MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmmmmm...

I just found out from a source involved with the case that perhaps there is a Grand Jury going on during the next 7 to 10 days and that is why the FBI said they can't give results yes or no, just whether they are proceeding with, or dropping the case in 7 to 10 days. Does that sound right ?

Oh, my gosh. I guess it would make sense that they can't give out any information if it's going to the Grand Jury because that might compromise evidence or tip their hand maybe...? Do you know if it's just the Fulford case---or if it includes any or all of the rest of them?
I just recently read or heard something somewhere where the FBI was characterized as a group that is likely to take years on a case and not do anything until they believe that they have everything that might exist in order to prove their case. When I read/heard that I immediately thought of this situation and had chills because that would certainly explain/describe what they are doing here.

Oh, my gosh. I guess it would make sense that they can't give out any information if it's going to the Grand Jury because that might compromise evidence or tip their hand maybe...? Do you know if it's just the F. case---or if it includes any or all of the rest of them?
I just recently read or heard something somewhere where the FBI was characterized as a group that is likely to take years on a case and not do anything until they believe that they have everything that might exist in order to prove their case. When I read/heard that I immediately thought of this situation and had chills because that would certainly explain/desribe what they are doing here.

The person who told me is involved on the legal side of this and said it was their opinion only but that this person had worked for the fbi for decades and they "smell a grand jury coming". They said that they think if the grand jury finds enough evidence to proceed then the fbi will bring charges down before telling us they are proceeding. If the grand jury says there's not enough, then they'll call family and tell them case is closed. It is for all the cases not just fulfords. Also, the civil depositions are going on in a couple of weeks I guess.

Oh, my gosh. I guess it would make sense that they can't give out any information if it's going to the Grand Jury because that might compromise evidence or tip their hand maybe...? Do you know if it's just the F. case---or if it includes any or all of the rest of them?
I just recently read or heard something somewhere where the FBI was characterized as a group that is likely to take years on a case and not do anything until they believe that they have everything that might exist in order to prove their case. When I read/heard that I immediately thought of this situation and had chills because that would certainly explain/describe what they are doing here.

The person said that the words, "we can't tell you if we found anything in the autopsies or not, only if we are going to proceed or drop the case" sounded very grand juryish

If you think about it, it sounds pretty rediculous that they would wait for the sealed envelope with the results of 2.5 year old exhumations and a case 4 years in, only to quickly inform the family members if they will proceed to drop the case without discussion. My thoughts are if something came back positive then they may do the grand jury as she suspects, and if they don't find anything they will have a meeting to decide if they can proceed on circumstantial or how to wrap it up and inform families. That's my opinion... I think they very much know the results already.

I think a grand jury would be a very good thing. I can't see how the grand jury would pass on giving an indictment unless the FBI completely bungle this. Grand Juries by their very nature are biased toward the prosecution, because no defense is offered. I will be shocked if the case does not move forward.

who knows if there will be a Grand Jury or not... but I feel strongly that they will at least find something in Roy's body if that test is completed. I guess Grand Juries are secret??? I think I have heard of Gand Juries going on with people knowing about it though, so since I don't really know what is going on, (as usual) I guess I will continue breathing in and out at a normal rate as much as possible. I have grown quite comfortable with the "we'll just never know" philosophy... (as comfortable as possible) so if they don't proceed, I am used to living in that limbo. If they do proceed, I have a feeling I am in for a shock- not sure how to deal with that one yet.

who knows if there will be a Grand Jury or not... but I feel strongly that they will at least find something in Roy's body if that test is completed. I guess Grand Juries are secret??? I think I have heard of Gand Juries going on with people knowing about it though, so since I don't really know what is going on, (as usual) I guess I will continue breathing in and out at a normal rate as much as possible. I have grown quite comfortable with the "we'll just never know" philosophy... (as comfortable as possible) so if they don't proceed, I am used to living in that limbo. If they do proceed, I have a feeling I am in for a shock- not sure how to deal with that one yet.
You are a very strong person. Lucky2, you have more than proved that to me in just the one and a half years since I "met" you. You will deal with it with the very same grace, courage, strength and faith in God that you have dealt with all the rest of this mess. As I always tell ones close to me, 'If you are at the end of your rope, just tie a knot and hang on for dear life!'!!!

