MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he DID insert himself into the case but he did not do it immediately as he had to dispose of a body first. He was more focused on moving Jacob around IMO than any investigation. Once the heat was off, he disposed of Jacob and then kept his normal routine. When the cops started looking at him again, THEN he went to interviews and the media to help find Jacob. I think DR gets a kick out of the attention. I believe he knows how smart he has been and enjoys rubbing it in LE's face as to how he has outsmarted them...he kept all the news clippings, pictures and videos, typical of a guilty person.

Too lazy to look but he has his list of unusual things he saw that day. Things he is not revealing to the public because he does not want to scare the perp away.

He has stated in his own way, I feel, that he knows things but LE is just not listening to him.

Maybe later I will look for those quotes.

To me, he comes off as thinking LE is really stupid.

Would I lift up tape and cross it? Yes. If I was going to ask LE to move it so I could get my car out to go to work. Has LE ever criticized DR for doing this? I have not heard so.

I would not respond in writing. If I remotely thought I was a suspect, I would be careful of a written response. The letter from PW was more or less accusing, if I correctly recall. (It is my understanding that DR and PW have now had a conversation.)

As to asking, what would there be to ask? The media had already splashed everything across front pages and also the fact that I (meaning DR) was a POI. If it were my son, of course, I would want to talk to DR. However, it could be that LE asked me not to talk to him. (Has this been considered?) Perhaps LE told her to stay away from him, or perhaps he thought, as a POI, it was best to do so.

So how did they manage to talk ?

I would have been too nervous to go back to bed, but I AM NOT DR. Yes, his behavior is/was odd, his outbuilding coincidentally "burned down" without a real cause, he has odd habits and suspcious contacts, but we need actual hard proof. Speculation will not figure out where Jacob is. We need to dig to see what groups he was participating in. Did he really do it? Did he help someone do it? Was he a witness? Will he get into trouble if he tells who did it?

We know Jacob was most likely in the driveway because they traced the make and model of the tennis shoe he was wearing to the one print that was released. Unless any other kid who was in his driveway that week (or whenever the last rain was) that has the same shoe, that print was probably the only one not contaminated. They could have gotten the perp's prints, they could have been contaminated (most likely by the searchers) but they will not release any info.

Why won't LE release any more info? I don't think they want help. I think if we expose the person who did it, the person may be linked to a group of people. That group of people may include current or former monks or law enforcement.

Does DR still team with Joy, or has he stopped contact possibly accusing her of joining the other side?

I agree his behaviour is odd and he may well be involved. Two things that puzzle me though are: even if he didn't know the Wetterlings before, they are connected now by the abduction, so i think if he is innocent he could have reached out to them but hasn't. The other thing is that although the boys didn't see his face, is DR not quite tall and slim compared to the discription of the perpetrator?. He could have changed his voice to husky and deep but couldn't change his build. I have only seen one interview with him so maybe you guys know better what sort of build he is.

On here his weight was posted from a class of running that he was in.

He is extremely muscular from all of that running. I am not sure he is all that thin.

On here his weight was posted from a class of running that he was in.

He is extremely muscular from all of that running. I am not sure he is all that thin.

Would he have had the same build 25 yrs ago? I sure wish I did!

Would he have had the same build 25 yrs ago? I sure wish I did!

I have no clue what date it was that tbe running class was listed. What year is that picture from where he was running?

The thing that has totally astounded me is how heavy some people are that run marathons.

Believe me, I am not criticizing . A former classmate of mine was a phy ed teacher. She had thighs that were totally more than jiggling as she ran the marathon.

I only say this because at one time I had the dream to run a marathon.

But when I found out that some people bleed from their pores at the end and don't even appear that fit, I let go of that dream. I was so happy to find some excuses .

From his house. Noone there to notice him do it either. DR was psycho from being alone and abandoned. The kids on bikes and a rad scooter were "the new kids" something that disgusted DR. They are the weak and he never grew up having it.

Wow. So you knew him growing up? You knew a scooter disgusted him? You knew he was alone and abandoned?

Why won't LE release any more info? I don't think they want help. I think if we expose the person who did it, the person may be linked to a group of people. That group of people may include current or former monks or law enforcement.

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of this whole case. The lack of new information from LE. It's been 25 years and there isn't anything new that they can give us to work off of?!? I hope they aren't sitting there expecting the answers to find them eventually. It's never that easy.

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of this whole case. The lack of new information from LE. It's been 25 years and there isn't anything new that they can give us to work off of?!? I hope they aren't sitting there expecting the answers to find them eventually. It's never that easy.

I seriously doubt that LE cares what we think on WS.

Think of the Casey Anthony case and how mucked up that got with all of the "helpers".

I seriously doubt that LE cares what we think on WS.

Think of the Casey Anthony case and how mucked up that got with all of the "helpers".
While that may be true, It seems like the question would be at what point would releasing additional information hinder a 25 year old investigation.

is this an opinion or fact?

From his house. Noone there to notice him do it either. DR was psycho from being alone and abandoned. The kids on bikes and a rad scooter were "the new kids" something that disgusted DR. They are the weak and he never grew up having it.

While that may be true, It seems like the question would be at what point would releasing additional information hinder a 25 year old investigation.

I was trying to get info for a friend who lives in a foreign country. His grandparents were murdered in California back in the early 70's. They were very well to do.

I got a hold of the detective and he did say that my friend's father was never considered a viable suspect, but he said that was all the info he could give me as it was still an open case!!!!!

honestly I can see why law enforcement doesn't want people inserting themselves into these cases because if they ever found out who did it amateur intervention May hinder the legal case. My question is that this kid would B 36 years old now and who knows how old the parents are it just seems like weird that they wouldn't want to reach out more

is this an opinion or fact?

Is it fact? I don't know.

Who wants to reach out more? LE?
Yeah pretty much I mean maybe releasing some details if they hadn't in the past but I mean like like you said before as long as it's an open case I doubt that'll happen

Fair enough on your probable reaction that night to stay out of cops way. But early the next morning when there is crime scene tape at the end of your driveway, would you lift it up and walk all over the scene? I am asking what YOU would do finding that a neighbor's son had been abducted from YOUR driveway...would you contact the family in any way or just go about your business as usual?

And when Patty Wetterling sends you a letter years later asking about that night that her child was abducted from YOUR driveway, would you ignore this heartbroken mother's request?

And your are forgetting one very important fact. DR is currently the only named POI. Cadaver dogs hit on a chest that LE still holds as evidence in addition to other items including newspaper clippings and videos of Jacob's case that DR kept. I find it strange that he would keep these mementos of a horrific crime that happened in his driveway and yet not reach out to the Wetterling family. By keeping these items, he acknowledges what a huge crime this was and he knows how it has affected the local community, the schools and the neighborhood...and not ONCE does he reach out to Wetterlings in any way. And yet, he seems to be just fine with TV interviews and going to a random blog to find closure for this case.

There is no evidence about the blood, where it was even a minute amount, or that it belonged to JW. The chest had been in the extended family for years. I had not heard DR had videos. Videos of what? Do we know exactly what DR had since LE has never shared this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper