MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the boys said they thought they heard something in the trees ON THE WAY TO the store?

No one would park down the DR driveway. i did NOT suggest this. I mentioned the abductor could have pulled off into the trees - no road, no driveway, nothing. I mentioned we would do this when we were young - see previous post.

There's also the possibility the boys were seen bicycling down the road - FROM THE STORE OR AN INTERSECTION. The perp could have guessed they would return, driven down the road while they were in the store, then hid his car. The footsteps stop not far into the driveway but next to trees. The perp could have taken J through the trees to his car.

How would the perp know how far the boys were going on the way back?

Was the road ditched? I imagine it would be. Otherwise the road would fllod and wash away.

Hard to drive a car over a ditch.

this was not a well-traveled road. First the few houses from the Tom Thumb.
Then the DR farm. Then nothing except fo the three houses in the Wetterling cul de sac.

It was a Sunday night with no school the next day. Most people are home on sunday nights, I feel as there is not much else to do.

How would the perp know how far the boys were going on the way back?

Was the road ditched? I imagine it would be. Otherwise the road would fllod and wash away.

Hard to drive a car over a ditch.

Maybe the abductor had no idea how far the boys were going. He was just waiting to see if they passed.

Ditch or no ditch, we would still park in the trees (previous post). I guess it depends on how deep the ditch was.

Trino,

That's what I was saying in one of my posts about that IMO the abductor knew the territory very well. The boys said he was moving towards the woods. And that he could very well have hidden a car somewhere around, in woods on the periphery of the property, perhaps way on the other side of the R property.

the abductor drove a car across a ditch and there was no sign of a car ripping up the dirt as it jounced over a ditch?

And an abductor just happened to be parked on that road at that time where no one goes for what reason?

I would think that an abductor would want a quick getaway, not racing over a ditch.

Where are the trees that he could park behind? I don't see a convenient spot on the map.

So how else could a car have gotten into the woods then, if there was no evidence of a car tearing up the ditch or the area? And for that matter, WAS there even a CLEARING in the woods BIG enough to hide even a small car??

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about this car theory. Horse in the woods -- that I'd buy right now. Hey stranger things have happened I'm sure!

Maybe Lotus could get a closer view aerial map up here that shows further to the back of the R property. There was a road back there at the time, right?

If some perv wanted to get away with a child, he would be able to traverse those woods/fields to a getaway car. These pervs. are capable of anything.

concentric, I don't want to dis your theory. I need more information from you.

Where was this road behind the DR property and how was it accessed?

I don't believe some of those cross streets that are on the map were there in 1989.

If you see on the map, the area is very cleared except for that grove of trees.

So why would a perv be hiding in that grove of trees that night?

We were also discussing the day after the abduction that DR drove a truck with

big boxes loaded in back off his property and LE didn't check them....

concentric, Did I read this right?
This guy just decided to drive a truck full of boxes off his property the day after a neighbors child went missing?

No coincidence in my opinion.

Was it ever checked out where he took the boxes, were they burned, if so where and what was in them?...imo

human, I just think that if a perp./perv. was intent on stealing a child, that he probably would have the adrenaline to carry a child to a car hidden off a side road a significant distance from the abduction point. I'm saying that if we can move the aerial map further from the back of the R property, we can see escape routes from the scene.

concentric, Did I read this right?
This guy just decided to drive a truck full of boxes off his property the day after a neighbors child went missing?

No coincidence in my opinion.

Was it ever checked out where he took the boxes, were they burned, if so where and what was in them?...imo

Read back in posts to find the article listing this detail. Or we will provide you with a link.

human, I just think that if a perp./perv. was intent on stealing a child, that he probably would have the adrenaline to carry a child to a car hidden off a side road a significant distance from the abduction point. I'm saying that if we can move the aerial map further from the back of the R property, we can see escape routes from the scene.

Are you talking about the running trail that DR had back there?

What did this road hook up to that you are talking about?

did Dale street on the right exist in 1989?

On the map, the areas look small, but we are talking a big area. At least a mile? to the Tom thumb from the Wetterlings? or more?

Looking at the map, Lotus post #356, you can see what roads were there at the time, and it seems possible.

He may have gone through the woods and back out onto 16th further down, or 20th Ave., or another road leading to a house or farm, or out to County Rd. 75, right?

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

Watch the video. I noted that towards the end of the video (with the female reporter).

The reporter indicates that:
(loosely paraphrased)..."Feb 7, 2004 DR was questioned by police. 5 days later, they took a DNA sample, and searched his computer files at home, and talked with his family members".

What did he say during the Feb 7 interview that stressed out the LE? I was unaware that the DR gave a DNA sample almost immediately following questioning by LE -- was anyone else aware of this? Interestingly, 5 days after interviewing him, they checked his home computer and spoke with his family!

Makes me wonder what the heck he might have said and how he presented!!? And boy wouldn't I love to see the transcripts or better, video of THOSE interviews!!!

Mysterlover,

Scroll down in the immelman link just provided by margaret diane. You will find the reference to the "big boxes."

I never noticed that Margaret Diane. That is really interesting.

Yet, he seems to have flown under the radar as no one in the community has been that interested in him.

I don't see how DR can say this has been a nightmare, as people have been largely unaware of him.

It seems to more in DR's mind than the community's. All of the nightmare that he has been living under has been in his mind, it appears to me.

concentric, I think that we need someone to identify the distance across those fileds that are plowed with furrows.

A person would be walking at night carrying Jacob who weighed 75 pounds in the DARK. This is not the city. There are not streetlights lighting up the night.

Balckness, walking across those fields? I can't see it.

The distance is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member