I have to say that I agree with cofinley 200%. I have been totally impressed with what I have seen of your strength, faith, courage, and openness through all of this. You know that you have friends behind you---and that we who are following this so religiously are also supporting you and praying for you.

Personally, I have to say that all of this makes me even sadder that your mother and I lost touch with each other. If we hadn't, I may have gotten to know you and your siblings over the years and may have been able to offer you more support that I can through these emails. I have regretted that loss---because your mother and I were once very close friends, and I have missed that. I regret it even more now though because of what you (and your mother) have been going through, and it breaks my heart that I can't do much for either one of you (except pray maybe) when you both need help the most.
You are a strong person---with strong faith and the courage to stand up for what you believe is right in spite of what some others may think. Your mother should be proud of you. I know I would be proud if you were my daughter.
Stay strong, and remember that many of us are praying for you.

Believe it or not, I have only written about 20% of what concerns me about Jeanne on this site. I think I am going to take a break from this until I hear something concrete from Civil or Criminal and will keep you posted. Thank you for your kind words cofinley and roomie. I hope I can live up to what you said.

I have been glued to this thread. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen. Lucky, hang in there. You are doing great. Just keep breathing in and out. Take deep breaths often. 20%? Wow. The things that must be in your mind. Know that we are all thinking of you and sending you vibes of strength and peace.

Lucky2,
Take care of yourself and your family. We're all waiting to hear if progress is made in the case, but it is more important that you stay physically and emotionally healthy! We're here when you need us. God bless you!

Believe it or not, I have only written about 20% of what concerns me about Jeanne on this site. I think I am going to take a break from this until I hear something concrete from Civil or Criminal and will keep you posted. Thank you for your kind words cofinley and roomie. I hope I can live up to what you said.
Lucky2 - There is no hoping about it. I KNOW you can do it. We KNOW you can do it. You are incredible!

after reading this whole thread last 10 days or so.. lucky is very very incredible and smart.. to me she sure seems to be intune and insightful and veryyyy strong.. ....

Godspeed Lucky :dance:

Thanks for saying I'm strong out here, because for some reason I am feeling especially weak, and I needed to hear that. Someone mentioned that they know I probably have friends in "the real world" that I can talk to, but that you guys are here for me. In reality, only a handful of people even know about it- and in very general terms, and I don't just sit and chat about it with anyone. This is truly my "secret life" out here I guess-because I just wouldn't even know what to say about it to anyone. I have one friend that used to help me walk and get stronger as I first started to try to overcome the physical aspects of some of this- so she knows the most, and will always be a dear friend/sister. Anyway, so you are important to me and my understanding this, and healing from this, and thank you.

I keep having updates that I wasn't expecting to have- but I'll just post what I have anyway.

1. Jeanne's civil deposition is scheduled for the 20th all day long.
2. all things have to be filed in front of the judge by the 23rd of August.
3. The FBI are about 7 days late now calling the F. family member back about results- so who knows what they are up to on the criminal-
4. I just had a "fibrous neuroplasm (?) " pulled out of my neck last night at the urgent care that was sent to pathology- I am not sure when those results will be back, but I hope I don't join everyone else ... :( it's probably fine- just kinda down about everything at the moment I guess.

that's the update- thx for being there for us all.

updated 8/9/2010 3:13:00 PM ET

WASHINGTON — The FBI's laboratory has a backlog of more than 3,200 forensic DNA cases, which can prevent timely capture of criminals and prolong incarceration of innocent people, according to a U.S. Justice Department report released on Monday.

The report by the department's inspector general said the backlog, which has increased sharply in the past year, can cause delays in legal proceedings that must await DNA analysis results.

snip

Of the backlog, more than 2,700 cases are in the laboratory unit that primarily examines biological fluid stains, such as blood and semen. Nearly 500 cases are in the unit that analyzes evidence such as hair, bones, and teeth.

snip

The FBI is in the process of adding 17 additional forensic examiners, but their hiring and training could take as long as 18 months.

More at link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38628942/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets

Lucky - I thought you might find this interesting. Hang in there sweetie. I hope the test comes back fine. Please keep us posted. I know you are stressed, but we are here to be your sounding board. Know that we are walking with you and lifting you up in spirit. I can't tell you how often I think about you, hoping that you are doing okay.

You may be feeling weak right now, but if you look back at what you have been through and what you have done, you will see the strength that we all see. I am always amazed at your sense of fairness. You seek to clarify events in your mind, not just assume that everything is connected to your mother (although I believe most of it is.) You should be proud of yourself for the way you have handled and continue to handle everything. I cannot begin to imagine being in your situation and I find you so inspirational.

Do something just for yourself. Something that will help you to relax. Take a nice bubble bath with candles. Read a book. Go to the park or a beach. Get a massage. Get a facial. Whatever you find most relaxing. You must take care of yourself too.

updated 8/9/2010 3:13:00 PM ET

Of the backlog, more than 2,700 cases are in the laboratory unit that primarily examines biological fluid stains, such as blood and semen. Nearly 500 cases are in the unit that analyzes evidence such as hair, bones, and teeth.

snip

The FBI is in the process of adding 17 additional forensic examiners, but their hiring and training could take as long as 18 months.

More at link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38628942/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets

That sure makes sense of things! So we aren't the only ones in this predicament- what a mess. I asked a detective why he thought it was taking so long to hear back from the FBI and he said "it's a murder case- there are no statutes of limitations, there is no reason to rush anything."

While I am bugged that I had this weird thing growing in my neck, for some reason I feel pretty calm about it over-all. Either I am used to so many bad things going on that it takes a lot for the alert button to ring in my head now, or I just know somewhere inside that it's benign. Every once in a while I feel this little stab of panic about it, (like when my neighbor saw the stitches across the back of my neck and said- I thought you just had a mole removed! This is serious!) Anyway- mostly I feel like I need to try to make it through this month, it's only 9 days until her deposition at this point- right around the corner. I was invited to go up and listen, and I have the right to ask any questions to the F.'s attorney that I want answered apparently, but to be honest- I am not sure I can handle that. I really don't know... I wonder what questions would really even count at this point. They have a right to ask questions even back to all of the husbands, money, etc.

Lucky - If you feel you can't handle it and don't have any burning questions, don't go. It's not required of you. Save it for when you are required. Of course, if you do have questions you need to ask, this may be your best chance.

Lucky - If you feel you can't handle it and don't have any burning questions, don't go. It's not required of you. Save it for when you are required. Of course, if you do have questions you need to ask, this may be your best chance.

You know what- you are right.. I am going to just write down any questions I think of before-hand, but listening to this I think is asking too much right now. I can read the deposition later. I am about to the limit of what I can take right now with running a business, three kids about to start school, just normal responsibilities like running the house (!) and looking back takes time and energy. I need to spend some time in the present and on my own life next week.

You know what- you are right.. I am going to just write down any questions I think of before-hand, but listening to this I think is asking too much right now. I can read the deposition later. I am about to the limit of what I can take right now with running a business, three kids about to start school, just normal responsibilities like running the house (!) and looking back takes time and energy. I need to spend some time in the present and on my own life next week.
Take a deep breath in, hold it, and now exhale. I know this is stressful, but I can't imagine anyone that could handle it better than you have. We know you have many questions, and I feel asking them could help you find some sort of something, maybe a kind of closure? If you can submit the questions on paper to the attorney, then I encourage you to do so. But, don't go in person. Wait to read the deposition. I would not go if it were me. I understand the stress that seeing Jeanne brings onto you, and you don't need any more stress. Try to relax. Relaxing is good for healing your neck as it is also good for healing the soul. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We may never have met in person, but you are the strongest woman that I know.

Hang in there Lucky. Keep the faith that there will be closure somehow for you & your family at some point in the future (hopefully sooner than later). I will await any new developments.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back