MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspect in the van in no way resembled a Huber. Glasses, dark brown hair and bangs.

I am so astounded that with the detailed description of the car that Jared gave that no one recognized it. It does not sound like a real common car. The thing is, the guy thought he might be recognized

It sounds like he would be from the area.

A couple of things to further your point:

1. By all accounts, Jared's perp was driving a newer car. The Hubers do not seem like they would have the means to own a newer car.

2. The perp specifically asked for directions to the Kraemer home. He definitely knew the area. What did this Kraemer guy do for a living? If he was well known in the community it would be interesting to know why he was well known.

1. By all accounts, Jared's perp was driving a newer car. The Hubers do not seem like they would have the means to own a newer car.

2. The perp specifically asked for directions to the Kraemer home. He definitely knew the area. What did this Kraemer guy do for a living? If he was well known in the community it would be interesting to know why he was well known.

Number 2 says to me that the perp has envy, jealousy, or hate towards the Kraemers. The Kraemers may know who the perp is.

The DH's owned farm land so they had to have some income. They could have possibly owned a newer used car. It appears they probably inherited the land in Belgrade as old plat books show that belonging to the parents of his wife. I can only guess that she had a terrible life. I see a brother, not Harvey, passed away not long ago and lived what appeared to be a quite successful life in Des Moines. He was buried this spring in the cemetery
near the Belgrade homestead.

Some of the Kraemers are in the excavating business, maybe they used the gravel pit near the Hubers that was talked about in one of Esmee's reports. That would not be unusual if they had a job in the Paynesville area. I am only trying to put two and two together, no facts to back it up.

That family that has the excavating business also rents out dumpsters, so it's a fairly well known name - you see it on their equipment at a lot of construction sites.

There is also a Kraemer family who lived on Red River Ave. and they had 8 kids. The mom and dad are dead now, but the mom was housekeeper at St. Boniface's Catholic Church Parish house for 22 years. So several people in town would have known that family also.

Kraemer, Kremer, Kramer are fairly common names in Stearns County. (Kremer more in the St. Joe area.) I went to school with 3 kids with that last name.

If they have DNA that has not deteriorated from Jerrod they may be able to quickly rule TH and DH in or out in his case, that type of testing was so new then, I doubt it was done in a hospital as small as Paynesville. It was a different time, parents may have wanted to make as little of the incidents as possible and testing may not have been done for that reason it probably would have meant going to Mpls or St Cloud.

I thought I remember reading something that they did collect DNA from Jareds assault?

Shergal,

Thanks for the response. You will note that the second and third quote you offer were from News Reporters and were not sourced or otherwise explained or supported. The first quote you offer, which is to some extent supported with information provided by Sheriff Sanner, actually says something very different. The statement does not "rule out" the use of a car, it only says that investigators are now open to the "possibility" that the abductor was on foot.

Something that I haven't found is any indication that vehicle tracks played any role in determining what happened. I know that a lot of information has been withheld but relying to much on conjecture it not going to solve this mystery.

Ok, here is Sheriff Sanner talking about it in person. Go to this link and watch the 4th video on that page - the bottom one with the faded picture of Jacob. Sanner starts talking about 1:15 about the tracks...

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

If they have DNA that has not deteriorated from Jerrod they may be able to quickly rule TH and DH in or out in his case, that type of testing was so new then, I doubt it was done in a hospital as small as Paynesville. It was a different time, parents may have wanted to make as little of the incidents as possible and testing may not have been done for that reason it probably would have meant going to Mpls or St Cloud.

They did collect DNA from Jared's assault (and I believe it was the Cold Spring Hospital - not Paynesville - since his attack was in Cold Spring. However they have stated and we have linked before on here that the DNA was not properly preserved back then and the sample degraded. So they never had any to compare to DR, DAH, TH or DH. I'll see if I can find the link for that again.

They did collect DNA from Jared's assault (and I believe it was the Cold Spring Hospital - not Paynesville - since his attack was in Cold Spring. However they have stated and we have linked before on here that the DNA was not properly preserved back then and the sample degraded. So they never had any to compare to DR, DAH, TH or DH. I'll see if I can find the link for that again.

I hope they held onto it though. I googled "degraded DNA" and found there is ongoing research into turning it back around into useful data for ID. (Much like when they talk about awaiting advances to ID degraded victim DNA samples).

I hope they held onto it though. I googled "degraded DNA" and found there is ongoing research into turning it back around into useful data for ID. (Much like when they talk about awaiting advances to ID degraded victim DNA samples).

The only link I could find right now was from Immelman's website, and that may just be his opinion...

The Missing Link

The latest developments in the Wetterling investigation cannot be fully understood without reference to two investigative reports conducted in 2004 by KARE 11 and FOX 9.

The KARE 11 report describes an unsolved kidnapping in nearby Cold Spring, Minn., on Friday, January 13, 1989 — nine months before Jacob’s abduction — likely committed by the same offender. I have it on good authority that DNA evidence was obtained from the Cold Spring abduction, though it’s an open question whether that evidence was properly preserved.

This information is important, because as noted in the FOX 9 report, the person of interest in the current search of the Rassier farm gave a DNA sample six years ago when he was first developed as a suspect. The fact that no arrest was made at the time suggests no DNA match was found.

Added by me: (Or no DNA was available.)

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

Number 2 says to me that the perp has envy, jealousy, or hate towards the Kraemers. The Kraemers may know who the perp is.

Some time between 1987 and 1988 DH sold 23 acres of his land to the people that owned the gravel pit behind his building site. The land is a 1/4 mile long strip that makes a driveway access to the gravel pit. I would guess he would have received about 15,000 in cash at that time for the land,maybe he did buy a car and a police scanner. Mossad told us about the historical map website, it comes in handy to checkout things like this. Someone from Paynesville would know if he ever owned the type of car that Jerrod was taken in. It appears they were very sloppy, I wonder what the interior of the car was like, I don't think I have ever heard Jerrod comment on that.

The Brian Jones that owns the gravel pit and Paynesville Excavating (and his dad worked there and owned it prior to Brian) said in the Esmee interview that they had run ins with DH. If you go to Paynesville Excavating website and look under the testimonials, you can see that they work with the Kraemers, they have a picture of a Chad Kraemer standing by one of their trucks and they comment that even the competition like them. I think it could be possible old Del decided he had a bone to pick with Kraemers even if they did not know he had a bone to pick. The way it sounds driving a truck too close to the property line may set this dude off. Just a thought no facts to back it up. I hope that the LE talk to Kraemers to see if they were hauling out of that gravel pit during the time frame! JMHO.

Some time between 1987 and 1988 DH sold 23 acres of his land to the people that owned the gravel pit behind his building site. The land is a 1/4 mile long strip that makes a driveway access to the gravel pit. I would guess he would have received about 15,000 in cash at that time for the land,maybe he did buy a car and a police scanner. Mossad told us about the historical map website, it comes in handy to checkout things like this. Someone from Paynesville would know if he ever owned the type of car that Jerrod was taken in. It appears they were very sloppy, I wonder what the interior of the car was like, I don't think I have ever heard Jerrod comment on that.

The Brian Jones that owns the gravel pit (and his dad worked there and owned it prior to Brian) said in the Esmee interview that they had run ins with DH. If you go to Paynesville Excavating website and look under the testimonials, you can see that they work with the Kraemers, they have a picture of a Chad Kraemer standing by one of their trucks and they comment that even the competition like them. I think it could be possible old Del decided he had a bone to pick with Kraemers even if they did not know he had a bone to pick. The way it sounds driving a truck too close to the property line may set this dude off. Just a thought no facts to back it up. I hope that the LE talk to Kraemers to see if they were hauling out of that gravel pit during the time frame! JMHO.

Good research!

One thing though - Delbert Huber would have been 56 +/- years old in 1989 - no way would he have fit the description of Jared's abductor. Tim Hubert would have been 22 +/- years old - also not quite fitting the age description.

Also - in the Paynesville incidents, it was said the perp could run fast. Certainly that would rule out DH. Not sure about TH.

Don't you think that Jared was shown the Huber's either in real life or by picture? He said every time there was a suspect he was looking at them

the link you provided mossad is to tampering with a witness. who tampered with a witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod