GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been considered that Laura may have been in the trunk of the vehicle with limited ability to see where she was being taken - i.e. just seeing the color of a house etc.

Just a question as well (am ignorant of the LE/forensic system in the US). How long does it take to check bullets are from a particular gun?

From what I know, ballistics do not take long. Could be done same day, depending on lab.

Am I crazy or did I read that the gas station is 10 miles from where she was found?

The place she was found is almost 10 miles southeast of the gas station. I updated the map to show the location of the farm. :( https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.k8ahUTuQA28U&usp=sharing

However, this article says it was about 15 miles away. Source of the info on where she was found: http://www.startribune.com/family-m...tudent-s-remains-have-been-found/337498681/#1

Oh no😦I am so very sad to hear she's been found deceased. RIP Laura. I am so very sorry.

Am I crazy or did I read that the gas station is 10 miles from where she was found?
http://m.startribune.com/family-mis...-student-s-remains-have-been-found/337498681/

....numerous vehicles from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension had spent at least two hours on the property, which is about 15 miles southeast of where Schwendemann was last seen.

ETA: My apologies ClaireNC. Just seen your post on this :)

Also from article:

No suspects have been named or arrested in connection with Schwendemann’s death, and neither the cause nor the manner of her death was announced. But the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that the public is not in any danger.

Neither cause no manner of her death was announced. Does this mean there was some sort of obvious sign of trauma?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

<snip>

Also from article:

No suspects have been named or arrested in connection with Schwendemann&#8217;s death, and neither the cause nor the manner of her death was announced. But the Douglas County Sheriff&#8217;s Office said in a statement that the public is not in any danger.

Neither cause no manner of her death was announced. Does this mean there was some sort of obvious sign of trauma?

Considering LE hasn't definitively confirmed it's Laura, I don't find it at all surprising there's no (publicly released) CoD yet.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear it for awhile.

I think unless they are really quite sure if there may be additional parties possibly involved in some way and what not, that they'll save that info as it may be something only a perp would know and might giveaway involvement.

I would be surprised if they come back and say no foul play in some form leading to an arrest as one of the only things they said virtually from the start (plus repeatedly) was they did not believe she went willingly.

Since they had the car on camera from the very start at the gas station, I don't think the 'who' she was with was ever unknown (unless the car was stolen) which means to me the fact that she also new the driver would also have been known when they said she didn't go willingly.

If it turns out it's OD related (like AJ who I saw mentioned above) I still could see there being charges related to that in some form (not getting medical aid or something)

I hope I'm not pinning too much hope it's clear based on that bit about her not being willing...

I just can't help but think that was the one bit they seemed clear on from basically the start, and the only thing they released that didn't seem to be some sort of 'riddle' they were sorting out, but rather the one 'fact' they were sure about (even if they didn't know exactly how all things played out after that starting piece of that evening)

I think they'll wait to make sure they have everything they need on those possibly involved and we'll see more of an announcement of involvement and it being homicide (with CoD only specified if they don't think they have any outlying individuals who may have even a small role).

If there in a place where they need someone else to squirm or talk or something that they're hoping to draw out, then I'd see them release it's homicide and not say further for a bit (especially since not everyone knows there are people apparently under watch via the other charges)

And as they (seemingly) have the advantage of having individuals in under other charges I think it's going to give them even more latitude to take their time to make sure things are fully in order.

I think there may be way more going on now than we know even elsewhere b/c this wasn't LE or anything from them that steered them to finding her either. There could be a lot of working backwards know that they know where she ended up that they may be filling pieces in now too before saying more.

But that's JMO :)

cc2b9438876c9dcda79af70f7307dc6f.jpg

My android phone has this safety feature .... note that it sends a picture. It's been in the back of my mind that something similar might be in play here?

RIP Laura.

I had no idea my phone could do that! Thank you!

You could very well be right in your thoughts.

RIP Laura.

cc2b9438876c9dcda79af70f7307dc6f.jpg

My android phone has this safety feature .... note that it sends a picture. It's been in the back of my mind that something similar might be in play here?

RIP Laura.

That's fantastic.
There are apps for iphones, as well, not built in. I know there is ICE and Helpbridge which alerts your emergency contacts.

This is so sad. I'm glad they found Laura before it snowed.

Deepest condolences to Laura's family, friends and community.

http://m.startribune.com/family-mis...-student-s-remains-have-been-found/337498681/

....numerous vehicles from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension had spent at least two hours on the property, which is about 15 miles southeast of where Schwendemann was last seen.

ETA: My apologies ClaireNC. Just seen your post on this :)

Also from article:

No suspects have been named or arrested in connection with Schwendemann&#8217;s death, and neither the cause nor the manner of her death was announced. But the Douglas County Sheriff&#8217;s Office said in a statement that the public is not in any danger.

IMO the BCA would only be helping still if there was a crime. If she walked into the field and there appeared to be no trauma, I would think the county could handle it.

that picture of the corn field... most farmers are harvesting the last of the standing corn which this was. 1st we were so lucky the farmer was paying attention and noticed her (assume clothing), left the field and called 911. 2nd that Laura ended up in an unharvested corn field (maybe not so smart). 3rd the farmer would have noticed tire tracks ruining his corn, so either she walked or she was carried. the road was at least 100 Ft away.

also it bothered me why she was at Holiday at 9:30 on a school night. Morris is a hour away.

Law Enforcement will gather and examine evidence, and the evidence gathered will help determine if a crime was indeed committed. BCA's involvement likely means that criminal acts have yet to be ruled out. If there is going to be an arrest, they will need evidence of a crime.

I'm curious about what it was that made LE know she was at the gas station.

Did she use her credit/debt card there?

Maybe she texted/called someone telling them she was at this gas station?

Did she maybe make plans to meet the person she was seen with there?

Did a clerk recognize her from her missing poster and report that to LE?

I think the video from the gas station will be (was) the key in solving the mystery. It led to the distinct black Geo Prism and possibly the person(s) she was seen with. Her cell phone records might have also led to this person.

I think who ever this person is, that was known to Laura, is the person responsible for her death.

RIP - Laura

JMO

The woman's grandmother, Dagny Schwendemann, of Starbuck, said Laura had stopped by her home alone on Oct. 10 and nothing seemed to be amiss or out of the ordinary.

Schwendemann said her granddaughter got good grades at Minnewaska Area High School, but hadn't yet decided on a course of study at Morris.

"I'm remembering that nice smile, of course. She was pretty good at playing piano &#8212; just a really nice person," Schwendemann said Tuesday.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/humans-remain-found-douglas-county

The man who helped Laura be brought home to her family (more on the area in the post to follow):

Riding high in a John Deere combine as he harvested a sprawling field of head-high corn, farmer Tom Grundman came to an unexpected stop. There, about 30 rows of corn from the nearest road, something wasn&#8217;t right.

&#8220;We just left that field completely,&#8221; said Grundman. Soon he was on the phone with local authorities, and a massive, two-week search for a missing 18-year-old college student came to a wrenching conclusion.

Authorities confirmed Tuesday afternoon that Grundman had found the body of Laura Ann Schwendemann, last seen nearly two weeks ago at a gas station in Alexandria.

Grundman, who was back working in his cornfields Tuesday afternoon, declined to say more about the discovery, citing the ongoing investigation.

And from LE on where they are at:

&#8220;Our focus is now why and how this young woman died,&#8221; said Sheriff Troy Wolbersen. &#8220;We are aggressively pursuing the leads that we have, and believe that we are making active progress in solving this case.&#8221;

http://www.startribune.com/family-m...tudent-s-remains-have-been-found/337498681/#1

More on the specifics of where in the field in relation to any roads, etc. (head high corn - 30 rows or so in) and that LE has still be back on scene even today.

Riding high in a John Deere combine as he harvested a sprawling field of head-high corn, farmer Tom Grundman came to an unexpected stop. There, about 30 rows of corn from the nearest road, something wasn’t right.

<snip>

A Sheriff’s Office volunteer was stationed early Tuesday afternoon near the farm where her body was found and said numerous vehicles from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension had spent at least two hours on the property, which is about 15 miles southeast of where Schwendemann was last seen.

The vehicles navigated into the farmland along a path that had been cut into the corn crop by a combine. Crime scene tape was strung up about 100 feet from the nearest road.

The distance from the road - head high corn and 30 rows in - to me is another thing that points to LE meaning what they said initially, that she didn't go voluntarily.

And I think the odds of Laura getting herself that far into a cornfield off a road is very, very slim.

Even if the 'what if it was an OD' concern/scenario some have raised ended up being relevant (accidental or intentional) I think it still points to someone else being involved, at least at the point of seeming to have dumped her somewhere she wasn't going to be easily spotted until someone got out there to harvest

I'm guessing that unless he knew that farm well, and I think the cryptic clues seem to indicate either he was disoriented at where they had been exactly that night or LE wasn't buying it, but that he probably had to find somewhere and probably also didn't expect her to be found quite as (comparatively) quickly as she was.

http://www.startribune.com/family-m...tudent-s-remains-have-been-found/337498681/#1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back