Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily defending her, but she was taught from a very young age that it was OK to lie. The story her cousin told of when she got out of the wheelchair and played with her cousins and suddenly dropped to the ground when her "mother" appeared, is an example of that. She does not know the boundaries of society. She has a very different moral code from the rest of us. She is like one of those children who was raised by wolves or that really bad 1980's movie where two kids grew up on an island alone.

I do feel sorry for her, but I would not trust a word that she says.

I agree

What does anyone make of the fact that Gypsy "hid in the bathroom" while her mother was being stabbed?
I mean...from whom is she hiding? Did she just not want to witness it? That's the most logical explanation, but it's still a strange detail. I don't understand why she would have had to "hide" in the bathroom (I just checked the probable cause statement to make sure that's the term they used, and yep, it was).
I guess there's the argument that if for some reason DD wasn't killed and she survived the attack, she could more reasonably say that it was a random intruder and that she wasn't involved. She could have done that just as easily from her bedroom.
But I haven't seen much evidence that anything else in the crime was that well thought-out, so I don't know.
I wonder what Gypsy's bedroom looked like. I haven't seen any pictures of her room. I saw one of her in a bed in a room. Looked liked a hotel or mom's room maybe. I am curious what the home looked like inside.
Wait there is that video from 2008. I'll 93rd look at it. I think they showed the den and bathroom.

What does anyone make of the fact that Gypsy "hid in the bathroom" while her mother was being stabbed?
I mean...from whom is she hiding? Did she just not want to witness it? That's the most logical explanation, but it's still a strange detail. I don't understand why she would have had to "hide" in the bathroom (I just checked the probable cause statement to make sure that's the term they used, and yep, it was).
I guess there's the argument that if for some reason DD wasn't killed and she survived the attack, she could more reasonably say that it was a random intruder and that she wasn't involved. She could have done that just as easily from her bedroom.
But I haven't seen much evidence that anything else in the crime was that well thought-out, so I don't know.

Yeah maybe she was afraid her mom survived, or she didn't want her mom to know she had a hand in her death

Usually bathrooms are a bit more isolated than bedrooms. Maybe she didn't want to hear her scream. That would also explain why she couldn't kill her herself.

If You watch videos of Gypsy, you can see she is a talented actress

Maybe she hid in case the boyfriend was unsuccessful and DD fought back? I'm curious to know how long he was at the house. Was DD aware that he existed?

If it is their site, I find the type of relationship they seem to be into very interesting:

I guess Gypsy did enjoy being infantilized. And he enjoyed his "knight in shinning armor/protector" role.

I wonder since she liked the role of "lil girl" with her BF , if it was her that demanded this sort of "lil girl" attention from the mom? Are we sure DeeDee was the mastermind? What if Gypsy played sick, made herself sick and mom believed her? is there any evidence showing that this is not the case?
I know I read on FB that Gypsy was jumping on a trampoline with her cousins and when Dee Dee saw her jumping, Gyspy collapsed and went back to her wheelchair.

Alsol why would she enter a "relationship" pretending to be disabled if she wanted freedom from this abuse her mom was supposedly putting her though?

why did they choose stabbing as the way to murder DD?
seems very personal, full of rage............
why not poison? gun? strangle?
where both of them abused or saw stabbings, cuts?
Seems so overkill, doesn't it???

I think part of the challenge with trying to wrap our brains around what Gypsy did is that we're mostly trying to look at the situation from OUR perspective (i.e., through the lens of unbroken minds).

Gypsy's mind is terribly, most likely irreparably, broken. After 20+ years of such abuse by her mother, it's impossible that her thought processes are in ANY way similar to those of a rational "sane" person. She's far, far, far from a normal 23-year-old.

So, yes, while she had a boyfriend, and multiple Facebook accounts, and while she could have escaped at any time, unless we've experienced the same monstrous form of abuse practically since birth, we have absolutely no idea what's going on in that little head of hers. JMO and all of that.

My thoughts exactly!!!

According to the probable cause statement, she did hear her mother's screams.
Maybe you're right, maybe she didn't want her mom to know she was involved. I don't know why she couldn't hide in her bedroom just as easily (seems like it would an easier way to block out the screaming too). She could just as easily feign ignorance if her mom survived the attack.
Not that any of this makes a ton of sense.

According to the probable cause statement, she did hear her mother's screams.
Maybe you're right, maybe she didn't want her mom to know she was involved. I don't know why she couldn't hide in her bedroom just as easily (seems like it would an easier way to block out the screaming too). She could just as easily feign ignorance if her mom survived the attack.
Not that any of this makes a ton of sense.

I don't know about u but....
When bad things happen we tend to run to the bathroom.
Or a closet.

Listen to this young woman talk!
I mean really
Is her voice like that from years of talking that way?

I read in a comment section of a news article on this whole case from a supposed relative that Dee Dee was force feeding her Tegretol. The court video shows a very helpless weak individual who has a very child like voice. She was groomed to play the part for so long. She became what her mom wanted. She eventually snapped. I am not sure she really can fully know how to act as an adult since she was always kept as a sick child. So sad. It will be curious to see what the diagnosis is if it's not munchausen by proxy. She certainly was emotionally abusing her but forcing powerful drugs on her is physical abuse. I usually watch cases from the peanut gallery but this one really bothers me.

if Gypsy decided suddenly not to take this Tegretol, could the withdrawals cause her emotional breakdown? rages? thoughts of killing her mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974