GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still like to know what led LE to SM. Does anyone know for sure? Is there a link to that info?

I have heard that it was his wife. She commented that he was acting strange and I guess he confessed to her. Anyone know more details. ty

I have heard that it was his wife. She commented that he was acting strange and I guess he confessed to her. Anyone know more details. ty

This is a complete rumor- only seen on Facebook and other comments under articles. We do not have any idea how they found out. We do know he did not answer the door (or was not home?) when LE started canvassing the neighborhood.

I wonder if any of the neighbours called anything in, someone must have seen something!!!

I avoid Facebook like the plague anyway, but I find it especially useless for the purposes of 'sleuthing' in cases like this. While there may be a snippet or two of truth mixed in with the rumors, gossip, and lies, it's too hard to sort it all out.

Still so sad for this little one. I can't even bring myself to speculate on how or why he did it. I just can't stop thinking about how terrifying her last moments were, when probably only minutes before that she was smiling and having fun with her brother on her bike.

And then thinking of her Dad, out there looking for his little girl, and I just lose it. And then both of them In court today?! they are unbelievably strong. I don't know how they are doing it. :cry:

Posted by Jo_in_Calif

I would think that LE took prints off that ladder, that would corroborate, that part of his story, so I am assuming that part is true.

I'm curious and don't intend this to be snarky - where would they get a set of Breeann's fingerprints to rule out all the other possible prints on the ladder from?

Do parents of young children have verified prints of their children on hand? I believe I still have my youngest DD's DNA sample that the local Fire Dept swabbed for us at a safety awareness event, but we never had fingerprints done. Is this something new(er)?

I'm curious and don't intend this to be snarky - where would they get a set of Breeann's fingerprints to rule out all the other possible prints on the ladder from?

From something in her home.

But I don't think her prints being on that ladder are as big a deal to LE as her prints and DNA being elsewhere, and on other things.

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1753551.html

This is the first I've heard of the reverse 911 call. Wow. That means everybody in town knew about it pretty quickly. This implies that he practically MUST have left his house to go dump her before LE started searching.

I wonder how immediate "immediate" is. Anyway of finding a time on that call?

Does everyone call LE when there spouse acts "weird"?

LOL.. that has been my exact thought for the past couple of days ever since I first saw the 'she thought he was acting weird' reference.

My guess is that she saw a whole lot more than that, or that he said something to her--perhaps even by phone before she came home.

I wonder if LE takes BP and pulse beforehand to get a baseline? I would think so because they ask what kind of any meds your on (Hailey Dunn case) I would prolly flunk it because of BP--if not. imo

Yes, they do. The baseline is commonly acquired by the inclusion of "control" questions, such as, "Is your name [actual name]?" and/or "Are you age [not real age]?" The former example, in which the person's answer is known to be true, are negative controls; the physiological response, if any, recorded is not specific to deception. The latter case, in which the subject is telling a known lie, is called a positive control. If no addition physiological evidence of stress is recorded during responses to these questions, it is an indication that the test may not be able to detect the subject's physiological reaction to deception.

Do parents of young children have verified prints of their children on hand? I believe I still have my youngest DD's DNA sample that the local Fire Dept swabbed for us at a safety awareness event, but we never had fingerprints done. Is this something new?

I would think that her house would have her prints, if the parents never had one of those kits done.
I do not think you are snarky at all.

Does everyone call LE when there spouse acts "weird"?

JMO The wife must have found something or he confessed to her. Not sure who used the term "weird", but it must have been something significant to call the LE on your own spouse. That is, if this story has any truth to it.

From something in her home.

But I don't think her prints being on that ladder are as big a deal to LE as her prints and DNA being elsewhere, and on other things.

Don't you need "verified" prints to rule out any other prints on an object? How many items in that home contain only Breeann's prints. How would they distinguish between Bree, her brother, cousins, friends, anyone else who touched an item?

I have serious doubts that she was anywhere near that ladder, so I don't think at this point it even matters - but DNA found in that house is another matter all together.

That would be awful to pass a poly but to be told by authorities you've failed. If they passed, what could be gained by telling them they failed? If you pass, you're cleared from knowing further information which is why they give them, right? To eliminate you from being a person of interest? This whole story seems a bit sketchy to me, IMHO. It just doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint. Authorities clearly told them they failed. If they failed, they failed. But I would question the accuracy of whomever gave the test.

My family member was told he failed a polygraph, and then grilled by the administer as if he was lying.

He was later told by his PO that he passed with flying colors, but that some administrators tell you you've failed to see if you will admit to something else that wasn't covered on the poly to "explain" why you failed. Or just to see if you are one of the people who can "beat the box" and get you to confess.

He was pretty disturbed that he had been lied to about failing. As were the rest of us! We all thought he failed...didn't believe he was telling the truth to us. He felt betrayed by us that we didn't believe him. It was just awful then, and there are still strained relationships today. And this wasn't about anything like a missing child!

So I can't imagine how terrible THAT would be.

Do we know if dogs were ever brought to her house for trailing and probably more importantly if HRD dogs were brought to his house? It is likely too late for a trail to be run given the conditions, but it would be easy enough for HRD dogs to help paint the picture of what went on at his house.

My personal opinion,

That he lied that she was ever at his house,
The time line doesn't work,

I think it is very possible he was leaving in his truck saw her closer to around her house grabbed her and did what he did in his truck as he was driving south to the Fields were no one was around.
Probably started taking apart her bike at the location the training wheels were found thinking he would throw pieces out as he drove but some one in a car may have come down the road so he had to keep driving.

That is the only way I can see him being able to be back looking so soon.

He only said she was in his yard so he could try and deflect the point that he came after her and abducted her.

I still have a problem with his story. The dad said the bike would get stuck where the actual wheel would spin because of the training wheels. Could she get her bike into his backyard without that problem? Maybe the timing is off, but a 3 yr old would have a hard time repositioning the bike to get it to go and it would take some time. Those little bikes are not easy to deal with on unlevel surfaces. I think he would have had to have gotten her off the road or she left the bike to get to the pool. If she left the bike, he would have had to have the time to do his evil deed and then get the bike before it being seen. I really think he got her off the road, bike and all.

Could his prints be on the training wheels? Maybe that is why he admitted to the bike, I think he is lying about where he put this poor baby.

Don't you need "verified" prints to rule out any other prints on an object? How many items in that home contain only Breeann's prints. How would they distinguish between Bree, her brother, cousins, friends, anyone else who touched an item?

I have serious doubts that she was anywhere near that ladder, so I don't think at this point it even matters - but DNA found in that house is another matter all together.

Well, LE could take the other family members' prints, too, and then lift prints off items that they know Breeann touched in her room or in the home. If there are three prints on an item, and two of them match somebody else in the house, then that leaves Breeann's. I don't know that they DID do that, but they could if they didn't have her prints from some other way. I know that years ago LE used to have events at malls and such where you got your kids fingerprinted, but I don't know if they do those anymore or if Breeann might have been fingerprinted.

But I agree that the ladder isn't all that important. It doesn't matter if he grabbed her from a ladder or next to a rosebush or from a chair. Plus, she could have been in the yard before and touched things then. It's more likely (to me) that they would have questioned him about where he had her in his house and look there.

The affidavit doesn't include everything LE learned; it's more like a brief outline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand