MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once when I got desperate seeking answers as to whether St. John's might be connected to Jacob, Josh and Jared, I called the editor of the Star Trib. She went from interested and mildly friendly to dismissive and patronizing. I wondered, is it like six degrees of separation in this part of the country, where the sheriff is connected to the college, and the college provides revenue for the town, and the alumni want to be proud of St. John's, and maybe a lot of people are resigned and feel hopeless at ever finding or knowing answers.

While I no longer believe a monk abducted Jacob and/or assaulted Jared, it is obvious other criminal activity has occurred there and it's been going on for decades. And yet, nothing was ever done to address, remediate or hold the offenders accountable. They were allowed to do as they wished.

Why?

Just a random stream of consciousness on a cold Saturday night. I keep thinking maybe one day one of us will show up with something new that could set in motion a pathway to the truth. The BCA,FBI and Stearns LE have all the cards and the ball is in their court, so to speak, but they could also be hindered by a malignant case of myopia.

Civil action is probably a better course right now to show what le is not telling us.

One problem with that though, sometimes deals are made, and cases are kept quiet, and settlements are
reached behind closed doors. This is happening with case I'm familiar with.

It's great when civil cases can keep
it in the media.

Sadly, with Jacob, there has been no one to prosecute or file civil suit against. I just think something is wrong there is Stearns County. Time for the public to drill the SCSO with lots of questions.

One problem with that though, sometimes deals are made, and cases are kept quiet, and settlements are

it in the media.

Sadly, with Jacob, there has been no one to prosecute or file civil suit against. I just think something is wrong there is Stearns County. Time for the public to drill the SCSO with lots of questions.
Civil suits bring subpoena power, that is what we need.

Civil suits bring subpoena power, that is what we need.

Yes, that is true! More media coverage wouldn't hurt either, and civil suit generate media coverage.

I really think a thousand or more people should stand in front of the Sheriff's office and ask a lot of questions. That, combined with subpoena power could open up a lot of discovery, and nice media coverage.

13.82 COMPREHENSIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT DATA.

Subd. 7.Criminal investigative data.

Except for the data defined in subdivisions 2, 3, and 6, investigative data collected or created by a law enforcement agency in order to prepare a case against a person, whether known or unknown, for the commission of a crime or other offense for which the agency has primary investigative responsibility are confidential or protected nonpublic while the investigation is active. Inactive investigative data are public unless the release of the data would jeopardize another ongoing investigation or would reveal the identity of individuals protected under subdivision 17. Photographs which are part of inactive investigative files and which are clearly offensive to common sensibilities are classified as private or nonpublic data, provided that the existence of the photographs shall be disclosed to any person requesting access to the inactive investigative file. An investigation becomes inactive upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
(a) a decision by the agency or appropriate prosecutorial authority not to pursue the case;
(b) expiration of the time to bring a charge or file a complaint under the applicable statute of limitations, or 30 years after the commission of the offense, whichever comes earliest; or
(c) exhaustion of or expiration of all rights of appeal by a person convicted on the basis of the investigative data.

An investigation becomes inactive upon the occurrence of any of the following events:

(D) The perpetrator stuns Cleveland and confesses to the crime, ending the chaos.

Is it fair? Is it time?

This morning I made an advanced donation to NCMEC in the amount of $200. That's the amount of net proceeds I expect we'll get from advance book orders from Websleuths! More will be donated as more books are ordered.

Once the order of 100 books are printed I will be posting to the Facebook page that they're available for mail-order purchase. I expect that posting will be made in mid-April.

Attachments

• NCMEC Donation 1.jpg
    NCMEC Donation 1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 145
This morning I made an advanced donation to NCMEC in the amount of $200. That's the amount of net proceeds I expect we'll get from advance book orders from Websleuths! More will be donated as more books are ordered.

Once the order of 100 books are printed I will be posting to the Facebook page that they're available for mail-order purchase. I expect that posting will be made in mid-April.

ELOC, thank you for all the time, energy and perseverance you expended in writing this informative book. I am looking forward to many people reading it and then hopefully sharing it with others. The more people who see it, the more attention that can be garnered for Jacob's case as well as others. I also pray it gets into the hands of the right people - folks who were in the area when Jacob's abduction occurred. Someone knows something -- more like several know something!! If I were that someone I would go straight to the FBI - who might turn around and tell me to go to Stearns sheriff's dept. ? Well, truth may yet strong arm all else that may have in some way have hindered or temporarily silenced it.

Thank you again, ELOC and everyone here who keeps pressing on. I know there are souls here who have been pursuing Justice for Jacob, Jared and others for a very long time. Thank you!!,

Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) are a relatively recent development. It has never been confirmed, but Joy's assumption of DAH for Jared would strongly suggest forced sodomy. What did they do with the physical evidence? There would have been an awful mess. Did they throw it away?

Chaplain1 I don't know this for certain, but I think the DNA collected from Jared was not adequately preserved and/or deteriorated on its own or ______________ (fill in the blank) -- in any event I don't think it's useful now. Wow.

Chaplain1 I don't know this for certain, but I think the DNA collected from Jared was not adequately preserved and/or deteriorated on its own or ______________ (fill in the blank) -- in any event I don't think it's useful now. Wow.
I still think it's two different perps. No one would change their MO from unmasked to masked and really dirty to meticulous.

Civil action is probably a better course right now to show what le is not telling us.

Since I am not an attorney, I can only go by the OJ case where the standards were not as high in the civil case vs. the criminal

Once when I got desperate seeking answers as to whether St. John's might be connected to Jacob, Josh and Jared, I called the editor of the Star Trib. She went from interested and mildly friendly to dismissive and patronizing. I wondered, is it like six degrees of separation in this part of the country, where the sheriff is connected to the college, and the college provides revenue for the town, and the alumni want to be proud of St. John's, and maybe a lot of people are resigned and feel hopeless at ever finding or knowing answers.

While I no longer believe a monk abducted Jacob and/or assaulted Jared, it is obvious other criminal activity has occurred there and it's been going on for decades. And yet, nothing was ever done to address, remediate or hold the offenders accountable. They were allowed to do as they wished.

Why?

Just a random stream of consciousness on a cold Saturday night. I keep thinking maybe one day one of us will show up with something new that could set in motion a pathway to the truth. The BCA,FBI and Stearns LE have all the cards and the ball is in their court, so to speak, but they could also be hindered by a malignant case of myopia.

The Star Tribune? That paper is far away from St. John's

it in the media.

One of the stipulations of a civil case may be to keep it secret, That is offered so people will take the money and shut up. It is about the money.

But if someone does not want the money but simply justice, the guilty do not have much to bargain with

13.82 COMPREHENSIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT DATA.

Subd. 7.Criminal investigative data.

Except for the data defined in subdivisions 2, 3, and 6, investigative data collected or created by a law enforcement agency in order to prepare a case against a person, whether known or unknown, for the commission of a crime or other offense for which the agency has primary investigative responsibility are confidential or protected nonpublic while the investigation is active. Inactive investigative data are public unless the release of the data would jeopardize another ongoing investigation or would reveal the identity of individuals protected under subdivision 17. Photographs which are part of inactive investigative files and which are clearly offensive to common sensibilities are classified as private or nonpublic data, provided that the existence of the photographs shall be disclosed to any person requesting access to the inactive investigative file. An investigation becomes inactive upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
(a) a decision by the agency or appropriate prosecutorial authority not to pursue the case;
(b) expiration of the time to bring a charge or file a complaint under the applicable statute of limitations, or 30 years after the commission of the offense, whichever comes earliest; or
(c) exhaustion of or expiration of all rights of appeal by a person convicted on the basis of the investigative data.

Is that the whole ordinance? What comes before or after it?

Good points by Chap. There has to be other evidence than the DNA

The person suing has to agree to the terms of the suit, not the person who is getting sued.

So the suer decides if it is going to be revealed or not.

The suer could sue for money, drop the money part and then reveal the info.

Does that make sense?

If a lawyer screws up, give the Lawyers Professional Responsiblity Board the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova