Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Yeah, gonna wait for some ME quotes in MSM. No COD tells me they haven't even determined if he drowned or not. If he didn't, that is obviously suspicious.

Edit: sometimes it is like the squinting of the eyes when faced with information somewhat expected but no less troubling can intercept that little throb in the heart. I think we all knew Henry was deceased, but it is still a sad revelation. RIP Henry and may we all find answers for you and your loved ones!

I think he did drown and not on accident. Not after hearing those messages do I think he died on accident.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I think he did drown and not on accident. Not after hearing those messages do I think he died on accident.

The fact he was found in a lake wasn't at all surprising. It is frustrating that he wasn't found sooner and when he was, it was by some poor bloke out kayaking. I wonder why that lake was not scanned when it was so close to the search area, or if it was, is it that the body was so close to the shoreline?

I wish we knew just a little more about the finding - how close was it to the edge? Had it been fully submerged at one point or was there indication it was always just partly submerged? Where in the lake was it found?

A body any more than a few feet from the edge can't get there without being thrown or dropped off a boat.
A partially submerged body would indicate an accident more than a dump or drowning.
Being found just off the north shoreline could indicate he walked into the lake by accident compared to being found along the wooded edge near the convenient car park, etc...

This isn't the first time an intoxicated person walked into a lake, creek, or river and drown. It seems this was accidental, although the cell phone message sure is weird for a person drowning. And, what about the, "Stop it?"

although the cell phone message sure is weird for a person drowning. And, what about the, "Stop it?"

That's why I don't think it was an accident.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I hope they search that lake for his phone if it wasn't found on his body.

RIP Henry. My condolences for those that loved him.

This has certainly been a strange case, I hope the family gets some answers as to what happened.

Something we're probably all wondering. Will the kayaker get the $10,000 reward? After it was withdrawn, was it re-instated?

I'm suspicious. I'm wondering what part of the lake he was found in. I just have a nagging feeling in my gut. RIP Henry

I'm not usually a suspicious person, but I don't understand why he would go to that lake for suicide or to get home. To get there, he would most likely have to walk right past either Spring Lake or Long Lake.

MOO

Just saw the news and came here. RIP Henry. The voice mails sure do give me pause that this was purely an accident.

The recording sounded like garbling to me where they thought it was growling. In light of him being found in the lake I do think it's possible he was drowned.

If someone is pushing your head into water to drown you, you are clawing, fighting, grabbing whatever to get out of the situation. I could see the phone not being wet enough to shut down at the beginning and middle of the fight. Or if someone was drowning you indoors (ie, sink, tub) it might not get very wet at all, IMO. Assuming the phone was in a pants or jeans pocket, of course.

I'm not usually a suspicious person, but I don't understand why he would go to that lake for suicide or to get home. To get there, he would most likely have to walk right past either Spring Lake or Long Lake.

MOO

H was very intoxicated, so much that his friend took his wallet so H could not buy more drinks. I don't think suicide was on the agenda.

I know the voice message is strange but I do think he fell in the lake and couldn't get out. Maybe got stuck in the reeds and was not submerged straight away, then called his wife in a panic. People say weird things when scared and in a panicked state, add very intoxicated to that and anything can happen!
I've walked home drunk many times, sometimes more than ten kms, never took the shortest route and always ended up lost!

MOO!!

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/news/state/3875625-no-signs-foul-play-missing-man-case-police-say

The Ramsey County medical examiner’s office, which identified the body, reported that the death does not appear to be suspicious, according to New Brighton police. No signs of trauma or foul play were found during the autopsy.

The actual quote was:

Police Chief Thomas Kinney said the medical examiner "hasn't detected any sign of obvious trauma or anything to indicate something more suspicious than what we know at this point."

New Brighton police conducted a ground search near where the body was found and also searched the shoreline of Rush Lake via boat but found nothing that could be considered evidence.

Sad news of a preventable death. Sympathy to his wife and children. May the community help them as much as they are able.

So the thinking is drunk accident?

If that's the case I'd like to hold this up as an example to people who believe in the Smiley Face Killer theory. Things happen when people are drunk and near water. I'm willing to bet there is (completely randomly) a smiley face drawn somewhere in the vicinity of where HM was that night. They are common. I am just pointing out that deaths involving people who have been drinking and bodies of water are very common, smiley faces are very common, and you can fit common things like that into a conspiracy if you want to (just take a common thing like this, only pay attention to the ones where they happened to be a college student and there you go) very easily.

Sorry for the rant. I just think the SFK thing is so dumb, and if Henry had been a college student this death would have be used as another "example" as "proof" of the theory. I am very sorry to Henry's family. If only his friend had insisted on bringing him home instead of leaving him at the gas station, this might have been avoided. I've done the same thing when I was drunk (years ago lol), told someone to drop me at the store, for no particular reason, just because I was being stupid. I was lucky.

RIP Henry and prayers to the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back