Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to give kudos to you for putting the MBP together so quickly. You were the first one to mention this specifically and I just say how impressed I am with all of you who were discreetly saying the same thing right off the bat.
Thank you Zuri, though I really do wish I was wrong. I have been so saddened by this horrible crime.

I will say that among my first thoughts when speaking to a possible/(probable?) purveyor of Munchausen's by Proxy was, if this child ever kills its parent it will be imminently understandable.

Forgiveable, though? Perhaps a very different thing.

I fell down the rabbit hole today with this case. The stuff being posted on the FB case page is absolutely mind blowing. Every time I got a hold of the details I went and lost my grip. It's SO much saner over here at WS.

I've seen it stated that both Dee Dee & Gypsy had disabilities. Has anybody seen anywhere it says what Dee Dee's disability was supposed to be?

I really had to sit on my hands with this one. I hate to rush to judgement and I hate it when I get an instant "something ain't right" feeling about such seemingly nice people... that just won't go away. But I'm afraid when I see multiple disorders, feeding port, pitiful stories and fundraising going on the red flags start waving. Kate Parker in Oregon and Lacey Spears in NY showed me what these mothers will do.

I had no idea it could go on this long without the child dying, but Gypsy may have either been programmed or have been willing to go along with the charade in order not to lose what they had. She was the cash cow. Dee Dee didn't deserve to die, although she certainly stole Gypsy's life from her, and was probably a monster behind the sweet facade. So the horror movie ending to this sick story sort of makes sense if you're writing fiction. But how horrible that this is real life! And how sad that many of us just knew this would be the ending.

My heart goes out, not just to their family and friends, but to all of us, who always hold out hope for happy endings, and so seldom get them. This one is the worst IMO.

I also recall someone saying (maybe on DeeDee's original FB page) that there was unopened mail dating from the 8th (possibly still in the mailbox?).
The fact that DeeDee may have been dead for 6 days before discovery really makes me wonder how in the world the neighbor was unable to find her in the house. I would think your sense of smell alone would lead you right to her.

Yes I still think that's a bit dodgy.

I am doubting he even went in the house at this point. Or he has been instructed to lie about his actions? Some people really like to be self important and this may be one of those times. IMO

There was something imminently familiar about Dee Dee and daughter upon viewing that first picture -- of course! I remembered; they'd fit in well with a certain subset of characters connected to Ignatius J. Reilly, John Kennedy Toole's protagonist in his comic masterpiece about New Orleans.

Stabbed in the back while sleeping. When they could've just left with money and ran away.

I fell down the rabbit hole today with this case. The stuff being posted on the FB case page is absolutely mind blowing. Every time I got a hold of the details I went and lost my grip. It's SO much saner over here at WS.

How dare you offending us like that saying we're sane people? :)

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

I just noticed that their original FB page (with the horrible posts that Gypsy made) is still up, but the title of it has been changed to "Remembering Dee Gyp Blancharde." Otherwise, everything else is the same.
I wonder who changes that? Does FB just automatically put that if the user is deceased?

I really had to sit on my hands with this one. I hate to rush to judgement and I hate it when I get an instant "something ain't right" feeling about such seemingly nice people... that just won't go away. But I'm afraid when I see multiple disorders, feeding port, pitiful stories and fundraising going on the red flags start waving. Kate Parker in Oregon and Lacey Spears in NY showed me what these mothers will do.

I had no idea it could go on this long without the child dying, but Gypsy may have either been programmed or have been willing to go along with the charade in order not to lose what they had. She was the cash cow. Dee Dee didn't deserve to die, although she certainly stole Gypsy's life from her, and was probably a monster behind the sweet facade. So the horror movie ending to this sick story sort of makes sense if you're writing fiction. But how horrible that this is real life! And how sad that many of us just knew this would be the ending.

My heart goes out, not just to their family and friends, but to all of us, who always hold out hope for happy endings, and so seldom get them. This one is the worst IMO.

You got my vote my dear friend.

I feel sorry for all 3 of them. The whole thing is just so beyond comprehensible that I have no choice but to wish them luck.

It's actually too pathetic to laugh at and too surreal to want to exploit.

I don't know. Jeez

I don't know if that is considered MSM, but the interview gives a lot of information. I especially noticed the comment that DeeDee's mother was odd and controlling as well.

I've seen the family interviews and what her mental state is alleged to have been (hows that for politically correct?). But, the original missing/endangered information said they both had disabilities. I was wondering what Dee Dee claimed her disability to be. I'm thinking she would have disputed the family claims, but yet she apparently did say she was disabled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if that is considered MSM, but the interview gives a lot of information. I especially noticed the comment that DeeDee's mother was odd and controlling as well.

I'm taking that interview with a grain of salt. He hasn't seen the family since gypsy was 7 or 8.
I did have to lol at dee dee only eating potatoes. Cos that's relevant.

Now that "the cat is out of the bag" so to speak, I can let everything come tumbling out!!!

OMG! What is this world coming to?

I have to admit that I was EXTREMELY suspicious of the whole deal from the very beginning and it started with a story about Gypsy receiving some money and she chose to give it away instead of keeping it for herself. Her explanation for giving it away was so sugary sweet I wanted to gag. I knew right then because it was just so "over the top". Then I started looking at the pictures and they were so posed and fake. They were weird. It was creepy. I couldn't for a minute see a disabled child. I started thinking about what a terrible person I must be for not believing in this child. What did this say about me? And by the way, that's what they banked on!

I know we are victim friendly and I couldn't say anything but I just knew that all was not as it appeared.

They are scammers and we now know that, but Gypsy had no choice in the beginning and my guess is that she had no choice in the end. I believe that not only was Mama a scammer but she was also rife with mental illness. I think horrible things happened in that house and we are going to hear about all of it. Seriously, who does that to their own daughter? Whether it be MBP or some other ailment all was not well in that house.

I believe that Gypsy targeted the boyfriend. I think she sought him out on-line looking for someone "simple" that she could control and manipulate. I don't for one minute believe that Gypsy is mentally impaired (perhaps mentally ill) but her cognitive skills and problem solving skills are just fine. Perhaps not as refined as others but OK. I think she gave him what he wanted and in return he did her bidding. I think Gypsy wanted Mama dead for a long time. It was her only way out and to live a normal life - if that was even possible after all of this.

In the end, neither one of them will be receiving the death penalty. There's going to be a big story of abuse by Dee Dee and she's no longer around to refute it. The boyfriend will get hit for something but I'm not sure where he will end up. Gypsy is another story. Holy Moly...what do you do with her?

This is a horrible horrible story.

Excellent post! You said everything I'm thinking, only much better than I could.

:goodpost:

I've seen it stated that both Dee Dee & Gypsy had disabilities. Has anybody seen anywhere it says what Dee Dee's disability was supposed to be?

I haven't seen anything explicitly saying what Dee Dee's disabilities were. I could take a guess at risk factors by looking at her picture, that's about it. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141