MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search dogs found nothing to indicate his presence in an outbuilding. Remember where they lost the scent?

Repeatdly I have posted the example of Somer Thompson who walked up to the home of the perp. She was kilked in the home and taken away by car,

Dogs were in the yard, but alerted on nothing. Not even her walking up the sidewalk to the home. She was a 6 or 7 year old child walking home from school

No hits by the dogs. They had even ICE involved and the FBI. He was busted by some "friends" reporting him as suspicious. His house was on the route she walked home on.

Repeatdly I have posted the example of Somer Thompson who walked up to the home of the perp. She was kilked in the home and taken away by car,

Dogs were in the yard, but alerted on nothing. Not even her walking up the sidewalk to the home. She was a 6 or 7 year old child walking home from school

No hits by the dogs. They had even ICE involved and the FBI. He was busted by some "friends" reporting him as suspicious. His house was on the route she walked home on.

Now add in the possibilitiez of a farm. The searchers went towards the woodpile, why? Did they ever go further then that? Or did each one of them begin to fear for their life and buck back.

Search dogs found nothing to indicate his presence in an outbuilding. Remember where they lost the scent?

And yet, many years later CADAVER dogs hit upon a wooden trunk and a heavy umbrella stand during a search of DR's property. those items are still being held as evidence as are DR's news clippings and media files on the Jacob Wetterling.

Search dogs lose scent, they are only as reliable as their training.

welcome to websleuths!

I was 10 when this happened and my brother was going to SJU. Hit very close to home.

I was reminded by watching the Hunt and reading the blog associated with the show--Joy the Curious.

The central question I have is that the MO of Jared and the other area molestation seem different. As I read Joy, the perpetrator in those cases did not wear a mask. Makes you wonder why he would wear one in this case, unless he knew the kids directly.

And yet, many years later CADAVER dogs hit upon a wooden trunk and a heavy umbrella stand during a search of DR's property. those items are still being held as evidence as are DR's news clippings and media files on the Jacob Wetterling.

Search dogs lose scent, they are only as reliable as their training.

Depending if it was a ground scent or air scent dog, there are a few factors that can cause the dog to lose the scent. Not the least of which is overpowering animal scents from the farm and native wildlife. An individual with some hunting experience may know how to mask their scent.

What do you mean in terms of help?

Persons of interest? Persons?

I want to know now!

What do you mean in terms of help?

Persons of interest? Persons?

I want to know now!

People who were looked at by LE as having possible involvement in Jacob's case:
DR - Dan Rassier: Neighbor (about 1/2 mile away) from Jacob's home - Jacob's abduction happened at the end of his family's driveway. DR has been named the only official POI in Jacob's case by the Stearns County Sheriff's Dept. He was named a POI in 2010 after the search of his farm and home. There is no hard evidence (that we know of) on DR. He is a band teacher in Cold Spring, MN, teaches music at St. John's U. and plays trombone sometimes with the Deutschmeisters Polka band. He took a polygraph, but he says in the KSTP TV interview (link below) that he does not know if he passed it. He has been cooperative with LE, although highly critical of them.
Part 1 KARE 11 Interview: http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_...5911&catid=396
Part 2 KARE 11 Interview: http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_...storyid=875817
CBS Interview: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...ing-abduction/
KSTP Interview: http://greaterminnesota.kstp.com/new...erson-interest

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-22-Oct-1989-***CASE-FACTS***NO-DISCUSSION***

LE had gained 18 possible suspects before kevin came forward. Since Kevin came forward and until 2010 to the present, only one new name has been gained from LE, DR.

Well ELOC, who are these Poi's?

Dah, huber, bahner. Anyone else?

Do you have new info on them?

I was in St Cloud today for work. Couldn't help but notice all the "Vote for Sanner" billboards and signs around town. If I lived up there, I would not be voting for him.

1400035257000-Jacob-Wetterling.JPG

Who intercepted these kids that night? Why couldn't he let him go? Why was he disguised in the dark?

The POI in this case spoke with LE twice on the night of the abduction, but never told them of the vehicle he saw turn around in his driveway until the next morning, when two investigators sought him out at his place of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee