MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been several Sheriffs,the BCA,the FBI and NEMEC. They are all covering?

Doesn't that sound a little impossible?

I don't believe anyone is calling this a cover-up, only that many are questioning the competency of investigators, and not just the original investigators.

I tend to get into the Guimond story here too much myself. I guess it's because of the location, and that I felt all three cases (Joshua, Jacob and Jared) might be related as well as possibly connected to St. John's. My logical self now looks at them as more likely being distinct, though my perceptual self thinks Jared and Jacob may have been assaulted by the same fiend. I guess what's been really difficult for me to wrap my mind around is the sheer number of sex offenders in that region, especially assaults on boys and young men. It baffles me and I have a hard time making sense of it. By the way, I was wondering, is "Jared" really Jared's name?

Chaplain1, Josh's family has suffered terribly and continue to struggle with the aftermath of Josh's disappearance. The parents are unable to emotionally cope with the loss of their son. Josh's grandfather took over trying to get answers and has had doors closed in his face literally and figuratively all throughout. He has been having serious health issues during the past few years and I think he's gotten very discouraged. Unfortunately, I think it will be decades before we find out what happened to Joshua and I think it will be as a result of one of the monk's caring more about the honor of truth than the need to deceitfully cover for the church. One thing all these cases have in common is they happened in a particular area and they remain unsolved with no resolution in sight.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. Yes, alcohol can play a factor in drowning, but usually in the warmer months, and it's usually related to drunks in recreational activities. From what I understand he wasn't intoxicated enough to black out and wander into a muddy pond. It's absurd for the Sheriff's office to come up with such a BS theory, especially in light that his destination was 3 minutes away, and his friend said it's completely out of character for Josh to wander away. Josh came up missing in Nov. 2002, and logically he would not be near water in November.

I spoke with his father and grandfather...... I don't beleive SCSO is not doing as much as they could, in Josh G case, or the JEW case.

FYI----------> I read up on the alcohol related drowning statistics when I read about the smiley face killers, most happened in the winter. Read below:

"St. Cloud State University criminal justice faculty member Lee Gilbertson on Larry King Live:

If you actually look at the statistics on drownings, most drownings occur during the summer and they’re related to water activities like boating and water skiing and things like that. Very few drownings actually occur during the winter. And those are generally associated with ice fishing and snow- mobiling and things like that, up in our northern region."

https://healthcrimeinthenews.wordpress.com/tag/smiley-face-killer/

If noone actually knows his intoxication level that is already creating a problem. We don't know how experienced he was with alcohol, it could have been his first time drinking hard liqour, and if that is the case, anything can happen. Any time you delve into alcohol you don't truly know what is about to happen. When he got outside did the alcohol take over, not giving him clear direction, walking in complete dizziness until he fell and passed out in icy water? I read about these stories on the internet, it happens.

Alright if my posts of 100% factual documented information is going to be removed from the forum then why waste my time. I was the closest one to the scene that night and lived in the immediate area my entire life. I've had personal experiences of both good and bad with LE on all levels. If the facts (which I can prove at any time) are not welcome, so be it. Assume away. *advertiser censored*(out of)u (&) me

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

I have posted this before (a long time ago) but will post it again in reference to your post. I am a Minnesotan, although not from Stearns Co. However, I do have friends who are very familiar with the area.

Stearns Co. had long been considered a "closed area," meaning people from the area were either related or protected each other to a great extent. Perhaps this fits with your description of Stearns Co Syndrome. Things have changed with an increased population and new people moving into the area, but some members of the old guard still live within the county.

I have posted this before (a long time ago) but will post it again in reference to your post. I am a Minnesotan, although not from Stearns Co. However, I do have friends who are very familiar with the area.

Stearns Co. had long been considered a "closed area," meaning people from the area were either related or protected each other to a great extent. Perhaps this fits with your description of Stearns Co Syndrome. Things have changed with an increased population and new people moving into the area, but some members of the old guard still live within the county.

I don't live in Minnesota, but after talking with two who have lived there all their lives,
I'm appalled to hear the way the JEW and Joshua G. cases have been handled. Evidence has been destroyed, and witnesses who want to help have not been called. To me, this sounds like they don't want the case solved for some reason. That doesn't mean this is fact. It just doesn't look good IMO.

I hope you stick around tinner007, and hope you continue to post what you know. I don't know if you want to identify yourself as a professional, but I hope you do so we can see more. I do understand that you may have a reason not to though.

I know this may sound odd: I do feel very connected to this case, and I feel something is very, very wrong. I'm from Ohio, and I don't know anyone from the community in Stearns county, other than the two people I speak with. I do know someone in Minneapolis personally, and she said, "Everyone knows there's some kind of cover-up". I worked really hard to expose a pedophile, along with a couple other people, and 3 very brave victims. We learned a lot! Cover-ups do happen. Especially when it comes to child abductions that may be related to child trafficking or sexual abuse.

I'm not a professional, but I admire all those who use their own time, resources, and sometimes money to help solve cases involving children.

Are you referring to the JACOB WETTERLING disappearance?

What I learned in Ohio, and from two different private detectives, one of them who worked for the Federal Government, helped me to understand how and why Jacob may have disappeared. So yes, this has everything to do with the JEW case. This in no way means I'm right, or that my theory is the only theory.

What I'm trying to convey here, is there's a lot of speculation on whether or not SCSO is doing their job when it comes to the JEW case. Josh G is brought up, because it's possible the two cases are related.

My discussion on pedophiles is because I believe Jacob was abducted by a pedophile, and this pedophile may be from a ring of pedophiles in the area. My reason I suspect a cover-up, is because I'm speaking with someone who worked in the SCSO, and other LE offices, and she said she has information she's been asking SCSO to look at for years. One of the reasons the JEW case hasn't been solved could be because the high level of protection there is for pedophiles. It's just a known fact, and this protection is usually because there's pedophiles in high positions.

I don't want to continue about "pedophiles", as I know I've already beat that drum enough on WS. I think it's important to understand the various reasons the JEW case hasn't been solved in 25 years, and help people in WS to understand that ALL evidence has not been fully researched, and some of it has been destroyed.

The JEW case involves a much deeper problem, outside of the obvious problem of his case not being solved yet; it's WHY the case hasn't been solved, and why a Sheriff with very poor job performance is being kept in the SCSO??

It's a very high profile case with many layers.

I don't know why he was re-elected. Probably because the voter population in Stearns County tends to be older. Older people don't believe things like this can happen (cover-ups, child sex rings, etc).

The only way Josh G's disappearance relates to Jacob's is that they aren't solved. To me, I don't think the LE asked the right questions to the right people. There are too many unknowns that LE should have released- why were the art student, Kevin and Bahner tapes dismissed? What was the reason DR became a POI? Was the crime scene contaminated (most likely)? I feel that LE is not releasing this information because they do not want to admit their mistakes. I feel by admitting their mistakes (what they don't have for information) and communicating what they were able to learn will help the investigation. Sitting on the info out of embarassment or frustration will not help. 25 years is way too long. Start releasing small clues to the public to get this solved.

How do you know this? Do you have actual documentation or just gossip?

BTW, having lived in a small town in MN for years, it depends on who you talk to as far as the take on a situation. People have their own biases for any number of reasons.

If they have had problems with the law, they see things one way.

MN is a huge state. It is very different in views from North to South.

The Twin Cities are a big exciting metro area.

There are a lot of variations in the state.

"Jacob" can just be typed out for his name. It's only two more letters and he deserves that much respect. You don't need to use initials for Jacob, he's not someone whose name can't be mentioned on here.

They're not lying? Are you saying that as a matter of fact, or just guessing? I'll prove to you the SCSO lies hopefully in the near future, got a little more work to do and also have to work with other time constraint factors of the justice system.

Earlier on WS you mentioned your own legal issues with LE. Is your knowledge based on those experiences?

I don't know why he was re-elected. Probably because the voter population in Stearns County tends to be older. Older people don't believe things like this can happen (cover-ups, child sex rings, etc).

The only way Josh G's disappearance relates to Jacob's is that they aren't solved. To me, I don't think the LE asked the right questions to the right people. There are too many unknowns that LE should have released- why were the art student, Kevin and Bahner tapes dismissed? What was the reason DR became a POI? Was the crime scene contaminated (most likely)? I feel that LE is not releasing this information because they do not want to admit their mistakes. I feel by admitting their mistakes (what they don't have for information) and communicating what they were able to learn will help the investigation. Sitting on the info out of embarassment or frustration will not help. 25 years is way too long. Start releasing small clues to the public to get this solved.

Why do you believe as far as Jacob that the BCA and the FBI over years and new sheriffs and LE would cover up things?

I am sure you have seen on here how cold cases are opened and solved.

I am sure you have heard of Jeff Anderson , the attorney, who has a stunning record with prosecuting priest abuse.

Wouldn't someone go to him with info

No, I don't think everyone is covering, but I think someone, or perhaps a few, are covering some thing. I'm harkening back to info another WSer posted a few months back that showed what I perceived to be as close to concrete as one can get with regard to connecting Hollinger to Jared's assault. Ok that was a terrible run on sentence but I know other souls here must have seen this particular list as well. Granted, there is much more the public as not been told, though I dare say there are a few, even on this thread, who know much more than the average bear -- myself being one of those bears. It's frustrating.

That info was strange. It has not been verified so who knows if it is even true. There are a lot of rampant rumors on this case, some of which I know to be lies

I lived in a small community in MN. Even if you lived there for 50 years, you were a new comer.

But, not everyone got along, which I am sure is true anywhere. With jealousies, anger over whatever, peopleare not going to cover up for everyone. No way, no how. People are willing to snitch on others or some people have consciences. So no way can secrets be kept forever.

To the WS'er who provided the list of info that potentially connected Hollinger to Jared's assault, are you able to confirm its veracity, albeit on an informal basis here? Many thanks.

Just trying to flesh out whether this person may be connected to Jacob's case as well.

Why do you believe as far as Jacob that the BCA and the FBI over years and new sheriffs and LE would cover up things?

I am sure you have seen on here how cold cases are opened and solved.

I am sure you have heard of Jeff Anderson , the attorney, who has a stunning record with prosecuting priest abuse.

Wouldn't someone go to him with info

Jeff Anderson is not a prosecutor, and he files civil litigation for victims of sexual abuse.
http://www.andersonadvocates.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member