GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know that MO FSD doesn't do enough... Example - Woman I used to know would NEVER buckle her babies in the car. She'd put the kid in the car seat and then just toss it in the back seat of the car. Got pulled over and got a ticket for not properly restraining her kid. That's it.

Fast forward, her 3 - 4 year old still barely speaks, he just mutters and grunts, has a two inch long crack in his heel, drops him off at my sister's house where he's dirty, has nasty clothes on, and no socks or shoes. My sister bathes him puts clean clothes on him, no shoes though because she didn't have any that fit, and takes him to church. FSD visited her multiple times... She always knew they were coming. Never had her kids taken away.

Frustrating!!!!

I have big issues with MO FSD. At least in SW MO. Not sure about the rest of MO.

I'm in Jackson County and I learned all about this agency when I had issues with my 15 year old daughter. If they ever show up at my door again, they'd better have a warrant, because I will never voluntarily let them in my house.

So sorry to come in and hear this news. RIP beautiful angel. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Our background screenings generally come back with "No findings". The state runs it through MSHP among other agencies. You can't have anything that has anything to do with children or abuse or any felonies. I'm guessing he did not work at that facility. In the state of Missouri, if the facility is funded with any medicaid dollars and you employ someone who's background screening comes back with any "findings", the state can recoup the money they have given you during that person's time of employment. It's very frustrating in that it usually takes upwards of 60 days to get a person registered and then the screening results. You can NOT employ that person until that is done. It is possible that he was "hired" pending the results.

Do they do periodic checks after the original background check is done ? I don't know how long he worked there. Plus, if he hadn't been convicted at the time he was hired, would the arrest have shown up ?

The place where he claims on FB to work denies he ever worked there?

Our background screenings generally come back with "No findings". The state runs it through MSHP among other agencies. You can't have anything that has anything to do with children or abuse or any felonies. I'm guessing he did not work at that facility. In the state of Missouri, if the facility is funded with any medicaid dollars and you employ someone who's background screening comes back with any "findings", the state can recoup the money they have given you during that person's time of employment. It's very frustrating in that it usually takes upwards of 60 days to get a person registered and then the screening results. You can NOT employ that person until that is done. It is possible that he was "hired" pending the results.

Do they do periodic checks after the original background check is done ?

grrrrrrrr......KOAM needs to check their facts before reporting! The girls BB claims as his "daughters" on FB are NOT his kids! :rage:

Do they do periodic checks after the original background check is done ? I don't know how long he worked there. Plus, if he hadn't been convicted at the time he was hired, would the arrest have shown up ?

We have to do a criminal background check at employment. We also do a check with what's called the Family Care and Safety Register. All employees or potential employees have to register with the FCSR. The FCSR sends out a list quarterly of persons who's name is on the list. (if a person's name is on the list, they are disqualified from working in any facility of this type in the state of Missouri). The employer has to check the list when it is received. (it's a Class A misdemeanor to knowingly employ someone on the list).

From FCSR: "...committed acts of abuse, neglect, misappropriation of funds or falsification of service delivery documents." (this is what gets you on the disqualification list.

One of the facilities he said he worked for is a Medicaid & Medicare facility, I know for sure. Not sure about the other.

I'm in Jackson County and I learned all about this agency when I had issues with my 15 year old daughter. If they ever show up at my door again, they'd better have a warrant, because I will never voluntarily let them in my house.

How frustrating. Spend their time when it's not needed and ignore the poor kids who really need their help. :-(

Revenge killing, sex killing?
I don't care.
It looks like he lured her away and had his way with her.
No matter the motive, she was a 100% innocent victim.
I personally have a "I hate you" button for anyone. Man or Woman that kidnaps and kills a child.
The potential WHY. Does not matter to me.
Because ALL the WHYS are pure Bull.
There is NO reason. NO REASON to kidnap and murder a child. None.
I, for one, do not care if you had a bad week, I do not care if you were in bad mood. I do not care if aliens took over your body and mind. Or, more likely drugs.

I also...Do not care if you had a lousy childhood.
But..in America, you'll likely plead not guilty, and be awarded an attorney for Free, who will argue to anyone that will listen-that you did not commit the crime, or, if the evidence is so over-whelming, that you committed this crime, only because you had a lousy childhood.
For me. The bottom line is this.
You kill a CHILD. You never walk free again. Ever. And. I mean EVER.
Not this...serve 1/3 of your sentence and you're eligible for parole BS.
One last- but realistic comment.
When and only When, crimes like this start affecting our law makers will you see
Changes that toughen up our laws.

As long, as our law makers live with their families behind gaited communities, private schools and all the security one could ever wish for-they really...are unconcerned about the rest of we peasants.
That goes for the elite members of the ACLU as well.
In my opinion, one of the most misguided group I've ever heard of.

With that said. God Bless. John Walsh and his wife "Reve"
What an amazing couple, who stand up and fight against pure evil.

In my mind-forever.
If you kill a child. You are Pure Evil. Done.

There may have been a sexual assault, as well...

but I, too, am beginning to think it is a revenge killing...

JMO

IMO, criminals like this cannot be rehabilitated. Escalating behavior, mixed in with possible drugs/alcohol and possible mental illness... When is enough? I am so sad tonight thinking about her final hours and how we all never know if we could meet up with one of these monsters. That is what he is. Hugs to all of you for being here, doing what we love to do. It's so sad that our passion crosses paths with this pathetic type of person. My heart is so heavy for everyone close to this.

