GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into this trial fully believing Chauvin was guilty of the maximum charges. After watching the testimony and looking a the evidence I'm not so sure. The jury instructions will be critical for me. I still believe Chauvin is guilty of something but I have reasonable doubt he is guilt of the highest charges based on how those are defined.
How about manslaughter?

I think a reasonable Officer would realize GF is panicking being forced into that car.
And a reasonable officer would have seen he’s clearly panicking and needs medical assistance. He was clearly freaking out and in full blown panic attack mode (I know from personal experience of having severe panic attacks) so they should have offered him medical assistance at that point.

I have been trained in CPI extensively, more years that I can count. I could do it in my sleep. I did not see one iota that GF's care, safety and welfare was considered. There was so much that could have been done to diffuse the escalation. It was not done!

Agreed. I have been trained umpteen times in CPR for the Professional Rescuer. There was no care given. In fact, Chauvin et al failed to do as they were trained. One man asked about putting him on his side SO even if Chauvin had blanked on what to do (it happens, at times) he had a reminder of the standard of care and had a duty to provide it.

I know quite a few law enforcement officers in my town. Even one that was killed in the line of duty a few years back. The ones I know would definitely try to de-escalate the situation. They would ask the perp why they couldn’t breathe and why they were resisting.
Floyd didn’t want to go in the CAR. He wasn’t resisting to hurt them. He was resisting because of the CAR!
Resisting none the less.

Resisting none the less.
There is a difference between resisting to cause harm or injury to the officers, and resisting for full blown panic. If I was trying to be shoved into the back of a cop car, after having a gun in my face, over a fake $20 bill, and I was treated like that when I wasn’t trying to hurt the cops.. there’d be hell to pay.

George was complying when he was sitting on the street. He didn’t start fighting until they tried to put him in the car.

Agreed. I have been trained umpteen times in CPR for the Professional Rescuer. There was no care given. In fact, Chauvin et al failed to do as they were trained. One man asked about putting him on his side SO even if Chauvin had blanked on what to do (it happens, at times) he had a reminder of the standard of care and had a duty to provide it.
Exactly. I have had much CPR training as well. Crisis Intervention here in Canada is called CPI. Many a time verbal continuum has worked and many a time it quickly progressed to a Physical Restraint with a Team Partner. I am tiny and have done approved restraints many times. No gun, no taser, no handcuffs at our ready. Just a panic button to push to alert LE. I am disgusted and horrified by this.

It must be agony for Mr. Floyd's family to see these snippets of him with a lawyer looking at the individual actions of the officer/killer and justifying to imply that Mr. Floyd is responsible for his death.

He's been like that from the outset, he gets so bogged down in elements he does not fully understand.
His face fell a million times while State was summarising.
As if somebody had taken all his toys away... he was nearly crying .. all just my humble impression...
Jury is well used to him now.
State has fully proven their case and did it from the outset in a coherent manner.
This feels more like gaslighting.
Nobody likes that.

Oh dear, Nelson is discussing elevation of maximum restraint in the live feed.. and Nelson is saying "should we elevate the use of force".

Yeppers, the did Mr. Nelson... 3 people on back is elevation of the hobble on the side.

He is saying "reasonable police officers" discussed actions.. and would call EMS... that a suspect risk would continue.

It must be agony for Mr. Floyd's family to see these snippets of him with a lawyer looking at the individual actions of the officer/killer and justifying to imply that Mr. Floyd is responsible for his death.
I wouldn’t be able to sit there quietly and listen. I’ve almost thrown my remote and anything close to me at my tv multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08