GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she's in the trunk we will know more soon.

I think it's probably standard procedure not to open a recovered vehicle's trunk at the recovery site.

Right now I am of the opinion that this person was local, perhaps the "friend". Judging by the looks of the condition of the car and the way it was parked on the street, it wasn't put there hastily. I'm guessing it's just "parked" there. I'm wondering if she didn't go somewhere else with this "friend". Obviously this is JMO, but I think they'll find her safe. I am hopeful anyway.

I'm very happy to see that LE is jumping on this!!! I was worried for a bit.

Would it have time to "smell aweful" in only a few days and with temps being as low as they have been? I'm in the vicinity of Springfield, IL and today is the first warmer day we've had in some time.

Say a perp dropped the car there. Then what? They walk? Have someone pick them up? Perhaps they live in the area and simply walked home? It was originally reported that Ebony was visiting a friend in St Louis. I wonder if the friend lives nearby? Surely Ebony, being from the area, would know this is not a safe place. I don't know how long it's been since she lived there though. She's lived in Washington, Colorado, Texas and Oklahoma too.

I know I am repetitive about this, but it so reminds me of Krista Dittmeyer. I do believe she met up with the people who killed her but saved her baby. I'm foggy on all of the particulars, however.

And do we know for sure that the gps tracking system in the car is what lead them there? It was worded kind of funny. I knew they were in the process of getting a warrant for it. I guess a warrant can be faxed and at that point it was as simple as the car dealer looking it up? It just seemed to happen awfully fast.

Perhaps someone called it in? Wouldn't people do that (even in a really bad neighborhood) if there was an odor? Not saying there was. LE wasn't covering there noses or anything from the pics I saw.

I know I am repetitive about this, but it so reminds me of Krista Dittmeyer. I do believe she met up with the people who killed her but saved her baby. I'm foggy on all of the particulars, however.

I think she was either delivering drugs at the time, or at least involved in selling them (Krista, that is.)

Police said the car was found using a GPS device. According to police, the device is installed in vehicles to allow it to be located if payments are not made on the car.

http://www.kmov.com/news/editors-pi...oned-toddler-found-in-St-Louis-186045932.html

And do we know for sure that the gps tracking system in the car is what lead them there? It was worded kind of funny. I knew they were in the process of getting a warrant for it. I guess a warrant can be faxed and at that point it was as simple as the car dealer looking it up? It just seemed to happen awfully fast.

Perhaps someone called it in? Wouldn't people do that (even in a really bad neighborhood) if there was an odor? Not saying there was. LE wasn't covering there noses or anything from the pics I saw.

i wonder if the keys are/were still in the vehicle or if the potential perp took them with them... i wonder if Ebony's purse, phone & keys will be found in the car... im so interested to hear more of what they find out from that car!!!

I second your opinion. I have a few claims/job sites in North St. Louis. My faves are at Marcus and Natural Bridge and Natural Bridge and Grand. I love them so much I don't arrive until after 8:00 am and leave before 2:00 pm.

Thirded. (LOL, is that such a thing?) I occasionally have to drive through north city to get to/from work . . . I can't even begin to tell you the shady stuff I've seen there.

My work is literally on the borderline -- the streets bordering us to the north are full of run down houses, drug dens, gunshots, and has a "Nuisance Abatement Vehicle" running around; the streets bordering on the south side are multi-million dollar, historic houses. I've worked in three different areas of St. Louis in the past 12 years, and working here near north city and working downtown were the worst. :twocents:

Would it have time to "smell aweful" in only a few days and with temps being as low as they have been? I'm in the vicinity of Springfield, IL and today is the first warmer day we've had in some time.

It's in the 50s here today; however, it has been in the 30s mostly recently:

Weatherunderground Data

Also, I think someone might have already answered this . . . but yes, both plates are required in Missouri, as well as Illinois:

A source for that: http://dmvanswers.com/questions/354/Am-I-required-to-have-license-plates-on-the-front-and-back-of-my-car linked on DMV.ORG

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/missing-mother-s-car-located-in-st-louis/article_bbf97de8-82fc-571b-ab6c-556b54d4e981.html
Authorities weren't sure how long the car had been on Elmbank Avenue. One neighbor said he thought it had been there five or six days and hadn't moved in that time.
If this is true, then her car may have been dumped there Friday morning shortly after baby was.

My theory is that Ebony headed for her cousin's home in St John early Friday morning (perhaps she stayed the night in a Hickory Trace Apartment or in the hallway)...she could have been mugged at gunpoint and ushered to her car and told/forced to drop baby carrier, taken in her car somewhere, assaulted(etc), body dumped, then car was parked and tag quickly removed before the perp got away.

Though I have nothing to base it on, I think LE should start checking the various parks between where the baby was found and where her car was found. JMO

Though I have nothing to base it on, I think LE should start checking the various parks between where the baby was found and where her car was found. JMO

There is a "handy" park 2-3 blocks away. There is a large park, Fairground Park less than a mile away as well. It has a large lake.

Is there any reason to believe she would be a robbery victim? Was she traveling with cash?

I wish there was more information about this:( I'm really worried about what happened to the mom. I see they are looking for her but have the issued a missing persons or anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces
Back