MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time someone says we've never seen Kevin, I ask myself why doesn't anybody else remember seeing him on the news back then? I DO. I have never been able to find the video since then, but I remember him telling his whole story of encountering the cop, then later being afraid to tell, then talking to a police officer years later at a party and then becoming convinced he needed to tell the story. I'm not confusing him with Jared or anyone else (yes, I've seen Jared on the news at least a couple of times too). It was Kevin. And I don't remember him looking unusually tall/short/fat/different.

False memory? Surely if I saw this, Shergal or Human or another of you longtimers did too?

DR didn't do it, Kevin or Alan Hollinger did.

Why is DR a POI and not Kevin? You live there. Do you know who Kevin is?
Was there an AA meeting in the area that night? Most meetings start at 7 or 730 and would make the timing about right.

Hollinger was in recovery

Every time someone says we've never seen Kevin, I ask myself why doesn't anybody else remember seeing him on the news back then? I DO. I have never been able to find the video since then, but I remember him telling his whole story of encountering the cop, then later being afraid to tell, then talking to a police officer years later at a party and then becoming convinced he needed to tell the story. I'm not confusing him with Jared or anyone else (yes, I've seen Jared on the news at least a couple of times too). It was Kevin. And I don't remember him looking unusually tall/short/fat/different.

False memory? Surely if I saw this, Shergal or Human or another of you longtimers did too?

No, never saw him. What is his name?

Was there an AA meeting in the area that night? Most meetings start at 7 or 730 and would make the timing about right.

Was that for Jared? Or if for Jacob, where was the meeting?

The del win was important to investigators because they were able to track down a man from japan that attended that night. He was cleared. The fact several cars passed them made that very important.

I think the man from Japan was an example of how diligent LE was in tracing everything,

This implies the man from Japan was a suspect. I don't think that was the case

Yup, I saw him too. That video used to be online, but all copies were removed several years ago. I sort of vaguely remember him looking sort of normal, possibly not very tall.

There was an AA meeting the night Jared was taken. Hollinger could have certainly been at the polka fest with his background in music.

It is if you're attempting to be completely ominous. Besides, why do laws and rules need to apply to pedophiles? Are they supposed to abide to specific regiments when patrolling for kids?

Exactly. A Sunday evening at 9pm in a remote area is not prime time to be scouting for 10 or 11 year old boys.

Yup, I saw him too. That video used to be online, but all copies were removed several years ago. I sort of vaguely remember him looking sort of normal, possibly not very tall.

If I remember correctly it was a TV news special and they interviewed both DR and Kevin. It was the first time DR had met Kevin If I remember the story.

If I remember correctly it was a TV news special and they interviewed both DR and Kevin. It was the first time DR had met Kevin If I remember the story.

When I saw Kevin it was in that "combo" interview that Trish Van Pilsun did with both DR and Kevin. She stopped DR outside school and asked him some questions. Then the news station spliced it with the interview she did with Kevin. It ended with her asking DR more questions. The transcript is online, the video is not.

Human, Merle said his name on the 911 call, that's why that is known. Kevin did not say his last name in his TV interview.

When I saw Kevin it was in that "combo" interview that Trish Van Pilsun did with both DR and Kevin. She stopped DR outside school and asked him some questions. Then the news station spliced it with the interview she did with Kevin. It ended with her asking DR more questions. The transcript is online, the video is not.

Human, Merle said his name on the 911 call, that's why that is known. Kevin did not say his last name in his TV interview.

Oh. Thanks. His person was totally visible, though, and nothing stands out? Then I am mystified why everyone agrees he is cleared.

Food For Thought. I think Kevin is part of the story....but not The Story.

I can't help but see a connection with Hollinger being a hockey coach for youth and Jacob playing hockey earlier that day. Also, had Jarod been ice skating prior to his abduction? In an old thread it mentions another boy was abducted in cold spring after ice skating??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can't help but see a connection with Hollinger being a hockey coach for youth and Jacob playing hockey earlier that day. Also, had Jarod been ice skating prior to his abduction? In an old thread it mentions another boy was abducted in cold spring after ice skating??

If you could find a connection....that would be useful-to say the least. A connection beyond the hypothetical....a connection beyond the hockey practice. Had Jared's abductor seen him prior to Friday the 13th, 1989? Or was it perchance? Was Jared a hockey player or just a casual ice skater? If a hockey player then maybe a connection. If not a hockey player...then what? I haven't found the info that he was a hockey player but others may know otherwise. The ice itself may be enough of a connection....a predilection towards ice skaters. But even that may prove fruitless....maybe just a kid on a lonely road was enough?

If you could find a connection....that would be useful-to say the least. A connection beyond the hypothetical....a connection beyond the hockey practice. Had Jared's abductor seen him prior to Friday the 13th, 1989? Or was it perchance? Was Jared a hockey player or just a casual ice skater? If a hockey player then maybe a connection. If not a hockey player...then what? I haven't found the info that he was a hockey player but others may know otherwise. The ice itself may be enough of a connection....a predilection towards ice skaters. But even that may prove fruitless....maybe just a kid on a lonely road was enough?

Refer to It Can't Happen Here...
On the abduction date Jacob's dad had taken Jacob to open skate - not a hockey practice. Jacob had previously played hockey, but the season had not yet begun.

DR is not just a good teacher. He hid from the Wetterlings until they asked him to confess.

I think Jacob was at an open skate. Not hockey, that day

I think Jacob was at an open skate. Not hockey, that day

The perp sees Jacob, follows them all the way home, then at about 830pm comes back with a gun and a mask and passes the three boys on the way to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares