GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dammit. I'm in tears. I was really hoping for a different outcome.

Rest in Peace, sweet Momma Ebony.

:rose:

I am so sad and so angry that this happened to her. I've been following daily and just couldn't see any reason why she would leave her child. I hope the perp is caught today.

I hope that the piece of *** that did this to Ebony left behind some evidence and is apprehended quickly. I do believe that it was due to Ebony's fighting for her little baby's life that he is still alive.

I hope that the piece of *** that did this to Ebony left behind some evidence and is apprehended quickly. I do believe that it was due to Ebony's fighting for her little baby's life that he is still alive.

ITA. You hear parents say all the time that they would give their life for their child and I believe that Ebony did just that. She sacrificed herself for the miracle baby she never believed she would have but wanted so desperately. The person that ripped her away from her son is the lowest of the low.

Just a wild theory... for whatever reason Ebony goes to that building - maybe she needs a plae for the night, maybe this "friend" lures her there.

She gets out of the car and takes Donovan, who maybe has the bottle, first to put inside the hallway. Much safer than leaving him the car, perhaps the "friend" has gone ahead to "open the door".

Then she goes back out to grab the bag.. not realising the friend is following.. they incapacitate or threaten her (or the baby). She thinks people live in the building, he'll be found, better to get the threat away.

Of course that leaves motive etc...

Just going to bump my own post here, my theory from earlier.

If the baby stuff was in the trunk, she may have popped it to get it out, killer comes up behind her, hits her and pushes her in - if she was already bent over it would be easier. If it's a proper hatchback it's easier to get stuff into as well, trunks don't open as wide. Maybe she came round long enough to make a call - possibly she could reach the phone but only to hit 'last called' or contacts and that's why she asked "can you hear me?" - because she didn't have the phone close to her ear.

I dreaded this outcome; didn't want to think of her running away but it was better than this cruelty. Especially after reading that post from her mom on the Ellen website.

If that neighborhood is as bad as locals say would someone walk around there say between 10pm and 5am? I can't see a murderer waiting around for a cab. It is looking like maybe there was a second vehicle/accomplice. I think the baby had to have been dropped first unless the baby was being held by an accomplice. I can't see the murderer taking the time to unhook the carseat and transfer it to another car right there in that neighborhood. I sure hope this creep (or creeps) is caught quick!

BBM

I think if it's someone familiar with the area or a young person (who doesn't care) then yes someone would walk around the area. As other locals have stated I personally wouldn't be in that neighborhood even during the day it's scary! I was down there once (about 7 years ago) with a friend and it was a scary place then. Lots of drug activity and gangs.

I heard the news yesterday and am SO sad for poor Ebony and her family.

I don't think this was at all random. I think the person that did this to her had her complete trust. I'm just so thankful that D was spared!!!

RIP Ebony!

OKC paper the Daily Oklahoman still running only the AP account but appears to be gearing up for some actual local reporting, affixing this to its front page blurb of the AP article:
(Editor's Note: The Oklahoman and NewsOK.com are interested in interviewing anyone who knew Ebony Jackson. Please email breakingnews@opubco.com.)

I can't imagine what the motive to kill Ebony would be...surely she did not carry large amounts of cash or valuables? Maybe a sexual assault?

I was researching the make/model of the car, an '04 Mitsubishi Galant, and Edmunds reports that it has an emergency interior trunk release which would allow someone trapped to free themselves if they were locked in the trunk.

This can indicate one of three things in this case: The victim was dead before being placed in the trunk, she was unaware or could not find the release, or that the release had malfunctioned.

Also, it was cold in STL on Thursday in to Friday of last week and then we saw a warm up over the weekend, with temps in the high 50s yesterday. If she was placed in the trunk alive she could have survived, I suppose.

It leads me to believe she was murdered before being placed in the trunk. Her cause of death has not been released. I'm curious to see what the autopsy report has to say.

I am both pissed and saddened to see this!

:furious:

:(

I can't imagine what the motive to kill Ebony would be...surely she did not carry large amounts of cash or valuables? Maybe a sexual assault?

Sadly there are people that kill just for the thrill of it too. Who knows what she had on her. She might have contemplated not going back to OKC and brought all her important belongings and $$ with her.

I was researching the make/model of the car, an '04 Mitsubishi Galant, and Edmunds reports that it has an emergency interior trunk release which would allow someone trapped to free themselves if they were locked in the trunk.

This can indicate one of three things in this case: The victim was dead before being placed in the trunk, she was unaware or could not find the release, or that the release had malfunctioned.

Also, it was cold in STL on Thursday in to Friday of last week and then we saw a warm up over the weekend, with temps in the high 50s yesterday. If she was placed in the trunk alive she could have survived, I suppose.

It leads me to believe she was murdered before being placed in the trunk. Her cause of death has not been released. I'm curious to see what the autopsy report has to say.

It's also possible she was bound and gagged. In most cars you can kick out the back seat from the trunk too. My guess is she was already dead when placed in there. It's possible the phone call was made during the attack (or whatever happened) and not from the trunk. I really think that phone call was made as a desperate plea for help.

And I wanted to add that I hope the cousin kept that voicemail. If he didn't I think he can still retrieve it through the phone company.

It's also possible she was bound and gagged. In most cars you can kick out the back seat from the trunk too. My guess is she was already dead when placed in there. It's possible the phone call was made during the attack (or whatever happened) and not from the trunk. I really think that phone call was made as a desperate plea for help.

True, true about the "bound and gagged." I have seen several references to a phone call in this thread, but I cannot find info online about it. Can you direct me to a link regarding it? Much appreciated!

True, true about the "bound and gagged." I have seen several references to a phone call in this thread, but I cannot find info online about it. Can you direct me to a link regarding it? Much appreciated!
Family members say she phoned a cousin who lives in St. John and left a message on his cell phone indicating she was going to visit him. She never arrived.
http://fox2now.com/2013/01/08/abandoned-babys-mothers-car-found-in-north-st-louis/
(The family) said the last time anyone heard from Jackson was a phone call to an aunt Thursday.

Jackson told the aunt she was with a friend, and the aunt said she could hear the baby in the background. The aunt did not ask who the friend was, but Jackson’s family feels sure that person will know what happened to her.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_86cef6d8-e2c0-5690-8924-06d0bcdb3f64.html

my heart just sank when i couldn't find ebony on the missing page, so i came here & wasn't too surprised that deceased was next to her name.. i know we all wished this was a voluntary departure type of situation.

:( i hate that my hunches were right on in this case. i feel sick to my stomach looking at the picture of her car (parked where they found it) and the investigators standing just a couple of feet away talking.

i feel like the car will probably be full of evidence, prints, clothing threads, hair, etc etc from our perp. i'm guessing they probably attempted to clean up some evidence at some point... but my fingers are crossed that they missed a vital piece of evidence. i have a feeling that LE has a suspect in mind... and i hope they're taken off the streets very VERY soon!

New information:

She left East St. Louis friends just before 10 p.m., telling the neighbor that she needed to find a place to stay for the night,

"Jackson then called Mosley’s mother, saying she would stop by her house Friday with the baby, Mosley recalled. “She told my mother she was staying with a friend somewhere in Fairview Heights or O’Fallon,”"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back