MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is such a mystery. The one in Jared's case. LE could access car registration and see any cars like that. Could it have a license plate from WI, Illinois, ND, SD?

Seriously, people would rat off their neighbor if they knew of such a car. i do not get it.

There was a hit and run by me years ago and a teen neighbor had a car like that. i called LE and reported. They told me it was not him. They knew because they had numerous calls on him. It turned out to be someone else. So I know people do not hesitate to call.

Not one single mention of DR. They kept posting that the age of Jacobs abducor in 1989 was between 40-50?? They also kept describing the perps voice as deep and raspy. They could've done such a better job with this opportunity! Very frustrating.

Not one single mention of DR. They kept posting that the age of Jacobs abducor in 1989 was between 40-50?? They also kept describing the perps voice as deep and raspy. They could've done such a better job with this opportunity! Very frustrating.

Totally agree. Trevor said he sounded like he had a cold. Jared said his perpetrator had a deep and raspy voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, Shergal. I didn't get my hopes up for the show as I knew the time would be limited and the blogger would focus on Paynesville. Even though it is unusual to have several violent sexual predators in such a small geographic area, I tend to believe that the Paynesville cases are not connected to Jacob's case. I'm on the fence about Jared, simply because he seems to agree with the blogger about who the attacker was.

Regarding Sheriff Sanner, what can I say, Wetterling, Guimond, Jared, Paynesville and a number of cases involving the disappearances of young and teenage males remain unsolved.

When he was told about the pedophiles and sexual molesters at the local abbey, he did nothing. For that matter, neither did the esteemed coach of the football team. Why wasn't he prosecuted just like the staff at Penn State who knew Sandusky was molesting kids? Too much collusion, conflict of interest and secrecy afoot in this neck of the woods.

p.s. How on earth could any determination about the age of Jacob's perpetrator be made when the man had a dark mask on his face??

I just posted on my Facebook that Aaron reported the abductor's voice as sounding like he had a cold.

In my opinion, the entire blogger segment could have been omitted in favor of info such as you listed.

A wasted opportunity is right.

Call me majorly disappointed. Nothing we didn't already know. My entire family watched, they enjoyed it but also found it empty.

Just horribly missed opportunities. Let me just act out what they missed-

I'm Jared, I was taken in something like a chevy celebrity, it had a middle console, child safety locks, a luggage rack, he had a police scanner and at one point told me he was late for an appointment at the red carpet in St. Cloud. If anyone can remember something about this vehicle, call in your tip to LE now.

well he better prosecute soon or the perp will be dead as will everyone else. I think 25 years is long enough.

The most interesting thing to me was Sheriff saying that he won't talk about evidence because when they get to a point of prosecution he doesn't want anything compromised.

well he better prosecute soon or the perp will be dead as will everyone else. I think 25 years is long enough.

They can't prosecute if they don't have enough evidence and nobody is talking. Sometimes they never get there. It takes a LOT of evidence or a confession or a body to prosecute successfully. Unfortunately.

Patty said they were instructed to run toward the woods across the road from DRs house.

To follow up on Sasquatch's post -- some details were not accurately represented in the show. For example, wasn't Jared walking home from a hockey game and ran home in his uniform after the assault? Not a big deal to leave that out, but then -- did the mask of Jacob's abductor really look like that? How can we be sure when, as Sasquatch pointed out, so many other significant details were omitted?

I also felt there was a lot of wasted air time -- showing the lonely streets over and over, the blogger talking -- this time would have been far better spent exploring the 2010 "big dig," among other things. But let me guess, does DR have a lawyer who told them they better not talk about that?

And of course, don't mention the dozens of documented abusers of young men right up the road at the abbey, because, after all -- those assaults are somehow different, not on par with sexual assaults of other young males in the community, and certainly not considered to be criminal deeds since the perpetrators wore black gowns and collars.

p.s. How on earth could any determination about the age of Jacob's perpetrator be made when the man had a dark mask on his face??

In Jareds case I think they can hone in on an age because he spent time with his perpetrator and survived his encounter with him. During that time Jared was able to probably make some speculations about that and give a window. I don't believe an age could be given in Jacobs case- he was masked, he disguised his voice, it was dark as dark, and aaron and trevor were dismissed within a minute or two.

To follow up on Sasquatch's post -- some details were not accurately represented in the show. For example, wasn't Jared walking home from a hockey game and ran home in his uniform after the assault? Not a big deal to leave that out, but then -- did the mask of Jacob's abductor really look like that? How can we be sure when, as Sasquatch pointed out, so many other significant details were omitted?

I also felt there was a lot of wasted air time -- showing the lonely streets over and over, the blogger talking -- this time would have been far better spent exploring the 2010 "big dig," among other things. But let me guess, does DR have a lawyer who told them they better not talk about that?

And of course, don't mention the dozens of documented abusers of young men right up the road at the abbey, because, after all -- those assaults are somehow different, not on par with sexual assaults of other young males in the community, and certainly not considered to be criminal deeds since the perpetrators wore black gowns and collars.

Exactly. Should have been facts only, not blogger opinions. Also, they should have included the only named POI and talked about other suspects and THE ABBEY!!!

Don't forget, anyone can send tips to the sheriff or John Walsh if you feel you have important info that was missed. Send in names, theories, whatever. Can't hurt, and it seems like they could use the help. ;)

I know I reference the abbey a lot. But just look at that list on behindthepinecurtain. Almost all the victims were young males, and many of these assaults did occur on the grounds of St. John's -- and remember -- these monks went anywhere they wanted to in the community and beyond. They were not accountable to anyone. Their secret sexual "indiscretions" were safe with the abbot.

Pat Marker's research (behindthepinecurtain.com) revealed that in 2002 - 2003 time frame a profile of Guimond's abductor was made. The Abbot did not want this profile released because it sharply resembled one of the monks, and there was concern this monk might be associated with not only Guimond but possibly Wetterling as well. Copies of these exchanges are on Pat's website.

When a child is taken from his family, all avenues should be thoroughly explored. The area in which these incidents occurred is not a highly populated area from what I can see. Again, I ask, how many predators of young males are there??

Patty Wetterling made a statement along the lines of "what is going on Stearns County that is so hurtful to our boys?" Are we any closer to knowing what that is now than we were 25 years ago?

I read a statement from the sheriff after the big dig that said no evidence was found that could be connected to Jacob's disappearance. Is that really true, or is the sheriff holding some cards close to the vest?

Shergal, I think the sheriff is only willing to look at what he personally thinks is relevant. Based on his track record, I'm not real confident of his willingness to pursue any tips that go beyond his personal comfort zone.

Will Stearns County Sheriff John L. Sanner announce an arrest before the November 4 election?

Will Stearns County Attorney Janelle P. Kendall file criminal charges before the November 4 election?

Or, will this latest media treatment result in another unanticipated and untimely death?

Remember what the road to hell is paved with . . . and always expect the unexpected.

Prov. 11:14

Call me majorly disappointed. Nothing we didn't already know. My entire family watched, they enjoyed it but also found it empty.

I'm with ya. Can only hope it gets and keeps people talking. The truth of what happened is out there, regardless of how banal it may be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper