Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE stated that she never left on foot or in another vehicle.

"Nothing to date has indicated that Maddi left the residence on foot or in another vehicle," Winona Police Chief Tom Williams said.

I took that as meaning she left the house in her vehicle.

Authorities have repeatedly said Kingsbury's disappearance is believed to be "involuntary" and "suspicious," though they have not named a person of interest or a suspect in the case.

If Maddi was alive when she left the house, she may have been forced into her vehicle or left with AF under the presumption she was in no danger. Maddi may have been the one driving the van and that is why LE is being tight lipped when asked if they know who was driving when the van was seen in Rushford.

Followed one case about 10 years ago where a women never showed up at work. She walked out of the house and was approached by her neighbor who needed a ride to work. He held her at gun point and forced her to drive to a secluded place, raped her, shot her, dumped her body and then left her car in a Walmart parking lot. Everyone thought it had to be her husband.

Possible differences in Maddi's case and that case, AF admits to taking the van, LE has said she never left in another vehicle or left on foot. What else is there?

JMO

Joe, I see what you mean, now that I am reading it the way you see it. Makes sense.

I am now thinking possible premeditation. Does anyone else?

If things escalated that morning, it would be quite an achievement to have the presence of mind to get rid of a body by driving around and finding such a spot as described above.

But if you had something in mind already..

Or had a person or two willing to help you along the way..
I’m arriving at the same conclusion. What else makes any sense?

LE states that they both returned home.
I thought the neighbors camera showed them both walking into the house. From 8:15am until when AF left (10-10:30am), what was he doing? And Maddi, she wasn’t on her way to work, nor was she working online or had called in to say she would be late and/or not coming into the office that day. It doesn’t sound as though she used her cell phone either….could it be that AF prepared a place while running his errands and transferred her into the van before picking up the kids, then left the kids alone at night while they slept to move her in the dark? I wonder if their neighbor was home (next door in same complex)?

"LE have assumed she left by vehicle." I thought LE stated there was no evidence that she left on foot or by vehicle? Just sayin.
I went back to the first post and reread the links, as I thought LE said she may have left in a vehicle, as opposed to leaving on foot ?
Post # 73 clarifies it better, as I can no longer edit.

LE said she did not leave in another vehicle, which would indicate she left in her own vehicle, it's just that we don't know who was driving at that time ?
Thanks @Joe Friday !

I've always read it that her last sighting was at home and she did not leave the house (unless removed).
I hear ya. Hmmm.. saying she did not leave home on foot or in another vehicle.....I suppose could mean they checked all the vehicles that were at the home and they determined there was no evidence that she was taken in those particular vehicle(s) which includes the van.. IDK. I wish they would clarify a bit.

I've always read it that her last sighting was at home and she did not leave the house (unless removed).

I've been curious about the fact LE said she did indeed make it back to her house.
Was there ring doorbell footage from a neighbor or even Madaline's own residence ?
Maybe.

Otherwise how do they know this ?
Rhetorical question.^^^

LE have been rather tight-lipped about how Madaline went missing.
My .02 is that there's a reason, they just don't want to tip their hand yet ?
Do they have security footage of who was driving her van ?
Etc.
Imo.

I went back to the first post and reread the links, as I thought LE said she may have left in a vehicle, as opposed to leaving on foot ?
Post # 73 clarifies it better, as I can no longer edit.

LE said she did not leave in another vehicle, which would indicate she left in her own vehicle, it's just that we don't know who was driving at that time ?
Thanks @Joe Friday !
SMH! It is so open to interpretation. I wish LE could enlighten us.

I've been curious about the fact LE said she did indeed make it back to her house.
Was there ring doorbell footage from a neighbor or even Madaline's own residence ?
Maybe.

Otherwise how do they know this ?
Rhetorical question.^^^

LE have been rather tight-lipped about how Madaline went missing.
My .02 is that there's a reason, they just don't want to tip their hand yet ?
Do they have security footage of who was driving her van ?
Etc.
Imo.
There has been no CCTV talk from LE for footage around their house and they have never revealed who was driving the van.

Fingers crossed they are building their case nice and strong.

This is the very first police press release from April 3. It says "She was last seen at her home in Winona, MN."

This is what the LE is saying and what we know: last time she was seen it was at her home in Winona.

So, to me, for her NOT to be at her home in Winona anymore, it does not mean that she drove away herself but that someone has suspiciously and involuntarily caused her to no longer be there. This is how I am reading it.

1682554684561.png

I am now thinking possible premeditation. Does anyone else?

If things escalated that morning, it would be quite an achievement to have the presence of mind to get rid of a body by driving around and finding such a spot as described above.

But if you had something in mind already..

Or had a person or two willing to help you along the way..
It had to of been planned out not to of found her by now. Which will be premeditated. A few years ago there was a case where the gal went missing. She was put in the river in a big tote with weights in it. Took a few weeks but the gases from the body blew the lid off the tote. He put bullet holes in the tote so it would sink. The guy got charged with premeditation.

It had to of been planned out not to of found her by now. Which will be premeditated. A few years ago there was a case where the gal went missing. She was put in the river in a big tote with weights in it. Took a few weeks but the gases from the body blew the lid off the tote. He put bullet holes in the tote so it would sink. The guy got charged with premeditation.
That's a good point.

Press release
April 26, 2023

View attachment 417447

Do WSers think this is strategic or just grasping at the very unlikely options? In other words, do they have some idea about old wells and windmill bases or are they just grasping at whatever straws are left?

This is what the LE is saying and what we know: last time she was seen it was at her home in Winona.
Did we even find out who or what observed her at home? I always thought that was the baby daddy, as opposed to something like a 3rd party or video evidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirkmoody
Back