Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Removed general reference to rumors>

on another note, I believe I found animal abuse charges for this man in Case Net and a connection to Sarcoxie Missouri, where the body of a college student traveling to Iowa University was found. She was last seen by passerby’s with a truck driver helping her try to fix her vehicle which was known to those around her to be unreliable.

Last edited by a moderator:

on another note, I believe I found animal abuse charges for this man in Case Net and a connection to Sarcoxie Missouri, where the body of a college student traveling to Iowa University was found. She was last seen by passerby’s with a truck driver helping her try to fix her vehicle which was known to those around her to be unreliable.

Can you elaborate on the animal abuse charges and sarcoxie connection? I am looking at what I have and must have missed that.

I believe I found what youre looking at. There's a James C. Phelps who lives in Sarcoxie and has several animal related crimes on his record. They record his DOB as 1979 in a few of those cases, so I believe this is a different guy.

Without a reliable source talking in order to verify, no credible investigative reporter for MSM is going to print rumors.
I don't think LE have stopped searching for Cassidy.

As rumors swirl, investigation continues into a missing woman and two Lebanon men

"Federal authorities have ramped up the search for 33-year-old Cassidy Rainwater."

That's a relief. Dallas County is a very small county. In 2010, it had a little over 16,000 people, it's probably less now. All rural with a few small towns.

Dallas County, Missouri - Wikipedia

Their prosecutor probably doesn't have much budget to investigate and try such a big case. Just guessing, but he may not even be full time.

I think they already found the killer of Tammy Zywicki, via DNA evidence. It was last year, IIRC, that the news broke on that one. I-44 is a major route for long haul, coast to coast trucking traffice, so unfortunately there are many unsolved cases of missing women along the way.

Tammy Zywicki Case: Accused Serial Killer Investigated in 1992 Slaying

There are a lot of other cases of missing women along that corridor in SW Missouri. The animal abuse charges are very disturbing, too.

Can you elaborate on the animal abuse charges and sarcoxie connection? I am looking at what I have and must have missed that.

As previously posted above, I had the wrong name -- his name is James David Phelps, not James C. Phelps -- per this article from Inside Edition. 2 Men Arrested in Connection With Missing Woman Kept in Cage: Reports

Thanks to the user who caught that! But yes, there are tons of missing women/"runaways" in this area that could have come into contact with these two, let alone the fact the other SOB is a truck driver -- lets hope they have records of where he's been and he doesn't own his own semi (when you drive for someone else you have to keep records, and larger companies can track you via GPS), however I read that Timothy Norton slept in his semi on the property of Phelps, so that makes me think he owned his own rig.

I am considering going to see the area in person to gain some perspective, but am unsure if there is still a LE presence there and don't want to disturb any active investigation going on. I'm not very far from the location.

If this is all true, someone in LE had to have released details, which really is a shame because that could jeopardize the case. I'd be interested to hear what else you heard from a coworker, but probably isn't allowed to be posted on here?

Frankly, I find it all VERY hard to believe, and I don't want to be party to spreading the rumors. As always, the truth is almost certainly somewhere in between a simple kidnapping and the version of the story that's being circulated by word of mouth.

On ViCAP going through missing persons. So far there are two that have stuck out. Please keep in mind I am only speculating here on a possible connection.

AMY WELLS BRIDGEMAN - WELDON, NORTH CAROLINA — FBI
From flyer "[...] may have left the area with a long haul truck driver", has some tattoos which seem to be BDSM related. Maybe she met this person on a dating website?

ERICA L. THOMPSON - BROOKFIELD, ILLINOIS — FBI
Her phone was found the day after she went missing in Springfield, Missouri -- which is about 45 minutes away from where Cassidy Rainwater was last seen.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The facts as known in the news media are serious enough. Given:

• They were holding a young woman captive who has now disappeared
  • Were abusing her for sexual purposes
  • Took photos of her which were apparently distributed elsewhere (hence the tip to FBI)
  • Aroused suspicions of LE investigating Cassie's disappearance when they visited Phelp's "home"
it's very possible there were other victims. Phelps also reminds me of Todd Kohlhepp. People capable of holding someone captive while abusing (and probably killing them) have very likely killed before.

Todd Kohlhepp - Wikipedia

ETA: I'll also add the FBI has departments that specialize in investigating the "dark web" to find evidence of criminal behavior, so if there's other possible crimes involving these two, they will find the evidence.

On ViCAP going through missing persons. So far there are two that have stuck out. Please keep in mind I am only speculating here on a possible connection.

AMY WELLS BRIDGEMAN - WELDON, NORTH CAROLINA — FBI
From flyer "[...] may have left the area with a long haul truck driver", has some tattoos which seem to be BDSM related. Maybe she met this person on a dating website?

ERICA L. THOMPSON - BROOKFIELD, ILLINOIS — FBI
Her phone was found the day after she went missing in Springfield, Missouri -- which is about 45 minutes away from where Cassidy Rainwater was last seen.

Yeah, the truck driver connection really has all kinds of implications in this case. I wonder what company he drove for, and for how long?

Timothy Leroy Norton has listed his home of address as 386 Moon Valley Rd, Lebanon MO on court cases back to 1992, but has also used addresses connected to trailer houses in Wright City, MO, Montreal, MO and Camdenton, MO on other court cases.

Timothy Leroy Norton has listed his home of address as 386 Moon Valley Rd, Lebanon MO on court cases back to 1992, but has also used addresses connected to trailer houses in Wright City, MO, Montreal, MO and Camdenton, MO on other court cases.

So he moved north and south along the corridor through the Lake of the Ozarks, between I-70 and I-44.

Are either of them showing drug busts? TIA

So he moved north and south along the corridor through the Lake of the Ozarks, between I-70 and I-44.

Are either of them showing drug busts? TIA

All the criminal charges that aren't traffic tickets that I've found are related to passing bad checks. He's also got some civil judgements for financial stuff as well.

All the criminal charges that aren't traffic tickets that I've found are related to passing bad checks. He's also got some civil judgements for financial stuff as well.

They’ve both been in trouble for writing bad checks. Kinda weird. And also for not wearing seatbelts. Not that it’s relevant but odd that both of them were in trouble for the two exact same things.

They’ve both been in trouble for writing bad checks. Kinda weird. And also for not wearing seatbelts. Not that it’s relevant but odd that both of them were in trouble for the two exact same things.

The weirdest thing so far is that there are all these seemingly unrelated creeps using the same address for so long. We already know about these two weirdos, but there was also a registered sex offender there in 2015. It really gives off a drug house vibe to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1