Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way, I feel really sorry for Gypsy, if what we are surmising is true. It seems as though Gypsy was never "allowed" to develop normal coping skills or be exposed to the outside world. If she never attended school or was mainstreamed or whatever, she is extremely limited.

If true, Being the "cash cow" for her mother, who was able to defraud the Social Security Disability system for years by altering her DOB and whatever other nonsense, how did Gypsy ever stand a chance to truly know right from wrong? What if she thought her only way of escape was to kill her mother?

Forgive me, but looking at Gypsy being 100 lbs and her mother appearing to be "very well nourished", I wonder if that too was part of the fraud. Gypsy needed to appear a certain way to garner sympathy and money. If in fact this was MBP, IMO Gypsy has been cruelly abused for her entire life. Maybe Gypsy saw this as her only way out. I am certainly not condoning the murder of her mother, I just wonder if her limited life lead her down this dark path and final result. IMO

Are you kidding me? Mailed the murder weapon??? We need to get her in touch with Mensa. Forgive me for stealing your words, but you're spot on. Priceless!!!

Godejohn told police he traveled to Springfield and stabbed Dee Dee to death at Gypsy's request, the statement says. Godejohn and Gypsy then took "several thousand dollars" from Dee Dee's safe and fled to Wisconsin, the statement says.

Godejohn told authorities he asked Gypsy if she was sure she wanted him to kill Dee Dee and she told him yes, the statement says. Godejohn said Gypsy was hiding in the bathroom while he killed Dee Dee, the statement says.

Godejohn told authorities he mailed the knife to his residence in Wisconsin after the act so he would not get caught with it, the statement says.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/new...arde/28803189/

Your comment seems to direct towards my past post in which I mention her age. If you're referring to my own comments, you're misquoting me. I didn't compare her to "any other" 23-year-old, whatever that even means.

However I still stand by my argument that we're giving this girl way too much credit.

She was raised as donation bait....yes. I mentioned that as well. I also wonder if at a certain point she became part of it. Whether that's true or not, I guess we'll find out. She wasn't stupid, that's a fact. Every video or interview I've seen makes it seem like she's as smart as she could be in her situation. But honestly....we're going from being raised as donation bait to being raised to kill?
If your argument about ethics and morals stands, how she's not like other women her age, then she doesn't know that murder is wrong. Yet she knew it was wrong enough to run away after she did it, and getting "hired muscle" so to speak.

We're jumping from fraud to murder here. Like I said before, the whole innocent victim who snapped thing is not clicking with me.

Sadly, I bet in a year she will be acquitted because others will believe it.

No, I wasn't referring to your comments at all. Just thinking out loud about the affects of a manipulative, abusive atmosphere on a developing child's mind. It doesn't mean she didn't learn right from wrong, it just means it means something different to her than it would a normal 23 year old.

I might have had some sympathy or compassion for GRB if I hadn't seen her mug shot.

I still think these kids could have impaired mental abilities.
Godejohn talking about how he would never kill anyone unless Gypsy asked him to...also apparently freely admitting that he thought about raping his girlfriend's either gravely injured or deceased mother (why even mention that you had CONSIDERED that?), hanging out in MO for two days, then just heading back to his place (after mailing the murder weapon!)?
"He stated he would not have killed anyone unless Gypsy asked him to, and this is why he killed Clauuddinnea." - from the PCS.
That seems like almost child-like logic to me. "well, I mean, she asked me to, otherwise I never would have."
None of these actions make me think anything about this was thought out by two well-functioning adults.
In fact, you take several thousand dollars from a safe and then just...go back to your folks' house? After making brutal FB posts FROM YOUR OWN ACCOUNT? At the very least, you make the posts and chuck the phone so police would think the killer(s) made the post before ditching the phone.
But none of that occurs to them. I don't know, I have a feeling that there's some mental impairment. And I would guarantee that that will be the tact that a defense attorney takes.
OR this story could take another crazy turn.

