MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The gunman, who wore a mask, ordered them off their bikes and into a ditch and demanded their ages. After looking at Aaron's face, the gunman told him and Trevor to run or he'd shoot. Then he snatched Jacob and presumably took off in a vehicle, although the other boys did not see one. "This guy was very aggressive, very commanding, almost like a military man," Gigler said. The Cold Spring boy had just finished ice skating with two friends Jan. 13 and was walking home alone when a man drove up and pulled him into a car. The boy lived about four blocks away. The man drove him about 5 miles to an area north of Richmond where he molested him. The abductor later dumped the boy from his car and told him to run or he'd shoot. The boy said he never saw a gun. The abductor in Cold Spring was not wearing a mask, and the victim saw his face during the three hours they were together. He also reported that the man wore a green military-style camouflage shirt and pants, black boots, a gray vest and a brown baseball cap. The description and the kidnapper's manner in both cases prompted authorities to consider the possibility that the man has served in the military. The FBI released a drawing of the man yesterday and also described him as white, about 5 feet 8, with husky shoulders and a low-pitched raspy voice. Authorities identified his car as a dark blue four-door similar to a Chevrolet Celebrity. Jacob's mother, Patty Wetterling, called the latest development "pretty solid" and "very encouraging," adding, "There are not likely to be two people like that running around the St. Cloud-St. Joe area." " Article by: PAT DOYLE; STAFF WRITER , Star Tribune Updated: December 14, 1989 - 10:00 PM

Jared saw his face for three hours?

I cannot believe it is DR. Jared was shown tons of perps, but it was none of them were including DA Hart, Del Huber, the Bahners, and the suspect we cannot name who was arrested.

It was someone who knew things such as where the Kraemer's lived but maybe he moved out of the area? Strange mystery

Absolutely. Keep all the info in one place. This is the only thread i visit. Something about Jacob just stays with me. I do actually know about all the cases CanManEh mentioned and have read up on them as well but if you have a job and family there's not much spare time to devote to lots of different cases. Doesn't mean i don't care about the others.

I agree. I am aware of and am interested in many cases and occasionally browse other threads but I simply don't have time to read and catch up with all the posts on multiple. It's not that I don't care about other cases. I'm actually really interested in many but like scotgirl said, Jacob's case has stuck with me too for some reason. If I only have time to discuss one case in a day it's going to be this one because I feel like I'm more educated on it and have more to contribute.

Jared saw his face for three hours?

I cannot believe it is DR. Jared was shown tons of perps, but it was none of them were including DA Hart, Del Huber, the Bahners, and the suspect we cannot name who was arrested.

It was someone who knew things such as where the Kraemer's lived but maybe he moved out of the area? Strange mystery

The Kraemer connection is extremely puzzling to me and it seems like there's not much information about this family

My main reason for wanting a dedicated Jacob forum is because for a few days we'll talk about DR, then someone will switch it up to another person, then it goes back to DR. Then I feel like the important details about the other perps get lost.
From my understanding of WS policy, we can't really discuss anyone openly unless they have been implicated via standard media. So, I think one of the most intriguing Jared suspects cannot really be spoken of.

If Joy is leaning to DAH for all these attack, I would imagine she has some sort of corroboration from Jared--otherwise she has added nothing new. We'll have to wait for the book I suppose... I think she will lay out the case for DAH and attack them for failing to arrest him prior to JW--I know nothing, this is speculation from reading her blog.

I imagine other folk have called Paynesville too, anyone know anything different? My understanding is Joy made a blod post and other people wrote to her and said there was a creeper. But knowing this area, if there was a serial random sodomizer that was grabbing kids for a couple of years it would have produced more than one news article in the Paynesville news--BCA would have, at least, been involved.

