Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some interesting reading at this site of a book titled "Criminological and Forensic Psychology
By Helen Gavin" I hope it loads up as it gives a good insight etc when children have their parent/s murdered. Very complex to read tho FWIW>>https://books.google.ca/books?id=da...ave their parents murdered psychology&f=false

Thanks for this link. It shows how complex this case is morally and legally. I really hope it never goes to trial. There is a good chance both Gypsy and Nicholas could be acquitted, which I don't think should happen. There do appear to be facts that would mitigate the harshest punishment. I hope a middle ground can be found, based on what I know so far. Further facts could change my opinion, of course.

I cannot remember who named Malingering as a DX, but this is more confirmation they are correct.

Mental health expert discusses Blanchardes' lies

http://m.ky3.com/mental-health-expert-discusses-blancharde-lies/21050392_33642334

Good find. Here is the relevant quote, and a further comment that human psychology is complex and that there may be more than one factor at play here. I suspect that is very true.

While some of Dee Dee Blancharde's actions seem like Munchausen by proxy, Rost said her behavior doesn't fit the bill for the disease.

"For Munchausen to be present we say there can not be monetary gain involved." Rost said. "The other possible option for this is malingering, and malingering is just when someone intentionally creates symptoms to gain something." Malingering is not a mental illness.

But Rost says psychology is very complicated, and we may get a clearer picture of Dee Dee and Gypsy's mental states as the investigation goes on.

"Human behavior is complicated, its complex, and it's rare you find that there's one factor that comes into play," Rost said.

BBM

http://m.ky3.com/mental-health-expert-discusses-blancharde-lies/21050392_33642334

I am curious what Dee Dee told her about her dad. Think of how many "normal" women speak of their children's fathers. What would someone like Dee Dee tell their child about their father?

IMO

Nothing Good!

What mother wouldn't go after her teenager that ran off with a strange man she met on the internet?

Well she had no other choice but to meet someone on the internet!
That was her only escape.

Her mother was keeping her dressed like 10 yr old but she looked 80!
Very sad situation.
As I see it it was all MOMS fault.

I wouldn't have put it past MOM to kill gypsy. After all with as SICK as she made her out to be she would have to eventually die right?

I think all MOM cared about was mom!

All JMO

The death of your child after a long struggle with illness at such a young age would be the ultimate pity party for mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, WS'ers speculated on these things early on and they are now coming out.

This is from the FB group, so considered rumor. Apparently KR3 news is running a story this morning with interviews with another cab driver. This is a female cab driver, not the man that took them from the house to the hotel. When Gypsy told the cab driver her name, the cab driver told her about the movie Gypsy and said you probably wouldn't know it. Gypsy responded that yes she did know the movie, it was her mother's favorite movie.

Apparently the news piece also says that they were pretending to be brother and sister and JG cut his hair to look like Gypsy.

I checked KY3 online, but this story hasn't been posted yet.

I am curious who was the "legacy contact" behind the Dee Gyp account, since it has been changed to "remembering", and someone indicated the photo had been changed. Since it was a ointly named account, it almost feels strange to me to have a memorial facebook where the picture is of the still-living party to the account.

I am curious who was the "legacy contact" behind the Dee Gyp account, since it has been changed to "remembering", and someone indicated the photo had been changed. Since it was a ointly named account, it almost feels strange to me to have a memorial facebook where the picture is of the still-living party to the account.

I think it is odd that somebody has access to that account and has been able to edit it. Also right after DD's body was found their website, I think it was gyspyroadtrip.com was edited to direct people to the go-fund-me donation page. I wonder if a "friend/neighbor" was acting as a sort of PR person for them. Handling some of their online accounts and such. I have a guess as to who it might be.

The private messages — obtained by KSPR News — show Gypsy was in a secret relationship with Nicholas Godejohn for more than two years. The Greene County Sheriff's Office used the messages to track down the couple in Wisconsin after they went missing.

