MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is important for cforgy. Could you please close the link to the voice recording asap. If he's not around can suziQ do it from websleuths side? Apparently the judge ruled in favor of the fulfords after such a long wait, and they get to depose her. I know she won't remember what she said in that interview, and so we need to close it and hear the next round of stories for the deposition. Thank you... i just closed all of the document links. this is a little unexpected considering that there are no results from the autopsies yet-

I have just started reading this thread a week or so ago. I have to say, I am glad you posted the audio file, because it is really difficult to believe that all this is true! If it was a novel, it would sound too far fetched! It is just amazing that she has been walking around free all these years and doing these things to people. I am so sorry you and your family are living this nightmare. It is wonderful news that the deposition will be moving forward. I sincerely pray that justice will be done after all these years. Her victims deserve justice.

This is important for cforgy. Could you please close the link to the voice recording asap. If he's not around can suziQ do it from websleuths side? Apparently the judge ruled in favor of the fulfords after such a long wait, and they get to depose her. I know she won't remember what she said in that interview, and so we need to close it and hear the next round of stories for the deposition. Thank you... i just closed all of the document links. this is a little unexpected considering that there are no results from the autopsies yet-
Hooray for the Fulfords. Maybe justice is getting served a little bit at a time. Now what is next?
I have to tell you, Lucky2, chills went up and down my spine when I listened to the audio file. It was eerie hearing her voice once again and how cold it sounded.

UPDATE ON CRIMINAL CASE:

Apparently one of the F.s called the Agent who is currently in charge of the case yesterday. (This Agent has mostly stepped into the shoes of the Agent who retired and actually knew what was going on. This current Agent is apparently very young, I heard even in his 20's?? and was confused about whether Sammy was Christie's dad or Christie's husband. Both men have body parts being tested at the FBI lab, but Sammy is still alive and Bruce is deceased. It seemed he wasn't really knowing the case at that point anyway.) The Agent told the F. family member that they expect results back on the exhumations/testing from Quantico in 7 - 10 days, and at that time will let the family know if they are continuing the case or dropping the case. He did not say if those results included Sammy's rapidly growing tumor that was removed at John Hopkins after that summer living with Bruce and my mom, or if it included Roy's test results, which I think should be considered as key evidence also.

I am feeling a little stressed out about it because they said one time that even if they found substances in the remains then it wouldn't mean they could prove anything, and even if they didn't find substances in the remains it didn't mean they wouldn't move forward on the circumstantial evidence that they currently have. They also said that they were going to try it as all one case, not any individual cases. They ALSO said that even though a few people tested positive for substances while alive, there was no way to prove who's hand did it, or where the substance was obtained, or how it was administered, so pretty much impossible to prove.

I think I am afraid because they said that there are so many substances that can be considered poisonous to humans, that they could not proceed with testing unless they identified for Quantico what they were looking for fairly specifically. They decided to go for testing for a selection of heavy metals based on various things. I don't know if that means that something could be there, but not tested for. (anti-freeze, whatever)

so, that's what I know for now.

I admit to being more than a little shocked at the unprofessional way this case has been handled by the FBI. I truly thought they were better than that. It is frightening that there appears to be so much evidence of a woman running around poisoning people and they are not on top of stopping her. How many more people have to suffer before they act?

I admit to being more than a little shocked at the unprofessional way this case has been handled by the FBI. I truly thought they were better than that. It is frightening that there appears to be so much evidence of a woman running around poisoning people and they are not on top of stopping her. How many more people have to suffer before they act?

I think that the FBI has at times blown me away with how good they are, and other times confused me with how little they seem to be "on it". I notice it is dependent on the person handling the specific task. The Agent that did my polygraph was amazing- he completely had me going in different directions, had me crying over something that turned out to be him leading me down a path to see how I would react. (He apologized afterwards but said it was his job.) He was older, and amazing, and got everything right. The person that did my mother's polygraph was a professional serial killer interviewer, and I heard he was amazing as well, and I think he got his analysis spot on as well. The Agent that was in charge during the exhumations was excellent- but he was older, (in his 50's?) and very experienced. I felt comfortable with anything he said or did. This new Agent may not be representative of what they are all like, but he is in charge now. He has been very abrasive to the families involved to the point that no one wants to talk to him! But, maybe that's his tactic... He is the one that had Roy's body brought in, and frankly, I have to give him some credit for that. It could be that he is very good, but that he just isn't that great at communicating. Let's hope for that!

wow.. it took me about 3 1/2 hrs to read this thread... had never heard the story.. and yes,, its ...just outrageous.. i am sooo sorry for all your pain lucky2 and the rest of the families...

Dont know what else to say except you are very brave and God Bless you and yours,,,

take care :angel:
PS websleuthers sure are an intelligent bunch huh?

wow.. it took me about 3 1/2 hrs to read this thread... had never heard the story.. and yes,, its ...just outrageous.. i am sooo sorry for all your pain lucky2 and the rest of the families...

Dont know what else to say except you are very brave and God Bless you and yours,,,

Thank you, and also- cforgy and landauxvassie need everyone's prayers and thanks as well because if you notice, I sound like a different person before last winter versus after- and it's because cforgy helped me through some difficult times and thoughts. He is suffering through all of this too because of Roy, and I just am so grateful for him and landauxvassie.

I have a question for the few people reading this thread, (all 10 of you ;) ) I just wondered on a scale of 1-10 how unusual you think the situation with the salt is. I have a recording which I am not going to share right now because of the case, where she denies she ever had any salt shakers at all when I asked her about the 12 - 16 shakers she had in her cabinet. I reminded her she told me it was dirt in the shaker that she scooped in, and she said she recalled nothing like that. Then- later that night she called me, recorded, and she said she remembered that the lid fell off when she was peppering something, and so that's how all of the "crap" got into the salt. Then the next day she called family, and told them I was crazy. Then- she told the family I accused her of poisoning me with salt at thanksgiving (which didn't happen) and put the skull and crossbones on the salt and pepper shakers and said that they were "her poison". Then, she wrote me an email a year or two later where she said the stuff in her salt was sea salt- end of story.

So- do you think this is the sound of dementia or covering? Thanks for your views- it's the only real thing I saw with my eyes, and I wonder if there is any other angle to take it than the one I have taken.

On a scale of 1 to 10? At least a 12. First it was dirt, and then it was pepper that "fell in" , and then it was sea salt? Sorry, but it appears to be the sound of covering to me. Did anyone ever check any of her salt shakers? If she had so many, some of them could have been "clean" while certain others held salt mixed with whatever. (Sorry if this has already been addressed---it has slipped my mind if it has.)
In reference to your post about the hysterectomy---that conjures up all kinds of frightening and disturbing possibilities of things that may have caused that scarring. I would think that any of those possibilities could also cause severe psychological and emotional scarring which in turn could cause any and all of these behaviors. I'm not excusing ---just still trying to find a reason(s) for why this all has happened.
Your posts about your grandmother were heart-wrenching to read---and must have taken incredible strength to write. I hope getting it down in print did help to ease some of the pain that you're feeling.

totally agree.

lucky - I think you are right on target. Something is way off with the salt shakers. Too many stories to cover and confuse. I wonder if the salt shakers still exist and if anyone could get a hold of them for testing.

On a scale of 1 to 10? At least a 12. First it was dirt, and then it was pepper that "fell in" , and then it was sea salt? Sorry, but it appears to be the sound of covering to me. Did anyone ever check any of her salt shakers? If she had so many, some of them could have been "clean" while certain others held salt mixed with whatever. (Sorry if this has already been addressed---it has slipped my mind if it has.)
In reference to your post about the hysterectomy---that conjures up all kinds of frightening and disturbing possibilities of things that may have caused that scarring. I would think that any of those possibilities could also cause severe psychological and emotional scarring which in turn could cause any and all of these behaviors. I'm not excusing ---just still trying to find a reason(s) for why this all has happened.
Your posts about your grandmother were heart-wrenching to read---and must have taken incredible strength to write. I hope getting it down in print did help to ease some of the pain that you're feeling.
Roomie took the words right out of my mouth. I agree 100% with her entry. I, too, feel that the hysterectomy story holds some "deep seeded" emotions in J. that might explain a few things.

so- my only Aunt called me today... and she has had so many losses that I am sure she sees thing from an older, wiser, or at least different perspective, but she is trying to tell me that I should put everything behind me, and come to some type of an agreement that works to have my mom back in my life. She said that she'll die someday and that we can't just leave things like this.

I told her that I have kids to raise and I don't feel safe. She said that whatever was done, or not done- we have to put things in a place that we can all deal with and just move on. (like not eating at her house- meet at a park to eat.)

I asked her if during all of these deaths, and losing her daughter to this also, if she has ever heard my mom cry- and she was quiet for a good 10 seconds, and then she said.. "no".

I told her that kinda creeped me out, then she said... wait.. wait- she cried one time when she was talking about my dad's death, but it really wasn't about my dad she was crying, it was something about missing her hometown of LaBelle.

