GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the bicycle has been found, disposed of in the same body of water as the body, cording to the perp. Body has not yet been found.

I thought it was just the training wheels last week? Maybe I missed the bike being found.

ETA: I see it now in today's release. Thanks.

Here's a newer article: http://abcnews.go.com/US/breeann-ro...gan-confesses-plastic-bag/t/story?id=14310359

It's indicates what some have speculated, that the plastic bag is being regarded as a weapon, and that hiding the bike was tampering with evidence. Hence the two charges of, "armed criminal action" and, "tampering with criminal evidence". This confirms that.

""It is alleged that he did so by use of a dangerous instrument, a plastic garbage bag. He is also charged with tempering [sic] with physical evidence by concealing her bicycle in the investigation of her death.""

BBM
My Mexican friends HATE being called 'Hispanic.' They feel like it makes 'Mexican' a dirty word or a negative thing. They are Mexican American and proud of it. They do not like being lumped in with all the other spanish speaking nationalities. That has been my experience anyway.

One of my Son In Law's is a Hispanic. It's ok for the "family" to say Mexican, others not so much, it's an insult. Two of my Grandchildren are part Hispanic. Call them Mexican's and their Hispanic relatives are likely to get ugly. :floorlaugh: I wonder if it's a regional thing? We live in Texas.

I want to do a what if.
What if Shawn was not home that day, assuming what the affidavit says is true, and she did climb in that pool and drown.
Who would have been held responsible?
This could have been what went through his mind, that is most likely pretty tweaked, "you drown in my pool, I'll be sued, I know how Mexican's are."
I realize we know nothing about this man, if he is a pervert, if he has hatred toward Latino's, does he have anger issues, does he get along with all the neighbors.
I am only going by what has been presented in the affidavit, and I think it showed prejudice.
I don't want to be jumped on this, It's my opinion only.

So how would this affect the flow of water? Would this slow down the rate of how fast something would flow through this ditch system? And once you reach Hornersville, seeing as how it is pretty much all swamp, would a body stop in there somewhere due to becoming hung up? Or could it flow straight through down to Big Lake there with no problems? Any ideas?
I just can't see it getting far,,,, there are just to many things to snag on.
The current is there but almost imperceptible,,, a pencil sized stick would be enough to fight the current.
In the late summer I used to look for Native American artifacts just Downstream from Big lake.
At this water level there is a very skinny strip of mud "2 to 4 foot" along the waters edge that hasn't overgrown with weeds.

This has me puzzled, a jailer couldn't get a message to Morgan. What phone? Morgan is in jail, why would he have a phone????

I think the reporter is making two different statements. One, that a phone number listed for Morgan, is disconnected. Two, that he/she called the jail to send a message to Morgan and was told that a message could not be delivered to him. Not that he has a phone in jail.

In most areas, it is the responsibility of the pool owner to secure it from such an occurrence. If the pool is fenced in, gates are locked, etc. and someone tresspasses, and still accesses the pool and drowns, much less the responsibility of the home/pool owner. The keyword would be to take necessary precautions.

MOO

I think that the pool ladder excuse is just another way for him to try to give an altruistic reason he grabbed her in the first place. It sounds as if he wants LE to think that he grabbed her for a good reason: to keep her from falling into the pool.

Maybe he thought that the charges wouldn't be as serious if he said he grabbed her for a good reason then accidentally lost his temper. Maybe he saw the Casey Anthony trial and he is already thinking up a sob story to feed a gullible jury. Copycat!
For all we know, he may have lured her to the backyard by saying "wanna come see my pool? "

could this TV coverage/trial........getting away with murder be his
fantasy and he did it?
Sounds wierd but:

Breeann is 3 years old.
Breeann is beautiful.
Swimming pool.
Suffication.
Garbage bag.
Swamps.
and it does remind me of Caylee.........

does this SM take drugs? medications for some emotional problems?
Sex drugs? what age is he again?
JMO

One of my Son In Law's is a Hispanic. It's ok for the "family" to say Mexican, others not so much, it's an insult. Two of my Grandchildren are part Hispanic. Call them Mexican's and their Hispanic relatives are likely to get ugly. :floorlaugh: I wonder if it's a regional thing? We live in Texas.

Where I live, the only thing Mexican is Taco Bell.

I'm also in Texas. My dad is married to a Mexican/German woman. She is very proud that her family descended from people who held original Spanish land grants. She is in fact Mexican, and calls herself that. My cousin-in-law grew up in New Orleans, but his family is from Honduras. He's not Mexican. He'd rather not be called that. My other cousin-in-law descends from El Salvador. Again, not Mexican. I think there are still people who use, "Mexican" as a catch-all for Latino or Hispanic, without realizing it's incorrect. It's born of ignorance, and MAY be racist, but I'd consider it more insensitive, than hatred.

Of course none of that speaks to the state of mind of our perp at the time of the crime. He may have been racially motivated, and not cared about her country of ancestry, just simply resented her ethnicity. On the other hand, he may just be a predatory, or opportunistic pedophile and he ignorantly referred to her as Mexican. On the third hand, she may in fact be a Mexican-American.

Beats me.

The current is there but almost imperceptible,,, a pencil sized stick would be enough to fight the current.
In the late summer I used to look for Native American artifacts just Downstream from Big lake.
At this water level there is a very skinny strip of mud "2 to 4 foot" along the waters edge that hasn't overgrown with weeds.

Unrelated question for you, Don, how's the racial tension in Senath? Gracias.

Well that pretty much debunks my theory. Thank you for your input :) I was basing my theory off the fact that I have no idea about those ditches and that Body Float link someone posted. I just assumed she might travel all that way. Apparently not so likely. Therefore, *sigh* he has to be lying about where he left her, or something carried her off. And I really don't want to think the latter!

Out here in the Los Angeles area LE often differentiate between the various types of Hispanics. There is a large Mexican-American community and many other Hispanic communities like Guatemalan and Salvadorian. The cops often differentiate in their reports because of the various gangs and differing cultures. I have seen the use of the term Mexican in describing a particular subject, as opposed to the umbrella term of Hispanic. One reason is the various neighborhoods are differentiated by nationality as well. Because of that it would be pertinent information to describe someone as one or the other nationality.

I know it made no difference in the description of a 3 yr old, but am just explaining that I have seen the differentiation used by LE before.

I'm in Texas....a cop describing a Hispanic person as a "Mexican" would get fired.

Thank you for the link. I hadn't seen it before. Dumb question coming, I see 1,2,4 where is 3 or what would have been 3?

MAYBE the Probable Cause paragraph is 3, but I don't really know.

-----------------
I remember this case out of Mpls/St. Paul. MN: John Jolley. He worked in a store, and when a little girl went to go to the restroom, which apparently was in the basement where he was unloading boxes or something, he decided, with no priors, to abduct her, put her into a box and take her home to sexually molest her and murder her. I think he said he was bored and wanted to know what it was like.

I lurk reading Web Sleuths and am in AWE of all of you with your great skills and knowledge. I just had to jump in with the info on this blanketly-blank John Jolley as just seeing his name angers me to this day.

WARNING GRAPHIC ACCOUNT:

Concentric, this jerk killed her in 1992 just eight blocks from my house in Mpls. Everyone was looking for little Margaret Marques. He grabbed her in the basement of the store and hit her with a mallet/hammer but could not knock her out. So he then strangled her until she passed out. First he brought her home, showered with her and fondled her while his mom and stepdad where at the State Fair.

Before they got back he put her back in the box and he brought her to his brother's apartment in a box, he sexually molested her for two days, then drowned her in the bathtub by laying on top of her. After she was dead he fondled her some more...

Jolley said Margaret never said a word after he hit her in the head, so I always prayed that she may have already been 'gone' mentally. He left her body in the woods.

And to make things creepier, later that year on the same street another jerk waited until his girlfriend was taking a shower, took their few week old baby, and shook it until it was injured and died. I shudder every time we drive down the street then say prayers for these two blessed angels.

He claimed multiple personality disorder. But he was found sane and guilty of first-degree murder. He was sentenced to life in prison and it was upheld by the MN Supreme Court.

Fellow Web Sleuthers, keep up the wonder work.

BBM
My Mexican friends HATE being called 'Hispanic.' They feel like it makes 'Mexican' a dirty word or a negative thing. They are Mexican American and proud of it. They do not like being lumped in with all the other spanish speaking nationalities. That has been my experience anyway.

That reminds me of a t-shirt I recently saw in San Antonio. It said something like "I am not Hispanic or Latino, I am Mexican!". So, you are right. Some are proud of their heritage, but I have a lot of Mexican friends that will only say Hispanic or Latino because they think the word Mexican is considered not pc or even has a negative connotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member