I can't believe this case! I'd kinda forgotten about it once Gypsy had been
located & was spending time looking at post of the missing. My brain is fried! I expect this story will appear on one of the tv crime channels at some point - I'll find it equally hard then to believe that it's non-fiction!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess all we really know about her abilities or lack of, is what Gypsy and her Mother have told people over the years.

I do believe she may have been a sickly child and this is where the deceit started.
Its hard to look at a sick child and not want to do something to make things easier.
Mom may have realized how generous people were and how much easier life was living off the generosity of kind hearted people
Maybe she liked the attention that often comes with a debilitating illness
I have had very sick friends who became almost addicted to the attention given to them through their illness

When I showed my 15 year old the pic of D and G hugged up that the news outlets are spreading around, he thought D was the daughter and G was her elderly, frail mother.

I thought the same thing! But then I looked at G's arm and it looked quite young, filled-out and healthy.

I think any attorney worth their salt is going to try the insanity plea. But, I think a lot will hinge on premeditation. Obviously, GRB had enough cognition, intelligence and opportunity to meet a man online and set up the escape plan, complete with home address and/or directions. And was able to call a cab for the two of them. If that's the case, one would think she possessed the skills to contact somebody (even the same young man) for help in just getting out of there. I don't know, 911 maybe? I would think that turning your mother in would be a whole lot less drastic than having her murdered!

As has been sleuthed, GRB's second Facebook profile has her friends with her dad, stepmom and members of her mom's family (last name Pitre). If you can set all this escape/murder stuff up with somebody from Wisconsin without mom knowing, it looks like you could also FB message your dad.

On another note, I'm fairly certain that she will get a public defender. Yay, Missouri state tax payers can also fund her defense after all the other funding she's received.

I will go out on a limb here and say Gypsy is going to sing like a bird to explain why she did what she did. And I think that's going to be as gruesome and heartbreaking as the rest of this case. I don't think we're done being disgusted.
Agreed. Remember the piano scenes in the movie Sybil? I'm going out on a limb to predict we learn of similarly torturous acts having been done to Gypsy as a young child.

As has been sleuthed, GRB's second Facebook profile has her friends with her dad, stepmom and members of her mom's family (last name Pitre). If you can set all this escape/murder stuff up with somebody from Wisconsin without mom knowing, it looks like you could also FB message your dad.

I don't know... I'm getting a really weird vibe from the Snowgypsy page. If you look at some of the comments made on her photos by "her," they appear to be written by DeeDee (See the comment below the Cinderella photo). I wonder if DeeDee managed that page as well.

Stabbed in the back, found on her bed. I'm so furious for that woman right now. Doesn't matter what she did over the years, nobody deserves to die.
Nobody deserves to die like that .

If she was dead on her bed, how did the neighbors not find her when they entered the home?

I don't know... I'm getting a really weird vibe from the Snowgypsy page. If you look at some of the comments made on her photos by "her," they appear to be written by DeeDee (See the comment below the Cinderella photo). I wonder if DeeDee managed that page as well.

I think you might be right on the FB page. But, I still think if you can find a way to contact a man 600 miles away to come and kill your mom and help you escape, you can find a way to just escape.

When asked about the home they lived in, Sheriff says the community tends to be trusting and in this case didn't work out.
Also he corrects his previous comment and says there was a call about a burglary in April.
It was probably Gypsy that stole it that time too.

I actually wonder if Godejohn had ever come down there before, and he was responsible for the robbery (to start making it look like the family had been targeted previously).

It was probably Gypsy that stole it that time too.

Yeah that was definitely my first thought. They asked him if they had any suspects and he said they were definitely going to open it back up again with what has happened.

I agree--we totally don't know what happened inside that house, and I don't believe financial fraud makes someone deserve to be murdered.

But if it's anything like what it looks like--that a perfectly healthy child was denied a normal life by her mother and made to believe she had to go along with it, then the mother created the monster that killed her.

All she had to do was walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member