XX she’s known Gypsy since they were kids – they both grew up in the Habitat for Humanity neighborhood in northwest Springfield.
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/face...-of-gypsy-blancharde/21051620_33640790?item=0

Gypsy hair looks shaved................???????????
mother treated her like a 7 year old doll.................she was not allowed to grow up, have boyfriend, etc

Jumping ahead as I try and catch up this morning. A very revealing insight into Gypsy's social life. It parallels (in many ways) my own 17 yr old who has a moderate developmental disability. She's not disabled enough that she's unaware of what other 17 year old girls are doing (boys, fashion, music, etc.) but she is disabled enough that she really doesn't get how to be a 17 yr old the way other girls do, that don't have the disability. She's also aware that she has it, and it's tremendously frustrating for her because there's nothing she can do about it.

I'm seeing the same thing in Gypsy but for FAR different reasons. I think hers was brought on by her mother's mental abuse that has warped her thinking, since she was a baby.

moo.

I really wish Gypsy had contacted her father in Louisiana and told him what was going on. They were FB friends. A private message to him might have ended this once she was over 18 even if her Mom saw the message. Then again, we don't know what DeeDee would have done to hold onto her. Maybe Gypsy did try. We just don't know. It's rumored that stepmom said they tried to come visit and DeeDee always gave them the runaround. It's easy to say coulda, shoulda, woulda from the outside, but we don't know the whole story yet.

If Dee Dee was as controlling and manipulative and deceptive as I believe she was, can you imagine the story she told Gypsy about her father and the reason they don't stay in touch with him? Shoot, even the most "normal" ex-wives in the world get caught up in the emotion of being angry at the ex tell the kids awful things about their dad. I suspect Gypsy didn't see her dad as a "safe" person to contact at all, more than likely due to whatever her mom told her about him.

Pure speculation, but it makes sense to me.

I am curious what Dee Dee told her about her dad. Think of how many "normal" women speak of their children's fathers. What would someone like Dee Dee tell their child about their father?

lol, I really should read ahead before I comment, so I don't end up saying the exact same thing someone else already did :)

This is a case that you don't really know what to think, and yes nobody deserves to get killed, but what if Gypsy's mom was the one who killed Gypsy because of all the unnecessary medicine she used to give her to make her feel sick?

Either way karma bit them both in the arse.

The psych evals on both Gypsy and Nicholas will be a fascinating read if they are ever released. A smart poster here posed the question about the two even understanding their Miranda Warnings when questioned by LE. The confessions didn't seem to take long, which leads me to believe they were without guile, which is a conundrum for me. IMO

Good Morning,
My thought after sleeping on this nightmare again is this:
Gypsy was conditioned, brainwashed to living the life of deceit and lies her whole life. Sadly, her defense lawyers will likely continue perpetrating this act by trying to make Gypsy appear frail (I heard rumor that they want her in A wheelchair for court appearances). How confusing for an obviously already broken mind. I bet she would benefit from ending the whole charade, pleading out, then getting the help she needs mentally. Maybe even get to know herself a bit too. I'm also going to hazard a guess that the rage she felt against her mom was closely entwined with love. How sad. This is only my opinion.

The death of your child after a long struggle with illness at such a young age would be the ultimate pity party for mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too true, but then the $$$ train would Peter out. I think her greed for the trips and gifts was stronger than the attention seeking. I'm not sure if she is classic Munchausen by proxy, or some other beast all together.

Did Nicholas and Gypsy really meet on a CHRISTIAN dating site?? Or was she just telling her friend that?? Doesn't sound like their current interests are very Christian...Bizarre.

Also, after reading over the latest developments, sounds like she met other guys online that tried to take advantage of her. This was all just a ticking time bomb...with either Dee Dee or Gypsy ending up dead, or worse.

From what has come out so far it is pretty apparent that Gypsy's only real outlet was the Internet and that she wasn't exactly portraying herself in the light that DD had worked so hard to get her shown in. We all know that DD basically ruled Gypsy's entire life. My question is... Did DD know anything at all about Gypsy's online persona? Was she at all aware of the other, private "Emma Rose" Facebook page that her daughter was privately using? It's clear that DD was involved in every aspect of Gypsy's life outside of the Internet... I can't imagine her not being suspicious and looking in to the increasing amount of time Gypsy was spending on the Internet and connecting with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974