"More important perhaps was that Jerry knew October 22, 1989 had been a tough one for Jake. His son had skated poorly at hockey tryouts for his youth league in nearby St. Cloud. "Later, Jerry Wetterling would recall a moment from that day that could lend support to the stalker theory. That afternoon, Jerry and his two sons were skating at the hockey tryout. There were about 20 spectators. Suddenly, Jacob slipped out of sight. “It was very strange but very real,” Jerry remembered. “I had this sense of danger for Jacob. I can almost point to the spot on the ice where it happened to this day.” Jerry found Jacob, and the ominous feeling soon passed, but in retrospect, he said, “It prompted me to wonder if possibly the abductor had been in the ice arena at that time, in a sense looking at Jacob or stalking him.” "

"About halfway through their mile-long trip, Aaron heard a rustle in the tall grass by the road: ”A little shiver went through me,” he said. “I didn’t know if it was a person or an animal, but I kind of sped up. I don’t know if Trevor or Jacob even heard it. … It was just a strange noise that shouldn’t be there.” Not wanting the others to know he was scared, he said nothing. They arrived at the store near 9 p.m. For 10 or 15 minutes, they studied the videos, renting “Naked Gun” because their first choice, “Major League,” was checked out.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

-----------------------------------------
Was just pondering the idea that Aaron heard a rustle in the grass on their way over to the Tom Thumb. Could it be that Jacob was followed as per his Dad's intuition? Perhaps while the perp was doing some recon he saw an opportunity to at last abduct his prey?

"More important perhaps was that Jerry knew October 22, 1989 had been a tough one for Jake. His son had skated poorly at hockey tryouts for his youth league in nearby St. Cloud. "Later, Jerry Wetterling would recall a moment from that day that could lend support to the stalker theory. That afternoon, Jerry and his two sons were skating at the hockey tryout. There were about 20 spectators. Suddenly, Jacob slipped out of sight. “It was very strange but very real,” Jerry remembered. “I had this sense of danger for Jacob. I can almost point to the spot on the ice where it happened to this day.” Jerry found Jacob, and the ominous feeling soon passed, but in retrospect, he said, “It prompted me to wonder if possibly the abductor had been in the ice arena at that time, in a sense looking at Jacob or stalking him.” "

"About halfway through their mile-long trip, Aaron heard a rustle in the tall grass by the road: ”A little shiver went through me,” he said. “I didn’t know if it was a person or an animal, but I kind of sped up. I don’t know if Trevor or Jacob even heard it. … It was just a strange noise that shouldn’t be there.” Not wanting the others to know he was scared, he said nothing. They arrived at the store near 9 p.m. For 10 or 15 minutes, they studied the videos, renting “Naked Gun” because their first choice, “Major League,” was checked out.

Was just pondering the idea that Aaron heard a rustle in the grass on their way over to the Tom Thumb. Could it be that Jacob was followed as per his Dad's intuition? Perhaps while the perp was doing some recon he saw an opportunity to at last abduct his prey?
Was that one guy there?

"While driving him back to town, the abductor kept questioning Jared about whether or not the boy could identify him."

The is one of the most significant clues the perpetrator gave. This man was someone who lived in the local area and had a role so visible that he was concerned Jared, a twelve year old boy, might recognize him. Teacher, coach, priest, neighbor?

"While driving him back to town, the abductor kept questioning Jared about whether or not the boy could identify him."

The is one of the most significant clues the perpetrator gave. This man was someone who lived in the local area and had a role so visible that he was concerned Jared, a twelve year old boy, might recognize him. Teacher, coach, priest, neighbor?
Could it have been his voice someone would recognize?

Your link above leads to an interview with DR by Julie Nelson, and not what you have quoted. Do you have the correct link for where you found this? Thanks!

So, I've got this red carpet thing quoted below. It's the "red carpet treatment" part that got me thinking. If this was some kind of person of importance (or even if he was in his own mind), would he say something like this if he were expected to go and receive an award that night? He had an authoritative voice, a military type. Award? I'm thinking this was probably too late in the evening for something like that but it may have been some sort of figure of speech that this guy was used to using for something. Maybe he had a date for the movies that night. Is there somebody out there who would recall a guy they were dating or married to that used this figure of speech when he had to be somewhere? Or when he had to be somewhere on time? Or be someplace of importance? Or someplace special? Did this guy have to be at work? But this was at night right? Within and hour of that area, what kinds of jobs started a shift at that time of night? Well wait, I'm thinking of the time in Jacobs case. What time was Jared abducted?

Help me out here folks with this figure of speech line of thought. !!!!!!!!

"Red carpet

Meaning: Someone regarded as important.
Example:
Origin: Jahangir, Mughal emperor from 1605 to 1627, once paid a visit to his brother-in-law on New Year’s Day. To celebrate the event, his brother-in-law carpeted the road between his house and the palace with gold brocades and rich velvets, so that the royal entourage would not have to touch the ground. Today we say “Roll out the red carpet” or “the red-carpet treatment” to indicate the conferring of honor and prestige."

Read more: http://www.joe-ks.com/phrases/phrasesR.htm#ixzz3QAtIw0BI

http://www.joe-ks.com/phrases/phrasesR.htm

I was recently "questioned" by a lurker who doubted that Sheriff Sanner had ever said the Paynesville incidents had been investigated multiple times, previously. Here is the quote and link to back up that information:

"Although that energy is up, there isn't much new to report about the case," Sanner said.

Investigators had previously looked into a connection between the Wetterling case and the reports of several attempted and actual child molestations that occurred in the Paynesville area during the era when Wetterling was abducted. A blogger renewed attention to the Paynesville cases this year, and that pointed the spotlight on convicted murderer Delbert Huber as a possible suspect in Wetterling's abduction. Huber died a few days after his name was associated publicly with the Wetterling case.

"That's not new," Sanner said of the possible connection to the Paynesville cases. "That's been looked at many, many different times."

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...-rise-wetterling-billboard-campaign/17528695/

does anyone know the attendees of the party the Wetterlings attended the night of the abduction? I know the city, just no attendees.

So, I've got this red carpet thing quoted below. It's the "red carpet treatment" part that got me thinking. If this was some kind of person of importance (or even if he was in his own mind), would he say something like this if he were expected to go and receive an award that night? He had an authoritative voice, a military type. Award? I'm thinking this was probably too late in the evening for something like that but it may have been some sort of figure of speech that this guy was used to using for something. Maybe he had a date for the movies that night. Is there somebody out there who would recall a guy they were dating or married to that used this figure of speech when he had to be somewhere? Or when he had to be somewhere on time? Or be someplace of importance? Or someplace special? Did this guy have to be at work? But this was at night right? Within and hour of that area, what kinds of jobs started a shift at that time of night? Well wait, I'm thinking of the time in Jacobs case. What time was Jared abducted?

Help me out here folks with this figure of speech line of thought. !!!!!!!!

"Red carpet

Meaning: Someone regarded as important.
Example:
Origin: Jahangir, Mughal emperor from 1605 to 1627, once paid a visit to his brother-in-law on New Year’s Day. To celebrate the event, his brother-in-law carpeted the road between his house and the palace with gold brocades and rich velvets, so that the royal entourage would not have to touch the ground. Today we say “Roll out the red carpet” or “the red-carpet treatment” to indicate the conferring of honor and prestige."

Read more: http://www.joe-ks.com/phrases/phrasesR.htm#ixzz3QAtIw0BI

http://www.joe-ks.com/phrases/phrasesR.htm

Jared's abduction occurred in the evening also, around 9:45 or so. Reference is Jared's Story http://www.joybaker.com//?s=Jared's+Story.

I don't disagree with your thinking about "Red Carpet" as possibly something that the guy had a habit of using for certain occasions; but, don't think that's necessarily it. My thinking on his statement is a couple of posts above this. It would pretty much have to be someone who knew him fairly well, and who became familiar with the story, and then it may possibly occur to them, that hearing that statement from him (in the story), that it could be the guy that they know. I also, don't know how you would find that person out there who would recognize this.

From my understanding of WS policy, we can't really discuss anyone openly unless they have been implicated via standard media. So, I think one of the most intriguing Jared suspects cannot really be spoken of.

If Joy is leaning to DAH for all these attack, I would imagine she has some sort of corroboration from Jared--otherwise she has added nothing new. We'll have to wait for the book I suppose... I think she will lay out the case for DAH and attack them for failing to arrest him prior to JW--I know nothing, this is speculation from reading her blog.

I imagine other folk have called Paynesville too, anyone know anything different? My understanding is Joy made a blod post and other people wrote to her and said there was a creeper. But knowing this area, if there was a serial random sodomizer that was grabbing kids for a couple of years it would have produced more than one news article in the Paynesville news--BCA would have, at least, been involved.

Any idea when her book is coming out? Personally, I hope ELOC's comes out first. He is not taking any money for himself and he is not publishing under his own name for any glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL