of the highest charges based on how those are defined.

I have been trained in CPI extensively, more years that I can count. I could do it in my sleep. I did not see one iota that GF's care, safety and welfare was considered. There was so much that could have been done to diffuse the escalation. It was not done!

Nelson brought up a great point about what DC saw when he arrived on the scene. He even waits for awhile before assisting the other officers. Reasonable.

I’m not sure how much weight that will or should be given.

IMO Nelson is doing a bit better now than during the questioning of the State's and his own witnesses. Not sure if he will, but I think he could get one juror to have some reasonable doubt at the end of this. The set up of "what does Officer Chauvin see and hear and observe when he show up before doing anything" is helping lay his foundation I think.
But he assaulted him and caused him death.. so to me what happened when he first rolled up doesn’t really change it. He was mocking George when he had him on the ground. He stayed on him after he died. He threw him on the gurney like a dead sack of potatoes like his life didn’t matter.

Though I don't think Nelson mentioning Chauvn trained one of the offficers on the scene helps his client, because we have multiple instances of them asking to do something differently, to reposition GF, etc.
Will be curious to see if he keeps bringing that training piece up later.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Defense closing: Police officers have to take in a lot of factors that you may not think of. A reasonable police officer takes into consideration safety of civilians, safety of the person arrested, how close am I to a hospital..

Nelson.jpg

Nelson: What would a reasonable officer know at the time of dispatch? Analysis begins at 8:02:13. Male provided counterfeit bill...sitting on top of a blu Mercedes....appears this person is under the influence.

Dispatch.jpg

Nelson: Lane & Kueng arrive first. Then Chauvin & Thao get a call that officers need assistance.

Nelson: Chauvin hears from dispatch at 8:11:02 - "taking one out" meaning taking person out of vehicle. Then at 8:12:21 it's a code 4. Nelson pointing out how quickly the scenario changes back and forth.

Swuad.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

But he assaulted him and caused him death.. so to me what happened when he first rolled up doesn’t really change it. He was mocking George when he had him on the ground. He stayed on him after he died. He threw him on the gurney like a dead sack of potatoes like his life didn’t matter.
Oh I totally agree with you, his later actions are not absolved or explained away just by what he saw and observed when he showed up.

Hardly.
He is showing it from a camera from the opposite side, not the side from which ex Officer Chauvin is approaching the vehicle.

I know quite a few law enforcement officers in my town. Even one that was killed in the line of duty a few years back. The ones I know would definitely try to de-escalate the situation. They would ask the perp why they couldn’t breathe and why they were resisting.
Floyd didn’t want to go in the CAR. He wasn’t resisting to hurt them. He was resisting because of the CAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024