How frustrating. Spend their time when it's not needed and ignore the poor kids who really need their help. :-(

Yep. I talked to a friend who has a friend that was a social worker in Jackson County and she quit for that very reason. Said she would be forced to leave kids that she felt were in danger while watching kids be taken from good homes for ridiculous reasons. I never laid a hand on my kid (she just didn't like the rules and consequences), and this guy was charged with assaulting one. I don't get it.

I don't care.
I personally have a "I hate you" button for anyone. Man or Woman that kidnaps and kills a child.
I, for one, do not care if you had a bad week, I do not care if you were in bad mood. I do not care if aliens took over your body and mind. Or, more likely drugs.

But..in America, you'll likely plead not guilty, and be awarded an attorney for Free, who will argue to anyone that will listen-that you did not commit the crime, or, if the evidence is so over-whelming, that you committed this crime, only because you had a lousy childhood.
When and only When, crimes like this start affecting our law makers will you see

As long, as our law makers live with their families behind gaited communities, private schools and all the security one could ever wish for-they really...are unconcerned about the rest of we peasants.

In my mind-forever.

JMO

This is a small town in Missouri. I don't think he'll ever walk free again. And if he does....it won't be for long.

Good info. TY. Yet wasn't there a suit filed (per the casenet records) involving him and a hospital facility? No details showed up on that one...

And it is Not enough.
If he committed this murder and torture of an innocent child, we should Never hope that "someone" might take care of him-aka. Dispose of him.
Our law makers should make sure that he ends up someplace where he can never. Kill another child again. Ever.
That's their job.
Nobody else needs to be a vigalante, taking him out.
The law should take him out.
Out of society. Forever.
Aka- you kill a child. You are done. Period. Big town, small town. It doesn't matter.
In my opinion, you are wrong about a town person taking him out. Completely wishful thinking.
The repercussions are too great. Plus, it's not our job to take out scumbags that's why we have a judicial system.
However, from what I keep seeing, our judicial system works more in favor of the bad guys, versus for the victims. Thank you not. ACLU. My opinion.

This is a small town in Missouri. I don't think he'll ever walk free again. And if he does....it won't be for long.

GOOD! NO FB for LITTLE KIDS! JMO MOO!

I hear you. I have some nieces and nephews in their teens who have FBs. Needless to say, I freak out. Their parents seem to think its cool and, since apparently not having children makes me subnormal and stupid, they disregard my advise. They should check WS and see why I am such a privacy freak. Sigh.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/br...5vzfRtw?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter "James Horton, Adriaunna's father, said Bourne worked remodeling jobs for him until Bourne was put in jail "about a year ago." He said "everything was square" between him and kidnapping suspect Bobby Bourne. Until...Bobby was in jail. While Bobby was in jail, James said he took care of Bobby's wife and her 4 children, and "gave her jobs, bought them groceries.""
Looks like no good deed goes unpunished... SMH

I don't care.

In my mind-forever.

JMO

All good points, Kali...

Studying the motives behind the behaviors of a perp should not be an exercise in finding EXCUSES for their actions...

but, hopefully, can help PREDICT the creep's next steps when attempting to apprehend the perp...

and to, hopefully, one day PREVENT these heinous assaults from happening again in society...

JMO

This is high profile for Golden City and Barton county. I think they will be very careful how they handle this prosecution. Golden City does not have its own police force. Barton County Sheriff's department serves as the only LE the town has so I think they will do everything in their power to prosecute him to the fullest extent. I am also wondering if he may face federal charges. If so, then federal court would take over the prosecution. However, I think Barton county could still file local charges on him. As for the records being unsealed in the future, that is up to the judge. I have seen cases in Barton county that seemed to disappear off the record forever and others that were sealed indefinitely.

This is personal for a lot of people. The Horton family has lived in Golden City for generations. It's a small community that when people need help the town rallies around them. It is going to take a long time for this family and community to heal. My heart aches for the Horton family and friends. I don't see how the community can ever be the same. There is only one school with kindergarten through 12th grade in it so the children in town all know one another. I am just in shock and saddened and angry that this monster took the life of this beautiful, innocent, little girl and that she has been taken from her family. I hope and pray that they throw the book at him, that it is done quickly, and he never has the chance to hurt anyone else again.

HLN stating that a GM of Adriaunna has stated the perp not only worked for/ with the dad but also came over to their home. We already knew that the 2 sets of children played together. I guess we have to now teach our children that family friends may be monsters in disguise...

Now? It's always been more likely that a crime like this will be committed by someone the child knows. Just look at this board! The majority of the children that have vanished/been assaulted/been murdered here will have suffered at the hands of a family member or acquaintance (some stats here http://www.freerangekids.com/crime-statistics/).

To me, that's one of the reason the laws don't work - because "it's family". Even here people have written of abusers who have avoided the register and/or jail because of plea deals. Even here there are people who just want to see the perp dead and aren't interested in "why" - even though understanding might help them recognise signs in the people around them. Surely part of the problem is that we don't want to see those signs?

Apologies for derailing this thread... I do think that discussions on laws/death penalty/parenting etc should be for Downstairs and threads here should be purely kept to the case. But we all need to understand that Stranger Danger is the exception....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989
Back