I asked her if my mom ever is upset about losing me over this at all, and she said, "well, she doesn't go that far, but she does tell me she's glad that I keep tabs on you."

She also said, "I know a lot of things about your mom that I will never ever say- I've known her since I was 5 years old. So, I know all of your concerns, but we need to find a way to come to an agreement."

:( Love my Aunt, but the idea doesn't sound responsible.

So- this is the part that bothers me the most about the salt; When it first happened, her hands were shaking and she had a mini-melt down to even open one lid to "see if it was a good one" first. So- she knew something was in some of them before she even started checking. When I called her, and we discussed all of my concerns- we had over an hour conversation of everything I was concerned about- why did she say there was a black widow in the family- why did everyone keep getting sick and/or dying, why did Roy accuse her of poisoning, and in that conversation, I revealed to her that I found out Roy's medical reports and that he did not have a shrinking brain, he was poisoned. She was very cool- thanking me for the lovely conversation and the opportunity to share with me what happened. I asked her about the salt, and she said she had no recollection of ever having any salt shakers like I described, or ever saying she'd scooped dirt in one of them.

The above leads me to the concerning moment, when she called me back about 4 hours later in a sing-songy voice and said, "I've SOLVED the MYSTERY of the salt." That is when she said, "I was peppering something, and the lid fell off!" she was laughing, and repeated it a time or two, and I said, "ok thanks.. that must be it, " or something like that, then she hung up.

The next day is when she called everyone saying I was crazy and not to talk to me, and I was hallucinating, could have schizophrenia, bipolar, had gone off medication, whatever it took, including that I was telling her horrible stories about my dead father on the phone. (never happened- it's recorded).

My concern is the item she chose to focus on- after I asked her about the deaths of so many people, my illness, etc. and all she was concerned about was explaining that salt to me in a call back.

Lucky - DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR AUNT! Do not put yourself and your family in danger. Why would she even suggest such a thing? I know it is difficult when a family is separated. I have not had a relationship with my mother and brother for 3 years. But sometimes these things are absolutely necessary. You must keep collecting the evidence and staying safe. She has hurt too many people. There must be a reckoning for that.

I have a question for the few people reading this thread, (all 10 of you ;) ) I just wondered on a scale of 1-10 how unusual you think the situation with the salt is. I have a recording which I am not going to share right now because of the case, where she denies she ever had any salt shakers at all when I asked her about the 12 - 16 shakers she had in her cabinet. I reminded her she told me it was dirt in the shaker that she scooped in, and she said she recalled nothing like that. Then- later that night she called me, recorded, and she said she remembered that the lid fell off when she was peppering something, and so that's how all of the "crap" got into the salt. Then the next day she called family, and told them I was crazy. Then- she told the family I accused her of poisoning me with salt at thanksgiving (which didn't happen) and put the skull and crossbones on the salt and pepper shakers and said that they were "her poison". Then, she wrote me an email a year or two later where she said the stuff in her salt was sea salt- end of story.

So- do you think this is the sound of dementia or covering? Thanks for your views- it's the only real thing I saw with my eyes, and I wonder if there is any other angle to take it than the one I have taken.

There are a lot more than ten of us "listening" to your fascinating story!! My security settings keep kicking me off so I usually just "watch", but an totally glued to it!

My concern is the item she chose to focus on- after I asked her about the deaths of so many people, my illness, etc. and all she was concerned about was explaining that salt to me in a call back.

As somebody else said, you definitely need to let whoever is investigating know this, so they can check into whether these salt shakers are still available to test.

I'm also wondering, after you describe her checking the salt shakers, whether the incident at Thanksgiving where so many people got sick, was inadvertent due to her mistaking a "dirty" salt shaker with a "clean" one? Not that it makes a difference in the end, but it might explain why her M.O. on that one seems so different from the more pointed incidents when a single individual was targeted.

I admit the idea of seeing my mother again terrifies me. I don't want too admit that to my aunt because fear is not something I want to emote in this situation, I want to have strength and knowledge and faith...but total fear is what I feel when I think of seeing her in any setting.

My mom has already been polygraphed and interviewed by the FBI. The civil case is the only thing that keeps me from sharing the other taped conversation with you because parts of it has to do with Bruce. I am going to try to make snippets of the conversation available here that won't affect anything. Cforgy could you post that little 15 sec phone call where she talks about the salt? Also, if you have the hour long one in mp3 format (not the detective one, the other one) could you send that to me so that I can try to make some snippets? If you don't have them let me know and I'll have my hub help me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria
Back